[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there such a thing as being too stupid to learn how to draw?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1482522202217.png (119KB, 492x367px) Image search: [Google]
1482522202217.png
119KB, 492x367px
Is there such a thing as being too stupid to learn how to draw?
>>
>>2918386
Yes.
>>
>>2918386
Considering that even elephants and monkeys have made works of art, no.
>>
>>2918386
Unless you're actually retarded, no.
>>
>>2918386
Learning disabilities.
>>
>>2918386
Yes, but considering you had enough brain power to even consider the possibility, you'll be right.
>>
>>2918393
Pretty sure the elephants at least are just trained to do exact steps to paint a picture and don't understand or at least do it on their own.
>>
>>2918457
Is that a fact?
>>
>>2918386
To some extent yes.
You can acquire somewhat mediocre degree of skill with a below average IQ, but anything beyond that requires much higher.

There is so much brain power going into drawing, people don't understand. Active Memorization, visualization, hand eye coordination, creativity, planning etc all of these depend on whether you are a simpleton or not.
>>
I think the stupidest way to be unable to learn to draw is not, actualy, an intelligence issue.
It's an attitude issue. Being to stupid to recognize you're wrong, unable to take advice because "your advice doesn't suit muh style" and such.
>>
>>2918386
Yup. Too stupid or too young.
ic is the ultimate proof.
>>
>>2918386

That's akin to asking if learning to play the piano is impossible. If you're not brain-damaged, there's nothing stopping you from becoming decent but time and dedication.

> Notice that I said 'decent', not 'best in the world'

Did you already go through the exercises in the first books of the Sticky?
>>
>>2918465
They're actually tortured to do so, Asian elephants are very tame unlike the African counterpart.

So the scumbag 'trainer' makes them do a series of moments via hooks grafted inside the soft parts of the ear, most of the time the side of the head that isn't facing the public is covered in scars
>>
>>2918386
Of course. It's possible to be too stupid to learn how to do just about anything worth doing.
>>
well think about it, where do the most talented artists come from? east asia and the west, those places have higher median IQs than other regions. an extremely talented african or middle eastern artist is an anomaly.
>>
>>2918393
this is a fucking retarded post and you should stop watching TED talks.
>>
>>2920787
I don't get them.
>>
>>2918386

Yeah, I'd find it hard to believe someone with an IQ of 70 to 80 would have a chance of learning Perspective out of his own volition. Anything below that, probably not even with outside help.

Any average IQ should suffice imo. Maybe you won't be able to understand it all from an abstract way, as in how all the different subjects relate to each other and function with synergy to depict reality, but you can probably go by feel and crystallized knowledge, even if it takes you longer than someone in the 130+ range.
>>
>>2920902

What don't you get? What subject? Why? Start analyzing more if you want to get anywhere in life, faggot.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.