[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Critique for future episodes?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: bgsmall.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bgsmall.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Not sure if I can post animated works for critique, but flame me all you want. I already know the animation isn't great, and since it's a demo, there wasn't really a plot this time around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUQr9lyU9J4
>>
>>2921283
too much waifufaggotry
>shitty nerdy men
>le badass girl
but the animation is great, sure millenials will like it and jerk off to that goth girl
>>
I'm not sure the formal way to say this, but the movement felt too noodly? Especially in the fight scene

I'm not really feeling the designs, none of them are that appealing asides from the big horned guy.
>>
>>2921283
I think if you want to make pilots and cartoons you need to focus on writing more than anything. I didn't read the youtube description so I was very confused who these people were because they weren't introduced well. It felt like I was watching something that was an animation representing a scene in an ongoing comic and I was just kind of lost.
There also wasn't really a whole lot to keep me interested in the first minute, which is really your most crucial time to grab someone's attention before they click away.
Where did the fight even come from? The first half of the animation is just them shooting the shit and it drags on and on and then they leave. Why?
The animation is tolerable, but the level of effort and work but into things is inconsistent; sometimes characters have noodle limbs while others have really structured anatomy in the same shot (01:25). (Also, the more I stare at this frame the more problems with spacial awareness I see.)
The character designs are boring. You are personifying the fucking horseman of the apocalypse and this is what you come up with? Masked wrestler, starving child, emo chick, and slacker guy, really?
I don't know of much reference, but go look at the portrayals of famine, pestilence and death in the TV show supernatural, famine and death are especially memorable.

Go pick up a book on character design, it'll tell you how to make characters express who they are without needing too much of an introduction.
>>
>>2921283
I'd suggest hitting the books some more and studying/practicing animation and character design for a while longer before continuing on this project of yours. I don't know if you're at the level you want to be at to make this series something you can look back at with anything other than contempt.

The animation screams underageb& to me, it's on the upper end of like fanime or Game Grumps animated-tier shit. It looks like you watched some other shitty tumblr flash animator and studied him to form base your understanding of movement instead of studying the masters of the field and then branching off from there. As the anon above me pointed out, your character designs and writing leave a lot to be desired. This is a bit of personal opinion but I'm also not a big fan of the "style"/aesthetic of the whole thing. It feels very tumblrshit which is something that I personally don't appreciate and would suggest maybe changing, but if you like it then ultimately it's whatever.
>>
Woot!!! All my 5 R belong to this!
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.