[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overrated

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

Do you think the Mona Lisa is overrated? why?
>>
>>2916859
It's shit
>>
>>2916859
Well it's mostly famous for reasons other than the painting itself such as the history behind it and the fact it was stolen and so on. It's been argued by some people that really at this point it is closer to pop art than anything else since the view of it is quite different today than in the past and for other similar paintings.
>>
>>2916865
/thread desu
>>
>>2916859

It's still better then anything /ic/ can produce
>>
>>2916859
well, she didn't have hood in my timeline so yeah this is a shitty version
>>
File: mona_lisa.jpg (141KB, 368x550px) Image search: [Google]
mona_lisa.jpg
141KB, 368x550px
>>2916859
yes
>>
>>2916859
There's nothing overrated about a piece of great historical importance. that's like making a thread calling cave paintings overrated.
>>
File: Monalisamercwip.jpg (202KB, 687x852px) Image search: [Google]
Monalisamercwip.jpg
202KB, 687x852px
>>2916859

When we die, we are forgotten, save for a few outstanding persons. Even those will not necessarily be remembered for all their works but rather a few ones, not necessarily the best.

In that regard, Mona Lisa is associated with its painter, but is it really his best/noteworthy painting? I prefer the lady with an hermin, but that's very personal of a choice.
I'll hazard that this one is original enough to stand out, compared with his paintings of religious subject (since many artists painted the Christ, the last Supper, etc. but only one painted the Mona Lisa).

Also, every era has its own concerns, resulting in a different approach to art.
> Here's one

Last but not least, nowadays, >>2916865 is correct in pointing out that Mona Lisa is something we grew with, akin to the Thinker or the Scream. We discovered it as kids in movies and cartoons, as something which is a symbol for old/famous paintings.
>>
>>2916859
Not moe enough.
>>
File: image.jpg (207KB, 786x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
207KB, 786x1024px
>>2916859
I can see why Reynolds believed that the Vernon Mona Lisa was the authentic one. The skull is long enough to suit the body, which would have suited contemporary Nordicists beliefs, and the distribution of her weight is more appropriate. She's also dressed in more silken apparel, which would make sense as she is the wife of a silk dealer.

The version in OP's pic doesn't make sense. The head is broad, fat and elderly. The neck is long and rests uneasily on a youthful body. Very hard to imagine that being da Vinci's intention. Why would he paint chiffon or velvet instead of silk for this woman as well?
>>
nah
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.