[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any particular reason why logos have to be so fucking

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_8872.jpg (106KB, 750x998px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8872.jpg
106KB, 750x998px
Is there any particular reason why logos have to be so fucking boring and simple now?
>>
File: logo.png (59KB, 782x229px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
59KB, 782x229px
>>2915541
Good question. Most corporate logos have objectively become shit, whereas at one point they used to be good. Maybe it's because everything needs to be a represented by a square iOS app icon, but your guess is as good as mine.
>>
>>2915541
design principies.
I ain't gonna explain that shit.
>>
>>2915541
They are easier to recognize and to use in different aplication or formats
>>
File: pepsilogoblowatlife.jpg (12KB, 300x377px) Image search: [Google]
pepsilogoblowatlife.jpg
12KB, 300x377px
>>2915569
Please explain what a design principy is.

>>2915572
The new logo is objectively worse as was pointed out when they changed it. The new typeface is also completely toothless.
>>
>>2915541
This belongs on >>>/gd/

>>2915569
There are other design principles besides minimalism. Taking it to a holistic extreme leads to homogeneity and homogeneity in design doesn't help sell products, it makes them harder to sell when everyone is doing the same thing.
>>
File: baby.jpg (49KB, 600x575px) Image search: [Google]
baby.jpg
49KB, 600x575px
>>2915541
>>2915569

revolves around making it easier to convert to B/W ,print,3d etc

also easier to "comprehend"

why medieval drawing was simplified compared to greek art /renaissance.
theoretically the idea of a simpler style would make the message easier for the peasants to understand

This said,I like the old logo and dislike all this new minimalist shit.It all looks alike and is boring af
>>
>>2915607
If you ignore the rendering and shadow and just have a the top logo as a graphic red white and blue image it works better. Same with >>2915561 the detail level is the same but the actual design is worse.
>>
>>2915541
Simpler = easier to recognise

Easier to recognise = easier to remember

Easier to remember = more likely to buy/recommend/use
>>
>>2915541
I agree this flat minimalist meme needed to end like 5 years ago.
Same with triangles and diamond shapes and patterns.
>>
>>2915561
A company I worked for over the summer re-branded themselves for the sole purpose of looking better on an app icon.
They were a company that only provided services to other businesses, so I have no idea why they changed the logo, site look, color schemes etc.
>>
File: bepis.png (108KB, 500x531px) Image search: [Google]
bepis.png
108KB, 500x531px
>>2915541
WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY ABOUT MANKIND'S GREATEST ACCOMPLISHMENT???

https://www.goldennumber.net/wp-content/uploads/pepsi-arnell-021109.pdf
>>
>>2915607
>revolves around making it easier to convert to B/W ,print,3d etc
half-true, breakthrus in printing and web publishing, allowed/popularized that "3D" look, logos reverted back to a flat look just to standout among all the heavily layered "poppy" crap of the 00s.
>>
File: apple-logo.jpg (56KB, 430x200px) Image search: [Google]
apple-logo.jpg
56KB, 430x200px
>>2915541
/thread
>>
>>2915653
Why can I not determine if this is satire or not
>>
>>2915541
people have realized that logos are fucking obnoxious so everything is moving towards minimalism shit.
>>
>>2915661
Even that design is too old, the apple design right now is just a black silhouette
>>
File: its87againbitches.jpg (191KB, 890x1140px) Image search: [Google]
its87againbitches.jpg
191KB, 890x1140px
We are actually returning to the 80s. Lots of neon and chrome in logos soon...
>>
>>2915541
The second graphic is actually more pleasing. Perfect halves are boring, while the new one follows the golden ratio and shit.

The new font is awful though
>>
>>2915720
Doesn't matter if it follows the golden ratio if it still looks like a fat guy's gut.
>>
>>2915541
Think of the popularity of emojis. Normies just want little pieces of eye candy to convey simple messages in the simplest way.
>>
>>2915715
Man this is so true
>>
>>2915715
i hope so. the world can learn a lot from tokyo
>>
File: kellogg's.jpg (89KB, 715x320px) Image search: [Google]
kellogg's.jpg
89KB, 715x320px
>>2915541
Simple doesn't mean boring. If you can manage to keep using the same logo for decades and stay recognizable without looking out of date, you have a really well designed logo. The worst logos are the ones that try too hard to follow popular trends, only to be quickly abandoned when the trend loses popularity. The 2000's was a really cringey time for logos as designers developed fetishes for every effect Photoshop was capable of. There were even company logos with lens flares, and fuck those shit tier typefaces. Thank God it's all over.
>>
>>2915541
timeless
easier to recognize & harder to confuse
bolder
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.