[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First attempt at using gouache. What do ya think?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2354.jpg (847KB, 2357x1837px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2354.jpg
847KB, 2357x1837px
First attempt at using gouache. What do ya think?
>>
I like it quite a bit
>>
>>2915625
Shit's cool yo
>>
The buildings are dull, but the sky is really nice. The gradient is well handled for a first try.
I'm not competent for giving advice but I like it
>>
>>2915625
I like it.
Makes me feel warm looking at it
>>
>>2915625

I feel like the driveway/road area should be darker, or else the rest of the scene should be brighter, in the case that the sun is still down and most of the light is ambient. Ambient light doesn't really cast a shadow, remember.

That being said it's definitely not bad.
>>
>>2915625
How did ya paint those clouds? What colors did you use too?
>>
>>2915625
Nice job on the background wash.
The clouds and background foliage are a bit overworked.

The painting overall is pretty boring. You put the poles right in the center of the page and everything leads the eyes off the painting.
>>
>>2915625
breddy gud
>>
>>2915625
quite terrible.
>>
>>2915625

What did you paint it on canvas wise?
>>
>>2915625
good for a first attempt
>>
>>2915625
Holy ravioli, shit's fabulous.
>>
not bad
>>
Fantastic for a first attempt. Judging by the result in the foreground, though, I think it might be worth you trying egg tempera. It will have more body and texture to allow you to do more with layering muddy colours, but also allows you to paint very thin, opaque washes of colour like gouache.
>>
>>2915625
>>2921832
This for example is a Dutch artist who works in egg tempera. may be of interest to you.
>>
>>2921832
>>2921834
And another.
>>
Needs a gondola
>>
>>2915625
Everything but the house is pretty great.

I hate houses in paintings. Makes me think of second grade crayon drawings.
>>
>>2924244
I love them for the same reason.
Unless they look reaaallyy bad, but OPs isnt too bad.
My advice would try not to make your environment lack saturation. It looks completely muted in a really unnatural way and unless you were going for some weird monochromatic theme it just looks kinda bad. There is no reason everything should be grey.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.