[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /ic/ think of sycra's newest video

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: drea_by_sycra-db0mfcx.png (946KB, 584x1140px) Image search: [Google]
drea_by_sycra-db0mfcx.png
946KB, 584x1140px
Also isn't he improving, he's able to draw some pretty dope poses from imagination

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HawWkxpvPw4
>>
It didn't feel genuine imo. I think he might be doing this purely because the comment section kept complaining about the lack of tutorials even when he was doing psychology stuff with Bob and Flavia.
>>
>>2918841
>he's able to draw some pretty dope poses from imagination
>dope poses

Hello sycra
>>
I like that last video, better than hear the fucking tragic story of his girlfriend.
>>
>>2918895
Both her and Sycra's life story legitimately made me unmotivated and depressed.
>>
>>2918841
This is why you should never be a tutorial boy if you have a youtube channel; people only care about your tuts.
>>
beating a dead horse at this point
>>
>>2918900
I feel the same about Alphonso Dunn to be desu.
>>
>>2918895
>the fucking tragic story of his girlfriend.
tldr pls
>>
>>2918900
unless you want to be a tutorial boy
>>
>>2918984
Flavia goes through a FUCK ton of abuse as a child, and a lot of animals die in spite of her compassion. And that's just the beginning...
>>
>>2918900
People who can't cut it as artists become tutorial boys. Gotta pay those bills somehow.
>>
>gf

Well there goes my sympathy towards him. Fucking normies
>>
I dont fucking get how people watch his videos at all, atleast with the sound on.

This guy needs to hire someone to read a script.
He pauses after every fucking word he says.

Yes im triggered.
>>
>>2918987
wew
>>
>>2918841
His stuff just seems incredibly generic and boring, honestly. He's good, but it doesn't have any liveliness to it.
>>
>>2918987

What kind of name is Flavia? Lmao Sounds so retarded.
>>
>>2918900
>people only care about your tuts.
Wow, it's almost as if bait and switching your audience to be your emotional tampon is a bad idea or something.
>>
>>2919242
lol well, sycra itself sounds a bit retarded as a name.
>>
>>2919150
>He's good,
No, he's not. Look at the mediocre shit in the video. Look at the abomination in the OP.
>>
>>2919275
He could probably get away with it if he did streams where he draws instead of just doing a podcast. I think sinix has streams where he just talks about random bullshit but no one complains because he still draws.
>>
>>2918849
Well, no one followed him for that shit.
>>2918895
This.
>>2919134
It could be worse, he could be Hank Green.

DESU I don't think Sycra uses a script, at least it doesn't seem like he does, and his videos would probably be a lot tighter if he did.
>>2919242
I think Romanian? Can't remember where they live exactly, it's somewhere in Eastern Europe.
>>
>>2918989
They feed on desperate aspiring artists instead of telling them that knowing how to draw the backside of the elbow joint at a 45° angle is completely worthless because it's 2017 and you can trace photos
>>
>>2919725
>still tracing
Never gonna make it, anon
>>
>>2918998
Lmao
>>
>>2919561
Advanced entry level professional is probably the best way to describe him.
>>
File: 135903700693.jpg (28KB, 640x435px) Image search: [Google]
135903700693.jpg
28KB, 640x435px
>>2918998
My boy.
>>
>>2918998
this desu. Unsubscribed.
>>
>>2919725
You can trace all the photos you want, but then your end result will always look like a shitty, stiff tracing of a photo.
>>
File: artist-kek.jpg (14KB, 220x306px) Image search: [Google]
artist-kek.jpg
14KB, 220x306px
>>2920215
>>2919730
For every Greg Land there's a dozen fine artists who print photos on their canvas to paint over and you'll never find out.
>>
>>2919547
Wait, what's Sycra's real name again?

It couldn't actually be Sycra, could it?
>>
>>2919925
I would not describe him as professional in terms of skill. He seems like an intermediate internet artist who's plateaued and struggles to overcome his shortcomings and to create a consistent, appealing style.
While I understand what he's trying to do stylistically, his aesthetic sense isn't really there, so he just keeps exaggerating it to make it distinct, with no regard to how it actually looks. When most people find the stylization deeply unappealing, or react to it as if its a flaw, then he's obviously doing something wrong.
He also struggles with perspective and anatomy, which is very obvious if you look at the picture in the OP.
>>
>>2920340
He's clearly at a professional level you dolt. How exactly is the perspective and the anatomy wrong ?
>>
>>2920353
Nigga, are you blind?

Not even him, but apply yourself.
Box out the figure and head, it's skewed as fuck
>>
>>2918895
How come flavia has legitimately interesting things to say about lyfe and the human condition, while the girls who are interested in me just want to talk about their favourite japanese food and shitty fanfiction? I know a few people in their 40s who grew up under communism and they give me a similar vibe. Could it be that overcoming trauma and confronting yourself with a hostile envornment is a requirement for developing an interest in anything other than vapid consumer culture? Are we just too well off?
>>
>>2920366
>why are the people I attract not like these other people that are attracted to someone else
It's you, anon.
>>
>>2920325

>and you'll never find out.

Never bothered to look at traced fine art, but a trace in entertainment art is always super obvious and easy to spot.
>>
>>2920329
I always thought it was his nickname
>>
>>2920431
His has back story he explained in one of his vids. its nothing major just same group name he made up then changed it a little to sycra. It's something like that anyway
>>
File: featherhead_by_sycra-dauaaxa[1].png (2MB, 1024x1680px) Image search: [Google]
featherhead_by_sycra-dauaaxa[1].png
2MB, 1024x1680px
The problem with sycra is his eternal search for the ultimate super sektrit method. This nigga has gone through so much of these 'insight' phases over the years.

Every once in a while he'll 'figure it out' and make some meme tutorial on 'how to draw the figure finally for real this time'. Meanwhile you got comic book artist that just picked up a Bridgman book once and just studied other comic book artists and they surpass his figure drawing ability by a hundred fold just because they stick with a consistent method and just draw a shit ton.

Sycra has been drawing for god knows how many years now and he still draws like pic related, and I think it's entirely because he can't stick with a method and over analyses everything. Just pick a method and stick with it nigga.
>>
>>2919547
Isn't his name Sycra Yasin?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.