[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Framed Print of Oil painting

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1293.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1293.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
8.5"x11" print of a 4ftx3ft oil painting--"Lost in the Bardo of Becoming". Is it actually shit? I spent a year on the painting
>>
pretty good
>>
>>2913898
I saw your original thread. seriously yes, the only thing that's good is the colors. you wasted a lot of time and money creating art this way. oil paint is super expensive compared to other mediums so spending money on it and taking forever to make art is pretty much the opposite of what you should do. oil paintings are for people in their 40s who have been working and perfecting their talents for decades and can relax and make these expensive big paintings.
>>
File: fruity.jpg (75KB, 1000x752px) Image search: [Google]
fruity.jpg
75KB, 1000x752px
>>2915482
I shit out oil paintings all the time and I'm still in my 20's bruh, this took 4 hours for instance
>>
>>2915575
If you have the money than by all means. this is a good example of using the medium correctly, it's easy to tell you're thinking about the light and form of what you're drawing. op is dare I say, symbol painting. maybe stick around and mentor the op, I dunno.
>>
>>2913898
The drawing needs more work and by drawing that means proportions, anatomy, and form of all the figures in the painting. There is little use of atmospheric perspective which makes the background of the painting extremely busy and distracting. If you want to incorporate better use of atmospheric perspective, that means less values and less saturation in the background. I think that your year spent on this would have been more well-invested making small master copies and life studies. You seem to have the drive and ambition. It would be better spent on improving on the fundamentals first though.
>>
>>2915580
Thanks, oils really isn't expensive though, I buy jumbo tubes which are cheaper in the long run, canvases can be pricey but I work small most of the time.
>>
>>2915482
>the only thing that's good is the colors
The colors are really bad though. Literally shading with black.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.