[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw fell for the 3ds hacking meme >gain access to thousands

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 14

File: image.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
>tfw fell for the 3ds hacking meme
>gain access to thousands of hours worth of vidya

I was just on a roll last week, drawing 3-4 hours a day. Now im clocking those hours into games. Is it nigh impossible to improve while also spending time on gaming?
>>
if you choose to play video games (at this amount) over drawing then do you genuinely want to do art
>>
>>2920039
>Is it nigh impossible to improve while also being a stunted manchild that is shunned by every single layer of society?
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 836x470px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 836x470px
>>2920041
Yes I do, every now and then I get that pic related feeling. Im not that into games, stopped playing for half a year now. but when a particular game gets my attention, in this case smt apocalypse, its guaranteed that I will pour hours into it until every content's explored. G-guess ill be away from drawing for a week or two.
>>
File: 1397616245651.jpg (2MB, 2265x2207px) Image search: [Google]
1397616245651.jpg
2MB, 2265x2207px
Your 3DS will be there tomorow, and the day after, and the next. You have forever to play those games, if you wanna improve, you must discipline yourself to become determined to improve.

Lesson: Don't do things that won't help you improve what you're really trying to do. If it has no personal benefit other than recreational, what's the point.

Then again, the last game that really excited me was MGSV. Otherwise, i don't play as much as i used too. I really learned my lesson playing Animal Crossing, what a huge waste of time.

I play at cons (Street Pass) and when my bro wants to 1v1 on Smash. Other than vidya being time wasters, they certainly serve for great inspiration. I never near my studio spaces unless i've earned it.

Discipline, learn it.
>>
What are you using OP Gateway? I just decided to start trying to hack mine.
>>
File: image.jpg (185KB, 583x701px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185KB, 583x701px
>>2920133
Wise words anon; Easier said than though especially when im experiencing a feeling akin to a relapse.

>>2920134
luma + al9h or whatever is the end product of 3ds.guide. version 11.3 is unhackable as of the moment.
>>
>>2920039
Get Art Academy on your 3DS

Solved my problems
>>
>>2920178
Does it tackle any fundies?
>>
>>2920182

The DSi ones do, and apparently the 3DS release was just an improved version of the DSi Versions in one package so yes.
>>
File: 1389040256703.jpg (5KB, 251x232px) Image search: [Google]
1389040256703.jpg
5KB, 251x232px
>>2920168

>Relapse

C'mon man, draw more. I hardly watch TV anymore except for after a very long day at school or work. Dedicate certain hours of the day to strictly artwork.

Don't think of drawing as a burden, and think of the consequences if you decide to waste your time for something trivial. Save your gaming shit for the nighttime, don't game everyday and only give yourself a few hours. I only give myself 2 and a half hours of TV a day, that's enough for 5 episodes of whatever i wanna watch or a long ass movie. Plan out your day/errands in advance. My advice isn't perfect, but it works snuggly for me.

Be sure not to confuse art-study/art-work hours.

Frankly, growing up and living in the hood I've learned that while you're snoozin' on your craft, someone else out there is working hard, getting guud just to take your place. "Relapse" is a word drug fiends on my block use.

Snap out of it. Hit the books.
>>
File: trXSfen.jpg (22KB, 494x482px) Image search: [Google]
trXSfen.jpg
22KB, 494x482px
>gain access to thousands of hours worth of vidya
how? I kinda wanna try out art academy too.
>>
>>2920039
I have a hacked 3ds too but I find it almost impossible to finish a game now, instead I get distracted and most of my time is spent watching lectures on youtube or drawing
>>
File: image.jpg (857KB, 2304x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
857KB, 2304x1536px
>>2920194
I cant assure you that I will totally cut off the gaming; but know that, to some extent, you managed to helped an anon living opposite of your part of the world. It's time for me to chase the winds again, anon.
>>
>>2920212

I never said cut gaming, just do it less.

Well ok. Somewhere, there is a man laughing at you for being a grown man with who throws away all his hours playing Nintendo 3DS games. You don't know him, but he's laughing at you,and it's the funniest shit he's ever seen.

Let's change that narrative.
>>
>>2920221
Christ, Not much can be done when the only recent game that caught my attention is a handheld exclusive. Also, cutt off may be too extreme. An hour or two should suffice. Honestly, I dont see myself checkig the whole 3ds library after im done with this game.

You did mention about planning ahead. Care to share your schedule/routine?
>>
>>2920199

Eh, just go on the /vg/ 3DS homebrew threads if there are some, they should have a readme or something on how to do it.

It's a really fucking tedious process but saves you a lot of money, specially if you're a weeaboo Atlus fan and want all those hot SMT and Persona DLCs that they released
>>
File: 1483304427596.jpg (5KB, 156x167px) Image search: [Google]
1483304427596.jpg
5KB, 156x167px
>>2920233

Sure. Let's start with a day.

8AM, Wake up, eat a fast snack, go to school, come back home, eat and rest for an hour.

That's within a 6 hour period, including rest.

Wake up with energy, drink some water, dress comfty, put on some chill music and check out whatever I was last working on. I usually work on art on the evenings but you can jumble your days around. I usually take a break whenever I want. Stepping out for air and seeing the sun helps the motivational vibe, maybe I'll hang out for 10/15 mins, walk my dog, smoke some weed and head back and continue.

I'll put stuff away around 7:30ish, but sometimes I'll work until 10. After that, I'll chill, lurk or read, watch shit on TV or YouTube, eat dinner and get ready for bed. Don't think I'm Amish, I have a GF I have to keep up with via Text. That 3DS is a constant distraction, whereas a cell phone, you can always put it down and continue whatever you were doing.

You'll have to adjust each day to your own schedule. My Mondays are very different from my Tuesdays. Thursday are my study days, but I also sneak in some Emulator vidya if I have free time. Like I said, you don't have to cut off, just make it significantly less. I also work a part time plus I have school. So if you have lots of free time, better find new ways to make yourself busy.
>>
File: 1483053519831.jpg (55KB, 900x810px) Image search: [Google]
1483053519831.jpg
55KB, 900x810px
Let's just say you play EVERY GAME on that 3DS.

The weeb inside will say it's worth it, but the man operating the machine will be the pun of the joke.

I even have 1 day where I do neither work, draw or study, I run errands, and enjoy the rest of the day watching TV. Half an entire day within a week to fulfill your weeb desires. That should be enough. As for 4chan, you're here forever. I lurk frequently, unfortunately. But hey, I'm productive.

Let's be realistic, you won't play every game, and if you do and fail to discipline yourself from playing video games and indulging in trivial/recreational distractions that have absolutely no benefit to your current state.....
Not gonna make it.
>>
File: 1366631273532.jpg (22KB, 265x206px) Image search: [Google]
1366631273532.jpg
22KB, 265x206px
That's pretty easy actually. You do the drawing shit BEFORE you play videogames. Let's say you want to practice two hours today. Set a timer, do that shit, then play guilt-free. Gaming is your reward. That's what I'm doing.

I'll be honest, I've been pretty addicted to vidya a few years ago, but I realized how empty it is after getting burnt out of it. Haven't played anything in a year and a half, maybe two years. The Zelda hype got to me though (I'm a huge fan) and I got myself a switch recently. I knew I'm gonna waste countless hours of it before it arrived, so I set myself rules, to practice before I play. If I don't practice I don't get to play. Now I practice in the afternoon, and waste some of my night/sleeping hours on Zelda.
>>
GROW UP
R
O
W

U
P
>>
>>2920039
>Is it nigh impossible to improve while also spending time on gaming?
It is and it isn't. Videogames can be visually stimulating and seve as a reference for what you want to see in your own work. On the flipside, videogames, like most forms of media, are created with the intention of wasting loose time.
Time is a powerful currency, allocate it wisely - otherwise you're just being robbed.
>>
>>2920039
Time management is king. If you're a student/unemployed/neet/dumbass/freelancer you most likely need a schedule to get things done, since it's too easy to bog yourself down by playing "just 5 more minutes".

as other anon suggested, make gaming your reward. Feel bad if you haven't done any work, make up a schedule an power through it.
>>
>2 hours a day
>4 hours a day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Al7QAS89s
>>
File: 1490017952883.jpg (36KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1490017952883.jpg
36KB, 482x427px
>>2920039
Is it hard to do this if I'm dumb as fuck? I've looked through some of the 3DS hacking guides and it looks so complicated. I don't want to spend money on 3DS and then have it all go to waste because I accidentally bricked it.
>>
>>2920494
As long as you follow the guide to the t, you'll be fine. It's no harder than dropping the right files into the right folders. They already made the hacking process as fool proof as possible; safety checks and all. Just refer to the hacking thread in vg.
>>
>>2920547
What kind of 3DS did you get? I've heard there's been issues with some firmware.
>>
>>2920039
You don't want to draw, simple as that.
>>
File: 1488303743323.jpg (356KB, 918x1294px) Image search: [Google]
1488303743323.jpg
356KB, 918x1294px
>>2920551
Launch model. Firmwares 11.2 and below are good to go.

>>2920039
Just get on with it OP
>>
>>2920580
What happens if I buy an 11.3 model? Should I just return it, or wait around until they discover a fix for it?
>>
>>2920603
Return it. 11.3's a harder beast to tame compared to previous updates. A fix will definitely come, but it will more likely involve fiddling with the hardware itself, unlike in 11.2 and below which only need the use of an sd card.
>>
There's a drawing app called colors 3ds. get it.
>>
>>2920039
Yeah, it's pretty hard. I uninstalled most of my games, so my primary distraction is the internet. I'd like to put my computer in another part of the house but I need it for shit.
>>
>>2920178
>starts you with a grid

its shit
>>
>>2920039

If you're spending all of your time on it, no shit. "If I spend all the time I would spend drawing playing games, will it be impossible to improve?" Of course, you're not fucking practicing.

Is it possible to manage your time so that you have time for both? Yes.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.