[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Why are wacom tablets so expensive compared to other brands?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: s3.png (331KB, 1530x577px) Image search: [Google]
s3.png
331KB, 1530x577px
Why are wacom tablets so expensive compared to other brands? Are they actually that much better? Would it be more worth to buy this than another screen tablet for half the price/bigger?
>>
>>2917235
because they have the monopoly on the market. They can charge whatever they want.
>>
>>2917243
son i dont think you understand what a monopoly is
>>
>>2917357
FULL CONTROL

No competition

How do i spell this out for you
>>
>>2917357
I dont think you understand how much monopoly wacom has.
Huion and all those other chinese tablets have negligible effect on their profit margin
>>
Sorry for dumb question, but are following comparable to wacom, or do they fail in some way?
>apple ipad pro
>microsoft surface pro
>samsung galaxy note pro
>>
>>2917379
>>2917384
its like you think apple has a monopoly too
>>
>>2917441
They did at a time.

Hopefully wacom follows suit
>>
lets hope dell canvas is good
>>
>>2917386
All three are usable. Depends on your comfort with the products :P
>>
>>2917235
>Cintiq 13 Pro
>"Oh cool, they're finally making a successor to the 13HD"
>Same resolution

Yeah but why though
>>
>>2918951
Because now it has NO BUTTONS

Like a pro
>>
You don't need the screen.

I just wish I had got the intous pro medium. I got the small but have a 27" screen and it is a total mis match.
>>
>>2918962
>he thinks the Medium would be any better on a 27 inch screen

lmao
>>
File: xTKc8Ya.jpg (103KB, 890x525px) Image search: [Google]
xTKc8Ya.jpg
103KB, 890x525px
>>2917235
see pic & the competitors have yet to implement pen tilt & rotation in their tablets. Maybe then they will start making a difference in the market.
>>
>>2918993
Is the pent tilt/rotation function patented or something? Why is it only Wacom that has that technology? 13 inch screen for almost 1000 bucks what the hell
>>
>>2917386
If you get glass screen to draw on I'd suggest looking into a textured screen protector. Feels way better to draw on.
>>
>>2918997
I have no idea. From what I've read that the EMR patent hass expired years ago, yet few companies adapted it. However, there's a comment on the XP-Pen youtube channel talking about tilt function in the future (maybe next year).
>>
For a couple hundred bucks more you could buy yourself a bad ass gaming laptop.
>>
>>2917235
Because they are better than everything else, see >>2918993
>>
>>2917441

Apple has 43% market share in the US irt phones.

Wacom has 90% marketshare irl to graphic tablets

FUCKING
90%

And 85% global marketshare. So yes you are underestimating their monopoly
>>
>>2918997
I think the thermocouple that allows the pen to be cordless/battery-less is patented.
They probably have tons of patents with all aspects of their hardware.
>>
What price range do I have to hit before I no longer have chronic pressure sensitivity issues
>>
Are there even any other good screen tablet alternatives? Been looking at the Ugee 1560
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.