[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Logic's New Album Cover

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: b825.jpg (1MB, 2480x2480px) Image search: [Google]
b825.jpg
1MB, 2480x2480px
What do y'all think
>>
I feel like I'm supposed to but can't recognize a single person
>>
>>2924271
Close to neoclassic stuff, but some people feel like they don't belong.... (can't really tell why)
>>
>>2924301
This. The composition is pretty fuckin awful.
>>
>>2924271
Feels like they're posing, not spontaneously interacting. Compare it to da Vinci's last supper, that's the main difference.
Other than that, it's pretty fuckin' cool. I greatly appreciate the effort someone took to make it look authentic.
>>
File: _MG_0872.jpg (103KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
_MG_0872.jpg
103KB, 1023x682px
>>2924271
Did a fat person sit on that MPC? Weird detail to get wrong on a painting that obviously took a lot of time to do.
>>
The quality and execution of what look they wanted are pretty good. Like the background and the robot statue a lot even for the random elements in there. I don't know about the futurism or whatever it has to do with old art, and some of the people just look like cropped photos with filters over them and I can't recognize anyone except Neil Degrasse Tyson?
>>
>>2924420
There is no underlying structure whatsoever as to how the people are posed.
>>
File: wedding.jpg (1023KB, 2040x1386px) Image search: [Google]
wedding.jpg
1023KB, 2040x1386px
>>2924420
>>2924442
>>2924647
Isn't this based on the Wedding at Cana?
>>
Been a big fan of Sam Spratts work for a long time, though I think he can be pretty hit or miss. As ambitious as I think this was, it could still use some more work. This is especially true for the people on our left - they're lacking some of the cohesiveness that other groups of people have.

His biggest issue is poses. I honestly think a part of the problem is that he often uses himself as a photo reference for projects. He's a pretty tall lanky dude, with long limbs, torso and a long neck, and that reflects into a poses he does.

His last cover was really good though.
>>
File: wtf total recall.jpg (59KB, 628x540px) Image search: [Google]
wtf total recall.jpg
59KB, 628x540px
>>2925625
The structure of renaissance paintings comes, in great part, from the overall geometry of the character's gazes and poses. Usually there is an underlying symbolism to it, but even if you don't know it, the sense of structure is very apparent. Here the poses and gazes are not very coherent - like lots of little snippets glued together. The chaotic clothing colors don't help.

Also, what the fuck.
>>
>>2924647
These lines are a total meme assigns and mean literally nothing
>>
>>2928061
*someone always assigns afterwards
>>
>>2924271

Traced over, meh.
>>
>>2924420
They're not white?
>>
nice art, stupid gimmick to stell stupid rap music, so whatever. I'm sure a lot of dudebros will love smoking weed and staring at the cover while listening to rhythm and poetry about sexual encounters so there's that.
>>
>>2924647

What's the book? What's the proof the artists knew about these things?
>>
>>2928140
yea, the lighting on the people is fucked because its just painted over photos, the the buildings and sky is alright though
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.