[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>leddit jerks over photorealistic drawing of Cara Delevingne

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: ohgod.jpg (1MB, 3096x4128px) Image search: [Google]
ohgod.jpg
1MB, 3096x4128px
>leddit jerks over photorealistic drawing of Cara Delevingne
>eyes aren't even aligned properly
>>
>>2921707
>lol i went to reddit and i didn't like it
Why do people go to a website they don't like just to find things they don't like?

That said, why does it seem like ALL contemporary photorealistic artists only do portraits of celebrities? Seems like such a waste of talent
>>
>>2921721
>talent
They do it because it isnt very hard, relatively.
Art classes start you off with portraits on day one, sometimes people dont move past that and see it as the endgoal.

Nobody should ever be doomed to becoming a human photocopier
>>
>>2921724
>it isn't very hard
post your work :^)
>>
>>2921725
About 15-20 mins.
If i took 3 more hours so polish it, sure it would look photorealistic, but why waste all that time just copying a photo 1:1? What would i be learning? Would I be learning anatomy? No, because i'm copying a photo. Would i learn about perspective or construction or composition? No, because i'm copying a photo.
And it's not like im doing a master study either, because i'm not trying to understand any sort of technique or theory, i'm just copying exactly what i see. Photorealism from life is something that should be praised, but when you're just copying from an image, all the work is already done for you. You just need to transfer the image onto another flat surface. That's why we have cameras.
No stylization, no soul.
>>
>>2921730
now
>>
>>2921733
Huh?
>>
File: 1450088035758.jpg (36KB, 497x552px) Image search: [Google]
1450088035758.jpg
36KB, 497x552px
>>2921730
>tfw you've been here so long that you remember that image being posted in 2015
>tfw you're still shit.
>>
>>2921721
I've been on leddit 3 years man

it's just the defaults being unobservant fuckwits
>>
>>2921736
Haha
Yeah i really should update my blog sometimes, i just pull up that image because its the only art i have on the internet
I bet you've improved my man just make sure to draw every day
>>
Reddit seems to be really impressed by photorealism in general. I've lurked on /r/art for years and you can rely on at least a few being upvoted to /r/all every week. Not long ago, it was those photorealistic donuts people were fawning over and then the Emma Watson one and then the Norman Rockell one.

They also love mediocre/unfinished pencil sketches.
>>
>>2921721
There are actual people who unironically like 4chan?

Because I'm here like a fucking nicotine addict. It was cool and exciting in the beginning and shit.

Are you underage by any chance?
>>
>>2921721
>why does it seem like ALL contemporary photorealistic artists only do portraits of celebrities?
Would people give a shit if you took a perfect likeness of your grandma? Drawing celebs is the real life equivalent of fanart

>>2921730
>>2921840
>Reddit seems to be really impressed by photorealism in general
Guys... reddit = normies.

If you show RIchard Schmid or any other impressionistic portrait artist to normies they'll say it looks awful because "you see the brushstrokes" and they perceive it as unfinished.
>>
>>2921889
>There are actual people who unironically like 4chan?
yes, most people here like the anonymity

>Because I'm here like a fucking nicotine addict. It was cool and exciting in the beginning and shit.
well what did you become addicted to? maybe you like it and its not just an addiction
>>
>>2921889
>Are you underage by any chance?
Are you? I mean, what kind of child pretends to post on a board he hates?
>>
>>2921707
>Would people give a shit if you took a perfect likeness of your grandma?
>Implying the second biggest photorealism meme isn't portraits of old people
>>
>>2921730
Not saying photorealism is even a good style, but you're retarded if you think it's easy.
>>
>>2921707
You know in reality eyes arent alligned perfectly?
>>
>>2922121
Have you taken a middle/high school art class before? The method is super easy. Break the original photo into rows and columns of equivalent squares. Copy the lines as you see them (or more likely trace) the defining features. Shade everything in and add more detail. Get a DMCA take down and receive threat of legal action by original photographer.
>>
File: tumblr_on9taqzrwm1qkro96o1_500.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_on9taqzrwm1qkro96o1_500.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
>>2921911
What are you talking about?

Normalfags love that unfinished style. Everyone and their mom does that to make their drawings look #artsy
>>
>>2922121
Photorealism is one of the easiest forms of art to become proficient at
>>
>>2922088
Edgy contrarian nihilist hipsters, that's who
>>
File: shitsfuckedup.jpg (699KB, 1128x1455px) Image search: [Google]
shitsfuckedup.jpg
699KB, 1128x1455px
>>2922285
No, it's fucked up bad
>>
>>2922121
I've been drawing for 8 months, I can copy lines I see easily. That's the actual hard part for these guys. After the sketch you just spam rendering, just observe, shade, repeat for a few dozen hours until you get your "super detailed amazing" normie-tier uninspired piece of shit drawing.
>>
>>2922317
Seeing the ref makes me realize how much he cleaned up Cara's brows, when they're her trademark feature.
>>
If I draw a portrait of a celebrity will they fuck me?
>>
The guhitpinas in fabook, has many photorealistic renders. Philippines love that bullshit
>>
File: 1.jpg (290KB, 650x924px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
290KB, 650x924px
>>2921911
art jurors love grandparents
>>
>>2922406
>portrait of a reptilian
>>
>>2922406
This is the first time I experienced legit discomfort from a photorealistic portrait. it's the eyes, they're causing an uncanny valley effect.

Its so sharp I can't even calling him human, and yet I can't see it as a statue or something.
>>
>>2922406
So this is what hyper-realism looks like.
>>
>>2921707
human faces arent symmetrical
>>
>>2922406
It looks like a photo with an overdone hdr effect
>>
>>2922313
Part of the appeal is lifeless paper morphing into something that feels real. It shows the process and somehow that doesn't take away the magic
>>
>>2921707
>Cara Delevingne
Every single time, it's either her or Taylor Swift
>>
>>2921707
she probably has slight strabismus

The "drawing" is probably traced anyway.
>>
>>2921721

Most don't do it via 3D form or construction a la hampton, loomis, or Bridgman. Most do it on a grid and find 2d shapes from there.

Been tryimg to do my studies via construction while thinking in 2d to accurately place the forms, which is why they look a little off.
>>
>>2922305

Depends on how you do it. Try doing it without a grid and finding 2d shapes.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.