[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pen pressure doesn't work

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: wacomtablet.png (2KB, 346x125px) Image search: [Google]
wacomtablet.png
2KB, 346x125px
Not sure if this is the right board for this, but I figured it'd be the closest to my topic.

So, as you might already know by the subject, my pen pressure doesn't work.
I've had to do a complete reset of my PC a little while back and after that my pen pressure hasn't worked since. I've tried many methods, but to no avail.
- e.g. I tried all of these:
http://amiritec.deviantart.com/journal/Pen-Pressure-Sensitivity-Not-Working-in-SAI-517314143

While trying to come up with a solution, I did discover a few things.
In "Device Manager" my Wacom Tablet is recognized as a mouse. Is this normal?
And when I open "Wacom Tablet Properties" or "Wacom Desktop Center" my tablet doesn't get recognized, so that is my only clue to this problem.

Program for drawing: cracked SAI (I don't have the money for the paid version)
Picture: pop-up when I try to open "Wacom Tablet Properties"
>>
>>2923259

1. Restart the PC
2. If that doesn't work unplug the tablet
3. Uninstall any previous drivers from old tablet etc
4. Install latest drivers and then restart the PC
5. Plug in the tablet
>>
>>2923259
This is how I fix it in Windows 7 64x

CTR+ALT+DEL
Task Manager -> Processes tab -> WTabletServicePro.exe
Right click -> End Process Tree
Always in Task Manager, go to Services tab
WTabletServicePro -> Start Service

You might have to restart the drawing application.

This is temporary and might happen again over time. I have no idea what starts it, I fucking hate Wacom.
>>
>>2923264
Oo never happened to me for the 2 years i've had the intuos
>>
File: Sketch.png (433KB, 1254x1003px) Image search: [Google]
Sketch.png
433KB, 1254x1003px
I just deleted all of my Wacom related files, reinstalled drivers, restart, plugged in tablet.

For some reason the pen pressure seems to work in the "Windows Ink Space" feature of Windows 10, but not in SAI. I guess the problem lies somewhere in the program or the connection between SAI and my tablet.

>>2923260
Already tried this, doesn't work.
>>2923264
Did what you said, doesn't work either.
>>
>>2923281
>Did what you said, doesn't work either.
Have you restarted SAI afterwards?
>>
>>2923287
Didn't have SAI open to begin with.
>>
Try an older Wacom driver? I suspect that Win10 will try to update to the newest driver if possible and that is another problem.
>>
>>2923259
Is this a Cintiq or an Intuos?
>>
>>2923348
uhm I have no idea about SAI but sometimes Clip Studio will automatically switch to another tablet driver when it can't find the Wacom driver. Try seeing in the SAI settings if it's actually set on WinTab
>>
>>2923361
It works! I apparently needed a previous generation driver. Thanks a lot.
>>
On a similar note since this thread is conveniently here; I'm about to inherit an older Bamboo (CTH-670 based on provided info) that no longer has a pen.
I can't seem to find a non-conflicting or clear source on what pens would be compatible with it (or whether that's an issue at all), would the new model ones work? The only pens I can find on Wacom's website are ones made for touchscreen phones and the like, do those work?
>>
For future reference: >>>/g/
>>
>>2923920
https://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Bamboo-Pen-Graphic-Tablet/dp/B00W8WDCO4/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1491107314&sr=1-1&keywords=Bamboo+CTH670+pen
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.