[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is my storefront. It's in a place called the catacombs,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1322.jpg (2MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1322.jpg
2MB, 3024x3024px
This is my storefront. It's in a place called the catacombs, used to be an old railway. I sell oil paintings and prints: any tips for getting more sales?
>>
>>2913915
>>>/biz/

Though I wouldn't trust 4chan at all with something like that. Best. Luck none the less.
>>
Clear and obvious symbolism about what you sell and what's desirable about it. Even obvious price tags would make a difference.
>>
>>2913915
Set your art against real walls instead of distractingly noisy hippie blankets. Get into a more visible location than "the catacombs"
>>
>>2913915
Sell refreshments too, maybe a vending machine. If it generate some traffic, knowledge of your place will grow and people might recommend others to take a look if they ask about places to get something to hang on their wall.

Your best hope is to make your place well known.
>>
>>2914121
ignore this faggot. a vending machine is a retarded investment.

can't even tell if y'all niggas serious.
>>
>>2913915

>It's in a place called the catacombs

OP IS DEAD - UNDEAD UNDEAD!

Theme song for the thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKRJfIPiJGY
>>
>>2913915
>Get real walls or at the very least dark, solid-colored curtains.
>Use the place's reputation to your advantage by picking up a gimmick that matches user expectations
>>
>>2914136
>something that could bring business and people into the store.
>retarded investment.

You sound like a "nigga" alright.
>>
>>2914287
>thinks a two thousand dollar soda machine is what he needs to "make it"
I'm sure people will come from all around to see the newfangled fizzy-pop dispenser. And as everyone knows, people willing to pay 75 cents for a canned coke are the prime market for artists.

Seriously where the fuck did you get this idea? How about he spend those thousands on actual walls, track lighting, application fees to juries art shows, or rent on a better location?
>>
File: Samurai with Lantern.jpg (330KB, 1102x840px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai with Lantern.jpg
330KB, 1102x840px
>>2913915

learn to paint
all your paintings look really really amateurish.
human figures are really bad, brush strokes are awful, canvas texture still showing. If you have a store you should be able to spend a little more paint on each painting
and can you actually sell tiny prints of shitty paintings for $50+? (pic related, $50 for a 4"x6" print of it)
most of those paintings lose their impact when printed on tiny pieces of paper

still, some advice: show more actual paintings, even if you just put a stack of canvas paintings leaned against the wall or something, to give it a more Atelier feel to it. All those pieces of paper make it seem like you are selling over expensive postcards.
>>
>>2914321
>two thousand dollar soda machine
Nigga, the fridge is free, it belongs to the supplier.
>>
>>2913915
> catacomb
That's a nice way to call your mom's basement.
>>
>>2914321
The point is to sell something many people buy on a daily basis so that more people take a look inside the store. I'm sure that would mean shit-stained dildos to you but unlike you I live in the real world and know you can maybe apply for and rent out a vending machine spot if the location is good. You don't have to pay your shitty 2k but would instead gain a rent income.

But who cares besides you if they sell soda there. It was an example to illustrate a point. I'm sure OP is smarter than you and can figure out how that would translate to his area.

Fuck you are stupid. Seriously.
>>
>>2914737
ooh
>>
File: lizzy disdain.gif (490KB, 420x236px) Image search: [Google]
lizzy disdain.gif
490KB, 420x236px
So the only reliable way to get crits is to shit up the catalog with multiple threads?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.