[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to deal with tilt?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: 1462679766500.jpg (84KB, 721x777px) Image search: [Google]
1462679766500.jpg
84KB, 721x777px
>Drawing going fine for my low self-expectation
>Draw a line
>It could be better
>Erase it
>New line is worse
>Ok I still got this!!
>Erase it
>Keeps getting shittier
>Erase it
>Now you realise its your last try
>You go full retarded and just fuck your shit up because the drawing wasn't 100% perfect in the first place
>Get desmotivated

Ok the liberals diagnosed me as bipolar, chronically depressed and with anger issues, but I can't be the only cunt that suffer from this bullshit
>>
It wouls be easier to say that you're an autist.
>>
File: 1479751419067.jpg (39KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
1479751419067.jpg
39KB, 472x472px
>>2921469
Shut the fuck up you leftist progressive liberal jewish cunt, trying to diagnose me just because I'm different
>>
File: 1483507171031.jpg (117KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1483507171031.jpg
117KB, 640x640px
>>2921462
>>2921469

I managed to largely overcome this by considering how perfect my lines/circles/etc. needed to be in order to "be" perfect.

If you take a beautiful celeb's face and measure out symmetries, you'll find that they aren't actually perfect. They're more symmetrical than "average" faces to be sure, but if you look for imperfections you'll be able to find them. One eye is further from the nose, one eye is lower... in any case this shows a lower limit for perfection. "This amount of error is allowed and still be classified as perfect".

The upper limit for me was demonstrated by machinery. You may have heard of those "perfectly manufactured marbles" or whatever, and they say something like "if this was the size of the earth, the bumps would only be so-and-so high". Flipped it means that even machines can't make something "truly" perfect. But as far as anyone is concerned, it might as well be.

Scale it down to animus for example and it becomes obvious that a lot of things can be seen as perfect without being perfect. What you're trying to satisfy is taste, "perfection" is just one taste, an impossible one. In a sense I'm telling you to get shittier taste. But that's the idea. If you don't tone it down first you won't put lines on the page, and you need to put lines on the page to get better at drawing, which is putting lines on a page.

No use in having a taste that can't be satisfied.
>>
File: 1482664239093.jpg (95KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1482664239093.jpg
95KB, 1024x768px
>>2921757
oh yeah, not my work obviously.

i wanted to post the one with this guy trying to copy photos horribly and selling them for like 5 or 10 bucks on facebook but i can't find it.
>>
>>2921473
This perfectly embodies the retarded right.
Your lines dont need to be perfect. I would suggest that you start drawing points that you like and connecting the dots with a line. This will train your hand to make the line you want. Eventually you can start imagining the dots and connecting them on paper to make any drawing that you like.
>>
Basically go to drawabox.com and the first lesson.
>>
>>2921462
don't erase, move on and finish the drawing

if a lines bother you start all over again

repeat until SATISFACTORY results
>>
>>2921462
Don't you start out with rough lines first?
>>
>>2921758
>28 years of progress
>>
>>2921757
>>2921758
who are the artists for these two?
>>
>>2921462

1. Draw in ink/pen
2. If you mess line, draw second one. Third is your cap.
3. Enjoy the new look of your drawings
4. Appreciate pain
5. Be good

>inb4 "I'm drawing digitally"

No, you aren't, digitalfags are peasants who toll as slaves with their digital shovels. They don't draw or paint.
>>
>>2921462
Don't be prideful. it may be hard to believe but you're constantly disappointed because you think you should be doing better.
Let it go and get into it thinking it will suck but you're in it just to figure out something rather than to make something pretty.
>>
>>2921462
Erasers are for sharpening edges and highlights. Also fading out construction lines. Never erase an entire line.

Ghost your lines before draw them, scrub.
>>
File: 1450469025550.png (114KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1450469025550.png
114KB, 300x300px
Thanks for the help everyone

I'm trying to improve, but lately the choke is real, mid-drawing I start to question how I am holding my pencil or if I should use arm or wrist more, and I ended up trying those different ways, for some reason I lean very close to the paper looking closely at my drawing sometimes, and then I think its fucking retard a and lean back, my hand clenches so strong sometimes and I ask myself ''what is wrong with me?''

I started drawing as a way to relax from all daily stress from college and life but then I get perfectionist/competitive and start to question everything, should do the way I am more naturally comfortable or train myself good habits that go against my comfort zone?

Sometimes I just wish to stop drawing and do something I am good at, like play piano, guitar, writing

Fuck, sorry for the blogpost, just venting because this is getting me mad, and I started drawing to relax

Just fuck my shit up
>>
File: 1489823407403.jpg (62KB, 572x572px) Image search: [Google]
1489823407403.jpg
62KB, 572x572px
I can bet you are also a sexually submissive with femdom preferences.

Anon, art is rape. You force yourself upon the drawing. You don't give a shit about it's opinion. You don't care about what it wants to do.

The drawing process is a relationship. If you're not on command, you'll be bitch. If she is all like
>"N-no Anon p-please stop, my proportions are wrong!" "T-This pose is awkward."
You don't backtrack and apologize. Don't ctrl+z. You're the boss here. She can only do what you tell her to do. If you don't like her just dump her body in a ditch and get a new one.
>Pic is her face when she realizes she is disposable

The more you learn to demand and give orders, the better she'll act. Being clear and concise and not wishy washy. To have a productive sexual slave you need to get good at giving orders. Maybe you're not good at knowing what you want or giving orders, but you won't improve by apologizing and backtracking. Be harsher and more precise.

We become ART DIRECTORS, not art slaves. We are not here to marvel and submit to their beauty. Drawings will have to kneel down, suck your cock and then thank you for it. We give them birth, so they better comply or else.
>>
File: 1490668121185.jpg (27KB, 524x524px) Image search: [Google]
1490668121185.jpg
27KB, 524x524px
Thanks anon, you really inspired me

I'm definitely not a beta, but I was definitely acting like a pussy

Thanks for the heads up, gonna produce more than never

>mfw Your advice is just right, not only for drawing
>>
>>2923028
nice post
>>
>>2921462
You should get to the point when your drawings are not precious, and you can say draw the same eye just as well as many times as you want.
>>
>>2923028
Bravo!!
>>
>>2923028
This is the most pathetic thing I've read on /ic/, congrats.
>>
>>2923028
Thank you. This is definitely me and I will learn to make my art my bitch instead of the other way around.
>>
>>2922751
>I have all of these problems
>not to the extreme, but I definitely have to catch myself doing it and settle back in to a normal thing
>tfw made it
You're fine anon
>>
>>2922112
First is Clivenzu (there's a tiny signature) second is Stanely 'Artgerm' Lau
>>
>>2922109
Crazy, isn't it? Look up artgerm
>>
>>2928647
>that sailor moon
Fuck, I should just quit now, huh?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.