[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Makin' my own manga

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

File: 3_29_2017 7_36_04 PM.jpg (2MB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
3_29_2017 7_36_04 PM.jpg
2MB, 1920x1920px
So, other than one more character these are my main ppls. These are my very first sketches of them so they are rough and I plan to scan and move them to digital, but a bit of feedback first would be appreciated. I do but don't want to go into detail of the story line, but it's medieval fantasy.
>>
>>2919931
This is some pretty good stuff m8, how old are you?
>>
It looks just like berserk, definitely lemme know if you have something I can follow
>>
Thank you! I'm 22. I took a cartooning class in highschool
>>
>>2919931
their noses are way too nostrily and distracting for me to take it remotely seriously
>>
>>2919933
>>2919936
Oh no..
Oh noooo..
Anon, the answer we were looking for was "15"
>>
>>2919939
Why 15?
>>
>>2919941
You know why, good bait though.
>>
>>2919943
For real, I don't and what do u mean by bait?
>>
>>2919931
>manga
>medieval fantasy
Why are there two black characters then?

Also, top middle one is the only one that looks halfway decent, the rest are pretty ugly desu. You need a lot more practice.
>>
Realistically, how long would it take to get this good?
>>
>>2919931
How are you so good?
>>
>>2919947
How many ligamemes you got?
>>
>>2919931
So good, blog?
>>
>>2919946
There are black characters because its not based in medieval Europe. I'm making my own world with various different humanoid species.
I do agree that i do need to work shop them like i mentioned in the op.
Also for any one wondering about the goggle guys nose, i tried to make it look kind of like a pigs snout.
>>
>>2919955
This is actually really cool, when will the chapter be out?
>>
>>2919947
A few months. You should be able to maintain the terrible face proportions if you really try to stay bad and you don't use reference.
>>
>>2919947
Depends on dedication. I learned that drawing is not like riding a bike, if you don't do it regularly, quality declines. That's how it feels to me anyways.
>>
>>2919960
Wait its good art though..what are you talking about reference for
>>
>>2919958
A few years maybe. It's only a hobby for me unfortunately and I don't want to put any chapters out until I've gotten 10 or more chapters completed.
>>
>>2919963
Because studying reference is how you learn to draw properly. If you don't, and you don't learn proper proportions, and you try to skew faces for a style, you end up with art like OP.
>>
>>2919931
Pretty unique style, what are your art inspirations OP?
>>
File: 1488173801922.jpg (5KB, 229x238px) Image search: [Google]
1488173801922.jpg
5KB, 229x238px
This thread
>>
>>2919969
Not sure, but my bf said they look more like Disney characters than anime, but I'm trying to just get more detail to make the characters unique from each other. But I guess I'm more or less using ppl I know for reference. The black guy is my cousin and the fox girl is a friend of mine (will be getting lots of editing in the digital phase) the goggle dude is my bro and I used my nose and face shape for the main character because I don't have internet at work and needed to see a nose tiled upwards.
>>
>>2919969
Looks like Mass Effect: Andromeda. Everyone looks like they got hit by a train except for the Finley character, and they got the diversity points too.
>>
>>2919975
What sets Finley apart from the others then?
>>
>>2919978
Facial symmetry
>>
>>2919980
Well he is the only one looking straight ahead, other than Joshuay (blk guy) but Ill be fixing symmetry and proportions in the digital phase.
Other than the symmetry tho, why? I mean I meant to make him good looking, but I guess i just don't see how Ariauna is ugly in comparison. And I thought Alvashanti (blk girl) was cute at the very least.
>>
The ones on the bottom look like train wrecks. The top looks like babby's third high-school doodle session. You pretty much need to write like a god for this to ever sell.
>>
>>2919985
You don't just "fix" that sort of stuff in digtal. How do you expect to draw an entire comic if you can't draw a face that looks right in 3/4 view. He's the only one that looks right because he's facing foward, and that is the easyiest view to draw. And you mesed that up with the black dude, his cheeks are wonky.
Are you doing construction on the faces to line up the features?
>>
>>2919991
Not a god, you just half to write like ONE.
>>
>>2919931
Looks like it's time to learn how to draw.
>>
>>2919994
I'm out of practice. it'll get better and honestly, I have read a fuck load of manga and a lot of the art is way more derp looking than mine, so keeping that in mind I am not ashamed of my work thus far. Also, I see a lot of people here talking shit but saying nothing about how they think it could be approved upon, which is what I came here for in the first place, which tells me, you're probably no better if not worse than me.
>>
>>2920003
What kind of manga are you reading if the shit in the OP loond better?
>>
>>2920003
How can we tell you whats individually wrong when everything is wrong in the first place
>>
>>2919994
Also I have software specifically for making manga, so I can scan the work I have, trace it, then move and manipulate every line I drew in many different ways until it looks right, so I can simply "fix" it.
>>
>>2920003
Because the answer is obvious, read the sticky. Stop symbol drawing, and learn fundamentals. The same place everyone is instructed to start.
If you want something specific, learn proper construction and proportion. That's like step one.
>>
File: 001999.png (4MB, 3382x1789px) Image search: [Google]
001999.png
4MB, 3382x1789px
>>2919931
>medieval fantasy manga
is this a joke?
>>
File: qt redhead.jpg (137KB, 494x700px) Image search: [Google]
qt redhead.jpg
137KB, 494x700px
>>2920003
>I see a lot of people here talking shit but saying nothing about how they think it could be approved upon, which is what I came here for in the first place, which tells me, you're probably no better if not worse than me.
That's fair. Here's a shortlist for you
>facial proportions
>head and neck anatomy
>not drawing forms
>poor linework, lacking both line confidence and variance
>poor drapery
>hair
I could go into detail but I'd be here all night. Just about everything is off in some way(middle bottom's mouth is horrifying, jfc), so if you want specifics I'll elaborate.

I suck but I can at least see how bad I am. Pic related, my trash.
>I have read a fuck load of manga and a lot of the art is way more derp looking than mine,
I've read a fuckton of manga and I've not seen anything published that can be put on the same level as you.

Doujinshi don't count.
>>2920011
This, although I would say start with perspective.
>>
File: berserk.jpg (592KB, 1519x1100px) Image search: [Google]
berserk.jpg
592KB, 1519x1100px
>>2920013
Clearly Berserk is just as derp looking as OPs art.
>>
>>2920010
If you can't make it look right the first time, what makes you think that you will be able to get it right the next time? Especially when you cannot see what is wrong with it.
>>
>>2920008
See this bull shit right here!
When I help a fellow artist who is worse off than I am, I can say things like the distance between the eyes is a little small, the nose looks high, or the arms are too short. But all you are doing is saying it sucks and giving no evidence to support your claims, making it a very poorly made up opinion. And just 'cause of your lack of good judgement (being able to tell what needs improvements and how factually and from personal perspective) I'm going to really get working on this project, do what I need to without the input you failed to give me anyways, and make it into the real deal.
Guess I should thank you cocks for motivating me to be able to shove your shit comments down your throats when my story gets made into an anime a little sooner than formerly expected, but I'm not gunna >=)
I WILL ASSUME MY ULTIMATE FORM!!!!!
MMMMUUUUAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
>>
>>2920023
But he's not wrong. There is almost nothing that is right. You've got things like faces that look turned but are flat at the same time, poor ellipses, crappy proportions...hell the spacing of the E Y E S is wrong and you mention it in your post. The most basic skills are lacking. See my previous post here >>2920014

>my story gets made into an anime
Unless you're Japanese, tough shit. American studios rarely pick up independent comics and Japanese studios don't even pick up manga exclusively(the fucking DELUGE of light novel trash is upon us), and certainly aren't going to pick up an unknown artist from outside the country who can't draw.
>>
>>2920023
His point is the whole thing is wrong because you completely lack fundamentals. Start from the basics and learn how to draw a head
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EPNYWeEf1U
>>
>>2920023
There was a ton of critiques posted before that which you came up with excuses for. Also, there's no way this will ever be published in any sort of magazine. Let alone being published by a japanese magazine, doing weekly publications with that kind of god awful art and netting an anime adaptation. What are you doing
lets be real, you and everyone else here knows this will never be a thing so you might as well reread the points posted and start getting to work improving for the sake of creating a decent comic years down the line. Not wallowing in your delusions thinking an art program will fix up your shitty character design abominations
>>
>>2920023
I am /beg/ as hell and here is what I see wrong with what I am assuming is the catgirl;

First and foremost, you didn't draw cat ears. Let alone place them in a consistent spot on the head and consider the tilt of the skull at all. The eyes suffer from being off kilter too because you don't quite understand how the head works yet (I struggle with this too at times.) You severely fucked that nose up to where I am barely positive that it a nose. The mouth isn't much better and is also off center. Hair is flat and unappealing.

Construction would help you fix a lot of your issues. As would practice. But you seem hellbent on assuming that a computer will make up gor your lack of knowledge when you need some basic understanding otherwise you just keep getting wonky shit.

Also fantasy catgirls are a terrible cliche.
>>
>>2919931
Why the negros? I hope you're not some kike with a Cultural Marxist agenda
>>
>>2919945
ok i'll bite, 22 and you draw like that? hope your not making this a carer because you're pretty close to not making it.
your passing a fase every young artist passes at an early stage of "lets draw our favorite animus, we dont know how to make faces or bodies, we just draw"
so yeah, 22 and you are that stage its bad
>>
follow your dreams
you doing good
>>
>>2920015
hnnnnngg Berserk gives me such an art boner
>>
File: 1477787019887.jpg (262KB, 1284x980px) Image search: [Google]
1477787019887.jpg
262KB, 1284x980px
>>2920023
>when my story gets made into an anime
>>
>>2919948
not me
>>
File: 1482967325633.jpg (99KB, 800x733px) Image search: [Google]
1482967325633.jpg
99KB, 800x733px
>>2919931
learn into nose holes
those pig ones you made are disgusting
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 936x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 936x1920px
>>2920003
Your pretty ungrateful for what everyone is telling you
Go study loomis and learn head construction. We're not here to jerk your over sensitive dick and tell you your good. Your shit at drawing and you don't know the first thing about construction

Most manga artists already know the fundamentals, they just stylize and simplify it, which is why it still looks good.

Here's a piece of mine from a couple months ago. I know I still have a long way to go and I'm not afraid to admit that. My construction has improved since then though, and I've been drawing every single day for at least 6 hours (since it's my job) with only time to study about once a week
>>
YOU DID IT AGAIN?

*closes the door and locks it*

WHAT DID I TELL YOU, NEWFAG? WHAT THE *FUCK* DID I TELL YOU LAST TIME?

*undos belt*
*grabs you from behind*

STOP MAKING YOUR OWN FUCKING THREADS!

*throws you on the couch*
*starts beating you with the belt*
*smack*
*smack*
*smack*

STOP *smack* MAKING *smack* YOUR *smack* OWN *smack* THREADS!!

READ THE FUCKING STICKY! *smack*

POST IN THREADS THAT ALREADY EXIST!!! *smack*

*you're bleeding and crying now*
*smack*
*smack*

GET *smack* IT THROUGH *smack* YOUR SKULL!! *smack*

YOU'RE WHY MOMMY LEFT, YOU FUCKING IDIOT!! *smack*

STOP MAKING ME DO THIS!! *smack*

*smack*
*smack*
*smack*
*smack*

FUCK!!

*throws you to the ground*
*you lay in a heap sobbing*
*reties belt*

I HAD BETTER NOT SEE ANOTHER *FUCKING* THREAD FROM YOU AGAIN. YOU POST IN THAT GODDAMNED /BEG/ THREAD WITH YOUR RETARD FRIENDS AND YOU DON'T COME OUT AGAIN!! YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!!!

*unlocks door*
*leaves you to find the loomis books*
>>
>>2919931
dont think you should start making a manga just yet.
>>
>>2924530
And here I thought OP would be the most autistic person in this thread. Well done.
>>
>>2919937
agree here. I hate the characters before even knowing anything about them.
>>
>>2924530
really brings back memories
>>
>>2919985
Holy shit these names. Every bit of these characters' designs are awful, even if done by an actually good artist
>>
>>2919931
>Tfw you actually want to make a medieval manga mixed with a fantasy setting and get shut down by this thread

I'll never be as good as you OP, I should give up now before I've even started
>>
>>2924808
Why will you never be as good as OP? That's like, two weeks of doodling, tops.
>>
>>2924900
Sarcasm my friend
But in all actuality I don't think I'm good enough to do anything manga related, even if I truly like the idea. Only drawn like 6 comics in my life and none of them were manga styled
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.