[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never gonna make it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

So I been drawing casually my whole life. Nothing serious maybe a couple drawings a year. During the last 18 months I got serious about art and start drawing about 4 hours a day. I was seeing a lot of progress at first and I thought that after 2 years of hard work i'll be a pro. Today, I came to the realization that I haven't even scratched the surface. Not to mention that, there's literally been no improvement in my skill in the past 6 months. I'm not gonna give up but at the same time I feel hopeless about getting good. I've always been a slow learner, if only I was more talented.
>>
File: IMG_1334.jpg (66KB, 702x624px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1334.jpg
66KB, 702x624px
Post your progress.
>>
>>2920296
>Sorry, I GIVE UP
>I'm not gonna give up
At least post progress.
>>
>>2920296
pooooooooooost

your

PROGRESS
>>
>>2920296
Hey, you can't be worse than the guy from reddit who learned from cartoons for 3 WHOLE YEARS instead of real life studies.
>>
>>2920311
post pics m8
>>
>>2920315
Sorry, don't have them. It was a fairly recent event, and he lashed out at all those who provide constructive criticism.
That shit was fucking funny, especially when he realized that he wasted 3 WHOLE yours of his life studying the wrong thing.
>>
Art is about more than technical skill.
>>
I posted on here a couple of times and surprisingly some people recognize my work. I would post work but I don't want to be known as a whiner.
>>
>>2920311
Link or post his eork?
Curious to see where 3 years of drawing cartoons gets you.
>>
>>2920311
>drawing from life meme
Do you even listen to Feng Zhu podcasts? Have you even seen how Proko draws from imagination?

Drawing from life does buttfuck nothing for your drawing from imagination skills.

>>2920333
Nice bait.
>>
>>2920296
>there's literally been no improvement in my skill in the past 6 months
Are you actively looking for critique (asking only on /ic/ isn't enough), applying it and making sure that you won't make the same mistakes again?
>>
>>2920296
4x365x2=2920

TEN THOUSAND HOURS or GTFO
>>
>>2920296

>no improvement in 6 months
>doing art casually for 3 years, seriously for 1.5 year

You are doing something really wrong if at this point you can't point out where you improved. You aren't a total n00b anymore, you must have workflow by now and focus studies on some of your weaknesses.

Maybe if you have bad week, just copy stuff/art you like? It will always boost your confidence to a degree and if anything, maybe your lines and shapes will get a bit better.
>>
>>2920319
Jesus this is why i procrastinate so much.
I dont want to fuck up and waste my time learning something the wrong way. I wish I had professional instruction but fuck going to art school.
>>
>>2920569

Ateliers exist you know. Thousands of people also learn perspective and how to draw for architecture studies each year at places that are objectively pretty good. You really have no excuse even if you are from third world.
>>
>>2920296
Taking this too seriosly is a pain in the ass, im happy just with drawing acceptable females.

Whish i have more talent for drawing, but meh.
>>
>>2920296
I usually hear that ~5 years is what you should expect to practice to become pro. For an average person.
>>
>>2920602
I am from a third world and I have no ateliers living in one of the most important cities of the country. What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>2920569
>Jesus this is why i procrastinate so much.
No, you're simply a lazy fuck and you're making excuses.
>>
>>2920662

I am pretty sure that if you are from Brazil and live in some Curtiba or something, you have at least 1 atelier/art school that you pay affordable monthly monies.

Basically it functions like that - if your country educates architects, you have such kind of place. Maybe not in really small cities, but in a nearest city of 200k people you should have such thing, especially if it is uni city.

Hell, I live in second world, but even in my city of 60k people there is a drawing course (not atelier).
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.