[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should i sell my ass?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1569.jpg (344KB, 1349x734px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1569.jpg
344KB, 1349x734px
So I've got this offer to make all the assets for an isometric strategy game.

Now as all of the leets here i have dreams of being a concept artist and getting asspats for my awesome designs, not about a being a worker drone churning out house variations.

I have offers to do more of the kind of stuff i want to do but i'm having trouble turning this one down, smells like laziness you know?

So the question is is this kind of work woth getting into? Anybody have any experience doing work like this? How long did it take until you felt like blowing you brains out?
>>
How much money are you going to make and do you need it.
>>
>>2913678
Not a lot and no not really, im pretty stable financially atm

I'm just wondering if this is one of those areas where you can go to make money when the other stuff hits a dry spell. Like 3D guys doing kitchen renders...
>>
This is something you can put on your resume to say you have experience with game development. If you're getting paid and you have the spare time, do it.
>>
>>2913675
>not about a being a worker drone churning out house variations.

You know a lot of people in the industry start out like this? Don't look down on it so much, making game assets is a good way to get some experience and looks good on your resume.
>>
Depends, if its 3D to be prerendered into 2D then that's manageable and standard.

Animated 2D from scratch is a nightmare.
>>
>>2913675
Don't do it for the pittance of money do it because you like the project, pick and choose these "passion" projects carefully because that is what they require.

Don't be a hoe and think you're above creating assets most asset guys can probably destroy you in design making you useless.

Make sure this guy is the real deal and shipped games, good games hopefully successful ones. if he's in some related field with dreams of making a game forget it.

I dunno maybe you're trash and this guy is trash in that case you should be working on improving and not be wasting time.
>>
>>2913736
I was trying to exaggerate my typical noob expectations, I thought that would be clear when i also said I desire asspats.

But shame on me for trying to be wry in Autism Central.

Anyway thanks for the advice, I think I'm gonna do it.
>>
Another person here, should I sell my actual ass?
>>
>>2913953
You sound pretty autistic yourself thinking you're above making game assets.
>>
>>2913675
you need to start somewhere. you dont just land a AAA studio job without wading through a bit of shit and minor work for a while first.
>>
>>2913675
Honestly, what kind of jobs were you expecting to land? Some free painting illustrations where they treat your illustrations and creativity as guides for generations to come?

Not sure why an isometric asset would be less of a worker drone than any other concept art job.

Personally I'd fucking love an isometric game. Both realistic and casual style brings me fuckloads of nostalgia, thinking about old sim city games or tycoon series..
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.