[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you all balance art with the rest of college? After a

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: download (3).jpg (12KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
12KB, 275x183px
How do you all balance art with the rest of college?

After a day of just reading textbooks and writing, all I want to do is fall asleep or relax.

pls help im worryed about my gains
>>
>>2922721
>going to college

I have a 10 hour shift job 4 days/week. 3 days I draw for at least 10 hours, the other 4 I draw at least 3 hours. I'm not really mentally tired since I work labor so I got that going to me I guess
>>
>>2922736
I work landscaping with my dad in the summers. Definitely something to be said mental energy v. physical energy.

I still try to fill a few sketchbook pages before bed, but i always end up pooping on the page. The weekends are the only time i get meaningful practice.
>>
>>2922721
Take less credit hours?
I was pretty active in drawing the first couple years or so of college, but as I've gotten closer to finishing my chemE degree, I haven't drawn actively at all. I took an internship one summer and it was so draining (45 hr work week to get everything done) I didn't have the energy to draw. Plus, I didn't have a good place to work because I was in a shoddy hotel room the whole summer. Regardless, I haven't continued since then. I have my moments but it's usually like I'll have one week free from assignments but I just won't draw anymore.
To prevent that, I'd say the best thing you can do is to keep yourself in the mindset that drawing is a way you can spend your free time. If you're not doing anything on the weekend, then you can try to stream on twitch or picarto or something. This way you keep yourself doing it with a dedicated amount of time where you were probably going to sit and do a whole lot of nothing anyway.
>>
>tfw 40 hour week factory job
>all the shit's fucked, we're working 58 hours a week
>get home, shower, eat, draw a bit, sleep, back to work
>don't even know what day it is most of the time
>saving up money to fuck off and draw pretty pictures, actually manage to save 2/3 of what I earn every week
>family keeps taking all my money
Get on my level
>>
File: 1486828662992.png (19KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1486828662992.png
19KB, 499x499px
>>2922763
>NEET
>Have 24 hours a day to allocate as i please
>(((government))) gives me free money

If u aren't NEET i sincerely doubt you'll make it. Every artist that mattered just had all day to do art. look at Michelangelo, nigga didnt even shower most of the time and slept in his work clothes. Just art and get shekels from patrons
>>
>>2922767
>neetbux
Is this a real thing in other countries?
Over here they just give you sub-minimum wage until they find you a job, and if you refuse 3 jobs, they tell you to fuck off and die. I lived in 2 countries, and it was the same in both.
>>
>>2922767
>no sense of the worth of a dollar
>no real idea of what awaits you if you fail at art
>no knowledge of the pain of not being able to do art
>no experience of having to actually sustain yourself and others with work
>more likely than not, no life experience whatsoever, with all your inspiration coming from the entertainment industry
>make anything of note ever
K
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.