[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inspiration progress

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

/ic/ talks about how you can get good in a year or 2 if you draw 16 hours a day. Yet, i've never actually encountered any examples of this. Most good artists I've seen have been drawing their whole lives. Post progress of artists who have gotten good in 1-5 years!
>>
>>2921705
Are you the guy from the other thread who kept denying that anyone could improve in a short anount of time?
Most artists who "draw for their whole lives" are not practicing and improving every day, just drawing random shit. Some 6 year olds have been "drawing for their whole lives"
>>
>>2921710
Blah Blah Blah, post evidence or stfu.
>>
>>2921713
LOL it is you.
Sorry you suck my dude, get gud.
>>
>>2921705
Algenpfleger is one of the typical examples used. CA's archives are fucked royally, but if you go to his DA account I think he uploaded all the old images as several zips and you can see his progress.

His progress is atypically fast though, and in my opinion the "get good in 1-2 years" thing people spout is either using a very loose definition of good or is really stretching and cherrypicking pieces to try to make the improvement look bigger.
>>
>>2921717
What newbies like OP dont really seem to understand is that artists dont progress linearly, roughly speaking.
Some people have it click and jump way ahead in a year, and then plateau for the next. Some artists steadily improve. I used to be super jealous of this girl in highschool who drew anime. Now I'm much better than her because i kept pushing myself and trying new things.
>>
>>2921719
I never said anything about artists progressing linearly. What i'm saying is that these "get good quick" schemes are the same as weight loss when people think they can transform from a fat fuck to a body builder in 16 weeks.

>>2921717
So literally only 1 person ? Because some talented hard working fuck managed to do it , /ic/ somehow thinks that everyone can. >>2921715
Yeah, I do suck. But so do you , your point?
>>
>>2921748
Lol...hard work and solid practice isnt a "scheme" its how you get good fast.

Nobody thinks that you can become a master in a year, but your standards are just low because (i assume) you arent very good at drawing.
>>
>>2921759
Post your work then.
>b-b-but

stfu
>>
>>2921764

Here's the evidence you're looking for

http://fzdschool.com/entertainment-design/before-and-after
>>
>>2921764
Why are you so bitter that other people can succeed with hard work?
Grow up man, do you really think hard work is a meme? Like, really? No wonder you're not gonna make it
>>
>>2921793
Do you have reading comprehension? I'm not against people improving at a more rapid speed with hard work. What i'm against is these unrealistic expectations that /ic/ sets for beginners.

Going from a noob to a pro is gonna take a lot longer than a year or 2
>>
File: 44322345_p0.jpg (281KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
44322345_p0.jpg
281KB, 1366x768px
mid4t is one, pic related is their work from mid-2014.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=11246082 and now after 2-3 years they can pretty much draw anything they want (courtesy of daily studies).

otherwise kaisinel's another great example.
>>
>>2921839
Yeah but even their 2014 work isn't beginner. They've probably been at it their whole lives then got serious around 2014 and went hardcore and improved a ton but still. Those years were there was not much improvement was essential because they were wiring their brains for the improvement later on.
>>
>>2921748
>What i'm saying is that these "get good quick" schemes are the same as weight loss when people think they can transform from a fat fuck to a body builder in 16 weeks
Prove it
>>
>>2921748
>So literally only 1 person ?
One person is literally all you need. You wanted someone to prove to you that it can be done. If someone did it, then it means it can be done. Maybe not by everyone, but it can be done, period.
And this isn't some shity /ic/ meme as you suggest, i've even heard Marc Brunet said the same, that you can become pro in about two years of proper study.
Then only reason why you can say for sure that it isn't "realistic" is because noone here will ever invest the necessary time and effort into it. If you want to make it that fast, you will obviously need to stop just drawing what you want to draw and study, and only study for several hours a day, everyday.
So the answer, as it was proved by the third reply to this thread, is YES, it can be done in about two years.
No one here will make it that fast tho, but not because it can't be done as you believe, simply because no one wants to put the necessary work into it.
/thread
>>
File: Desk_Job_by_algenpfleger.jpg (306KB, 1200x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Desk_Job_by_algenpfleger.jpg
306KB, 1200x1040px
From what I've seen over the years of how people improve at art or whatever is that you improve the most when you make a very mindful effort to learn

You could sit down for 16 hours a day and draw some still lives whilst watching anime and you would certainly improve your general control over the brush but you probably won't improve your fundamentals skills that much

What I mean by mindful effort to learn is
Look at your art and your abilities and write down what is wrong with it, write down what you need to improve for example let's say you need to improve your anatomy

Then go to whatever resources you have for improving anatomy whether it's YouTube or a book
and pay attention to that resource, draw some correct anatomy referencing the resource until you feel you understand it so much that doing anymore is pointless
and then close the resource and your previous drawings and do some more. After than check back and if you made any mistakes it means you didn't understand it so you must go back and learn it again until you DO understand it.
You should also post your drawings to forums like here and get people to critique you, and when they do you must immediately redraw your thing correctly and post it back, do this enough time until they no longer have any critique to give you
>>
File: 1392107134038.jpg (237KB, 1000x751px) Image search: [Google]
1392107134038.jpg
237KB, 1000x751px
>>2921929
Don't just mindlessly draw everyday for hours, you have to find your weak points and work hard to improve those, target them and git gud.
You have to make a very dedicated effort, take time out of your day, get yourself energized to learn and do this. It's very mentally exhausting and you will probably find yourself worn out for the day after a couple hours.

You can extend this time through good studying habits such as studying for 30 minutes and then taking a 5 minute break and then going back at it. Fill in some of your time doing something relaxing to rebuild your confidence.

If you can get your discipline and will to learn properly to a level that you can do all this for even 4 hours a day you will make amazing progress

It's not easy but if it was easy everyone would do it.
An effort like this requires not only immense discipline but you must have a massive passion for art because as you work you will encounter moments where you ask yourself why you're trying to hard and you must push past them to git gud
>>
>>2921717
4 years from http://algenpfleger.deviantart.com/art/Barbra-70111205 to
http://algenpfleger.deviantart.com/art/She-Is-194100737 is literally slower than me. what are you on?
>>
>>2921935
and 1 year from this
>http://algenpfleger.deviantart.com/art/Barbra-70111205
to this
>http://algenpfleger.deviantart.com/art/lalalava-82406069
why u cherrypicking anon?
>>
>>2921939
http://algenpfleger.deviantart.com/art/Collab-with-Janaschi-111207544

Don't compare a background study to a portrait study you fucking retard. It took him 2 years for algenfleger to get good at portraits. ON TOP of all the time he's already been drawing.

So yes, these get good in 1 year or 2 year memes that /ic/ spouts are bullshit.
>>
>>2921939
>why u cherrypicking anon?
if there is cherry picking its light as well as non intentional. Literally picked 2 at random.
>>
>>2921929
>>2921931
This.
>>
>>2921705
How come the number is 5 years now? 3 years sounds like fast track while a year is very talented status.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.