[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long would it take to get this good?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1422962742-004.jpg (627KB, 800x1236px) Image search: [Google]
1422962742-004.jpg
627KB, 800x1236px
1 year? 2 years? 5 years? If i'm drawing like 3 hours a day.
>>
>>2921541
A couple of months in NEET lifestyle.
>>
>>2921543
Really? Show me 1 example of someone who got this good in a year much less a few months. You fucks on /ic/ greatly underestimate the amount of time it takes to improve.
>>
File: IMG_1639.jpg (831KB, 1979x2837px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1639.jpg
831KB, 1979x2837px
>tfw walked 20 miles and now I'm about 1 mile from my house and it's tarting to rain
Hold me guys ;(
>>
>>2921541
the blond girl looks like she was traced from bleach's yoruichi
>>
>>2921541
>5 years
Lmfao
Lets shoot for 3-months if youre an absolute beginner and you practice hard.
>>
>>2921549
>how dare you answer my question fuck you
Why so defensive? Dont be mad cause bad
>>
>>2921570
Post work. I imagine you've been drawing longer than 3 months right?
>>
>>2921541
2-4 years at 1-2 hours a day
>>
>>2921541
>>2921549
Not that anon but this isn't /that/ good. Proportions are alright but the figures are stiff as hell and the comic layout/storytelling/flow could be much better.

So I don't know about the "few months" estimate if you're starting out as a total beginner but I feel like it's doable in a year as a NEET, provided you actually study, apply what you've learned, and not blindly copy things.

Oh, and read lots of (good) comics if you want to git gud at doing comics.

...was just about to post when I realized the page's supposed to be read right to left, it reads kind of better left to right. Aughh.
>>
>>2921549
>>2921570
I hope you guys are trolling. I bet the OP pic is better than anything either of you can do. It takes at least a year of hard practice to get to that level.
>>2921573
Probably cause you're answers blatantly wrong senpai.
>>2921620
This is probably the closest desu
>>2921646
It's not that good but it still takes a while before you even get to that level. A year is doable if you go full NEET and study perfectly but "a few months" is complete bullshit.
>>
>>2921541
>how long will it take me to get good?
how long do you expect to live?
>>
>>2921541
>>2921646
Also to actually answer your question, it really depends on how efficiently you're studying and not how much time you spend drawing. You can spend 10000 hours copying/tracing and you're not gonna get good, or you read books, get crits, learn to observe/analyze your mistakes, and you'll see good improvement at 3 hours a day.

That's why I'm not a fan of "how long will it take me to be X good" questions because there's really no way to tell for sure, not even with an hour count.

So I guess I didn't really answer your question, but that's my two cents.
>>
>>2921651
>but "a few months" is complete bullshit.

..for you
you cant determine noone would make it in a few months. As stated b4, it aint that good at all
>>
>>2921742
Post anyone who has progressed that fast. Post any sort of proof.

PROTIP: YOU CAN'T
>>
>>2921761
lol
i dont know what level are you at
and i dont follow anyones progress from beginner to shiet-tier chinese cartoons, but i am sure some1 has made it. you overestimate the level of this work and also underestimate how some1 focused and dedicated can progress.
>>
>>2921541
like a few months I think.

A lot of the poses can be copied from reference magazines. Those panels are so simple.

You just need to have a fairly active imagination to support it. This guy obviously has a story to tell and some character design ideas at least to make for passable comics.

The imagination and design part might honestly take more time the actual art part.
>>
>>2921549
This guy went from absolute zero to 1k likes on Artstation in 5 months.
That's my one example.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM39qhXle4g
Do you really think going from zero to mediocre anime in a year is not viable?
>>
>>2921991
>learnt to draw from reference very shittily, as i recall with some moderate tracing.

I want another, actual, example.

Some of you are saying months, when its easily 2 years for most people.
>>
>>2921541
a day
its fucking trash
>>
>>2921997
Post your work trash man, yeah that's what I thought
>>
>>2921541
2 years if you are a beginner.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.