[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got some Loomis

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 19420604._UY200_.jpg (13KB, 151x200px) Image search: [Google]
19420604._UY200_.jpg
13KB, 151x200px
Now what? Be my art drill sergeant.
>>
Now you get buyer's remorse because /ic/ hates Loomis now

Then you suck it up and appreciate some pretty solid advice he has on basic form construction, though his style makes everybody look like they should be on a WW2 propaganda poster
>>
>>2925883
Have you tried reading the fucking book?
>>
>>2925889
>his style makes everybody look like they should be on a WW2 propaganda poster
Not liking the vintage art
Shit taste desu
>>
>>2925883
>UUUUH GUYS I GOT A HOW TO DRAW BOOK WHAT DO I DO NOOOW?
are you stupid?
>>
>>2925968

Style matters depending on your intentions, bro. It's good for a beginner to go into a lesson knowing that the teacher's has a certain "look" so that they don't get bolted down to their style by mistaking them as concrete rules

There's a time and place for perfectly square heads and strong cocaine sucking noses. Won't be the same for everyone though
>>
File: 20170403_030022.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170403_030022.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
I'm not a total beginner. I'm just not sure what to focus on.
>>
>>2926012
focus on the lines , not the details , focus on form
>>
>>2925883
My most heartfelt advice: keep drawing things and focus on putting out IDEAS. What do I need to draw now? What do I want to show? Focus completely on the idea, do a base thing like a sketch and a gesture line, try to push things a bit and ignore all the Loomis sttuff until you're in the construction phase. That's where you want to pick up Loomis for reference.

It's really the same thing as perspective. You don't want to start with a full set of vanishing points and accurate blocking in of where things are supposed to be. You first pour out the things that are in your head and then you build the perspective. so that you can ground it.

If you see yourself start with a ball and cross before you have any actual idea on paper your creativity is in danger.
>>
>>2925883
Loomis is meme. Get hampton.
>>
>>2925889
why buyers remorse?
as far as I know the loomis books are free
>>
>>2925889
>though his style makes everybody look like they should be on a WW2 propaganda poster
What side?
>>
>>2928264
The one that likes Aryan supermen
>>
File: false SSBlue.jpg (137KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
false SSBlue.jpg
137KB, 1280x720px
>>2928408

>Ideal Aryan male skipped leg day

what a crock of shit
>>
>>2926031
Foot proportions wrong desu
>>
>>2926037
So rather than read loomis, just refer to it when you need to be able to properly draw parts of a person.
>>
Art books is a meme, go for new masters academy or cgpeers and watch villpu and steve huston
>>
>>2928408
Mr. Hill, you have no ass
>>
>>2930398
I meant to write that comment as a question, not a statement.
>>
>>2925883
loomis is a meme. should have started wit steve huston.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.