[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I feel this way?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: confused man.jpg (32KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
confused man.jpg
32KB, 660x371px
There's a weird thing going on; whenever I don't draw I get afraid of drawing poorly which results in me not drawing at all and I become guilty over not training but when I do draw I love it.

Have anybody felt like this too? If so how did you guys get over the feeling of fear of drawing?
>>
>>2913084
So what if it comes out bad? Not every piece can be very good, but if you don't give up, it can be.
>>
>>2913084
you just start doing it
>>
If you're not drawing, you're deciding what to draw.

And deciding is one of the most painful parts of the process.

Once you're drawing, you're not deciding. You're executing.

https://www.ted.com/talks/barry_schwartz_on_the_paradox_of_choice
>>
>>2913084
Psychologically, we can split our self into the remembering, and the experiencing self.

The remembering self is the one that, generally, rules your life and decisions. However, the problem with the remembering self is that it doesn't often agree with what the experiencing self would prefer.

The remembering self is the one that makes people play loot-based or RNG mmos. It remembers the high peaks of success and makes it seem like a good idea to play them. However, by large an MMO does little for your well-being, and many features are literally just time-sinks.

On the other hand, drawing can be a fairly negative experience some of the time. You're dealing with failure and disappointment. Your remembering self is remembering your negative emotions that occur when you are the most disappointed, and it doesn't want to experience that.

However, just know that if you are down, you are remembering the most negative emotions and they don't represent the reality of the experience of drawing as a whole.

You can also work on becoming a more tenacious person.

"Researcher Dean Keith Simonton has compiled strong evidence that consistent creative output results as much from a vigorous spirit as it does from creative 'genius'. If you want to foster creativity, you need to foster a curious, bold, and tenacious personality and mindset. In every occupation Simonton studied-from composers, artists, and poets to inventors and scientists, the story is the same: a high number of creative breakthroughs is directly linked to the quantity of work produced and a refusal to let failure dampen enthusiasm or persistence. Regular physical activity reinforces the personality traits needed to be a creative dynamo across the board. "
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.