[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

art class at community college

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Drawing-Class.jpg (49KB, 580x320px) Image search: [Google]
Drawing-Class.jpg
49KB, 580x320px
What's /ic/ thoughts on the matter/. I know everything we need is at the grasp of our finger with downloads and forms. What if you're a visual learning and need interaction to learn?
>>
>>2918004
It'll raise your game , do it.
>>
>>2918004
Took it, interesting experience.

I recommend you take at least once.

Most important thing that I took away from it was that by drawing consistently so often, I improved greatly.

There's not much interaction though, so don't expect that. Sometimes there is, just to see what other people are up to or how they did something, but unless it's like an advanced class, then no one really seems to know what they're doing. Only like three or so people do.

A lot of assignments that you won't want to do though because they're shit and take a lot of time.
>>
im still /beg/ so take this as is. at my uni we needed to take some art appreciation class so i took drawing 101 while everyone went with gay history of rocknroll even though i wasnt drawing back then. it got my confidence way fucking up in terms of art and i got a lot of experience with values since everything was done in pencil and charcoal. that said i didnt touch pencil to paper for arts sake for like 6 years srs
>>
>>2918115
>>2918110
This
You improve way faster than learning on your own and it's pretty fun once all the perspective stuff is out of the way.

Watch the instructor's demos carefully and follow their instructions and suggestions even if you don't agree with them.
>>
It's chill. It helps you improve at a decent price, plus you can always transfer to a school if your school has a decent Arts program.
>>
>>2918004
I took basic drawing and figure drawing classes. What you can expect is that each class will really depend heavily on the teacher. There are courses taught by teachers who don't care. These teachers usually are just there to babysit people for a few hours each day while they draw.

I've had other teachers that were extremely professional. Had lesson plans, new assignments each week, deadlines, and a somewhat difficult grading curve. These teachers were amazing to learn from and I'm basically still using so much of what they taught me. Most of it wasn't really about the technicalities of drawing but about following through with a project and doing solid work for each assignment.

There are a few gem teachers out there at community colleges that really know their stuff and are passionate but they are definitely rare.

If you take those courses, understand that you'll mostly be teaching yourself. The teachers usually are just there to host your class but may not be able to teach you anything substantial. So you'll do a lot of supplemental learning on your own. Also since it's a community college the students may not be very motivated. That changes the teacher's attitude all around. If you really want good feedback, you have to go the extra distance to show your teacher that you're serious and make sure to have lots of one on one with them. The competent ones will probably be happy to help a serious student.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.