[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOW DO I MAKE ART-RELATED FRIENDS

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: 1489176696541.jpg (22KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
1489176696541.jpg
22KB, 590x350px
HOW DO I MAKE ART-RELATED FRIENDS
>>
>>2926563
why the fuck would you want that? get some normie orbiters who you can recruit as your personal drones
>>
don't
most artfags are mentally unstable
just make a friendly rival acquaintance
>>
>>2926563
Not gonna make it.
>>
I dunno, maybe you can start with some small-talk with the old lady in the art supplies shop.
>>
>>2926563
git gud so your art friendship is worth a damn.
>>
>>2926563
By staying well away from /ic/.
>>
>>2926563
I just join art groups and post my work

now I have over 10 girls to talk with everyday.
>>
>>2926616
Do you get to feel their boobs?
>>
>>2926563
Hi :)
>>
>>2926623
what boobs?
I do use their faces for reference tou.
>>
Just dont do it. No need to thank me.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 474x605px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 474x605px
Have a full sketchbook and enroll in something. Or draw outdoors, or in a mall environment. If you have a sketchbook or good erasers or something, give it as a gift to someone who has potential.
>>
>>2926563

if you don't live in bumfuck nowhere'sville use meetup.com nigga

post a group if there's not one already

you might make like one autistic neckbeard friend who shows up but hey that's networking
>>
>>2926563
Art school?
>>
>>2926563
livestreaming
>>
Never make friends with people who hate themselves even more than they hate you.
>>
>>2926928
>Never make friends with 99% of humanity
wew
>>
>>2926968
Exactly.
>>
I can't make friends at all, let alone art related ones.
>>
File: 2017-04-04 16.56.17.jpg (315KB, 574x838px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-04 16.56.17.jpg
315KB, 574x838px
Looking for someone to paint with and share work/give critique daily

[email protected]
>>
>>2926563
Dont do it.
Artists are mentally unstable or really obnoxious.
Just get some normie friends that dont know how to draw
>>
If they call themselves nonbinary or feminists, or consider themselves as part of black lives matter tennstay away from them lmao. There are lots f artists who are part of the SJW culture, but not all are.
>>
>>2926563
>sitting at my usual spot at my usual coffee shop sketching
>girl in dress with purple hair comes in
>"hey anon can i draw with you"
>figure she might be gud, i dont look like a prize myself
>o-okay
>shes bleh tier, what i expected
>"hey want to get a drink?"
>i like beer, shes not too qt but on the other hand i really like beer
>we walk down street
>"mmm that smells really good"
>stops for a second in front of restraunt awkwardly while i keep walking then keeps going
>we sit at bar and get drink
>she keeps hinting at how hungry she is
>bitch im not buying you dinner
>cave and share an order of fries
>we get tipsy and she suddenly starts talking about polygamy and touches my hand
>she offers to drive me home
>we pull into my driveway and sit there for a second
>she obviously wants in
>i say "well, see you" and hop out
>thanks for the ride

Why do people even bother with women
>>
>>2927649
You did well, don't let anyone tell your otherwise.
>>
>>2927649
>artists so poor they have to pick up strangers for dinner
>>
>>2927649
You're gonna make it.
>>
>>2926575
This.
>>
>>2926563

>Get invited to a Patreon mixer by Patreon.
>It's on the way back from my work and there's free food n drinks, so why not.
>Arrive, not a lot of people but I start mingling with one of the tables, I'm not shy.
>After an hour of talking it's obvious that almost every single "artist" at the meetup are doing either dumb experimental bs, photography or concept art that is not good enough for hire.
>One thing they all have in common is that almost none of them makes any money doing art.
>Most of them don't even have a patreon account.
>Some of them advertised themselves as comic artists but haven't made a comic in years.
>They talk about the shit they have to do to earn any money to live and it's depressing.
>Leave traumatized from the thought of ending up in my 30's a broke ass washed up artist who can't provide for themselves.

I mean I actually have a job doing art right now, but goddamn it it made me so fucking depressed, why do artists have to be so socially retarded and financially stunted? I don't want to be put in the same category as these people.

Be friends with normal people, artists are fucked.
>>
>>2928027
They obviously came to network anon
>>
>>2928031
yeah no shit, doesn't mean their lives have to be a parents nightmare.
>>
>>2928071
Sacrifices have to be made to get where you want to go
>>
>>2927649
You did good anon. Get your own shit together first. You wanna be ready when the right one comes along.
>>
>>2928074
if you're past 25 years old and your work doesn't make enough money to support yourself and you have no other job you might want to grow up and choose a different career.
>>
>>2927607
This anon is right. Muggle friends will be much better for you and keep you grounded in reality. There's probably more to life than art
>>
>>2928079
Lots of pros didn't start till that age tho
>>
>>2928082
but were they jobless until they were 25? most likely not. I'm talking about artists who insists on doing art and have no job on the side even if they have no luck within art.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.