[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: sketchbook.jpg (198KB, 800x642px) Image search: [Google]
sketchbook.jpg
198KB, 800x642px
I used to draw on pc with my tablet (i was very bad by the standards on this board), but i dont want to do things on my pc anymore so im going to get a sketchbook to go outside and draw

What pencils/materials should i get?
I wanna be able to paint/draw things with similar contrast to pic related

Any other advice welcome, like how to improve faster or whatever, I'm not sure what i wanna draw/paint/style i want tho
>>
is it a good idea to get a pen at once?

I've always been more comfortable with pencils
>>
Materials don't really matter. You can do well with just about anything if you know what you're doing and have enough reps on the oar, so to speak.

That said, I recommend charcoal and gouache, for drawing and painting. Charcoal is conducive to learning value control, and gouache is good for learning to paint in general.
>>
>>2924447
Try different kinds of supplies to find what works for you. If you want to art on the go, you might want something that's not very messy or large.
For sketchbooks: cheaper is better. Very common for newbies to buy a new expensive sketchbook and be so afraid of ruin it with ugly drawings that they never actually draw anything in it.
>>
File: Screenshot (147).png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (147).png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>2924449
>Materials don't really matter. You can do well with just about anything

I'm asking because i'm clueless, even about those fancy drawing pencils that have like different values/textures, and i dont want to do shitty graphite drawings that look all grey with no contrast !

>I recommend charcoal

these look beautiful! i really like thank you, the gouche looks really good, albeit i don't feel ready for colors

>charcoal and gouache

can these go on a sketchbook? (won't they smear when i close it?)
can i carry them around easily? I feel the charcoal probably because it looks like chalk but im wary of paint and dirty brushes
are they affordable to waste on shitty drawings?

>>2924461
>so afraid of ruin it with ugly drawings that they never actually draw anything in it.

oh haha, i know it'll be filled with junk at first (and for a good while), not gonna expect to have a pretty sketchbook until i fill a couple of them with dumb stuff

>If you want to art on the go, you might want something that's not very messy or large

yes definitely, i want to know if there's options im not aware of before trying to draw with the same pencil that i use to do math
>>
>>2924465
>i want to know if there's options im not aware of before trying to draw with the same pencil that i use to do math
I think I just threw up a little.

Just get a pencil set with pens from 2H to 8/9B.
If you want to try ink: get a set of fine liners and a brush pen.
If you want colour: ask someone else since I don't really know shit about it.
>>
>>2924447
with proper study you should be able to get this done within a year.
>>
>>2924478
thank u senpai
>>2924480
this is good!
>>
>>2924478
That's not vomit, that's just your opinion.
>>
>>2924949
no, i totally understand lol
>>
I personnaly really encourages you un THis project Man. did the sameawhile ago, and it really improved my motivation and confidence. Now i draw like 2-3h minimum a day.. you'll meet new people and discover new places, i can relate. I used to bring 42x30 sketch book, with usually HB and 4b pencils. Then i started to draw with black ink and stuff. Just care of drugs and alcohol abuse, i took a lot myself When going to work outside.
>>
>>2925296
Oh and then, my advice would be to focus on people, (portraits, walking, runners, childrens playing) and perspective (i practice a lot in cathedrals and churches). If you want to go full imagination, my advice would be to try to make few study sketches before you go out so you don't waste time.
>>
>>2924447
There is no magic pen or tool that will make your drawings like this. Practice and time using tools anyway you can think to get desired effect is what will make a good picture. So experiment, but most importantly put the time in. This picture you posted would have taken hours at the very least.

But try giving soft and dark pencils a go. Maybe some charcoal too.
Dont listen to anyone saying "YOU DIDNT USE *BLANK* TO MAKE THIS, GROSS!" if I could paint with a wet sock and it looked how I wanted it to I would.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.