[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people still like this style of art?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

Hello /ic/ i'v got a quick question...

Do you like this style of art?

I've been doing art like this in my thumbnail for a while now, and I feel as if i've almost perfect the style of the old masters.. but someone a few days ago told me that this style of art was old and nobody wants to buy art similar to what iv posted, would you buy or even notice my art if you walked passed it in an art gallery if it was as good as the one I posted? I just wanna know if I'm wasting my time or not trying to perfect this style of art..

I don't have any art to share because i am not home at this moment.. oh and also i do sign my art in my own blood, does this freak or gross you out?
>>
>i've almost perfect the style of the old masters
Post art and I'll tell you why you're full of shit.

>does this freak or gross you out?
Makes me cringe for sure.
>>
>>2911102
sorry for my English being bad :l

I don't have any art on my phone, but I get back pretty soon, so I'll post for sure, but I don't think it's as good as the picture I've posted, a lot of my work is done in silver and some gold, not all that's great at mixing certain colors yet though.

and why does it make you cringe? and what's with this hostility
>>
>>2911107
Lurk more.
>>
>>2911116
I don't lurk.. and this is my first post on this category.. ever
>>
>>2911099
They're right, it's pretty a outdated style and the rendering and colors are shit so that doesn't help.
>>
>>2911139
Hmm I see, I'll still continue to do this style of art.. mainly in silver point, but I was hopping people felt different about the past, such as a classical piece of Chopin music never goes out of style.. unlike techno music.
>>
>>2911146
Never mind him, he is a retarded namefag. The style is still quite good and harder to master than it ever was as everyond painting like that is dead and only a few guys like yourself still does it.

Go four it my man.
>>
>>2911099
>Do you like this style of art?
Not particularly. I mean, I don't dislike it, but I don't get that much of a kick out of it. If I was shopping for artwork to hang on my walls, I probably wouldn't go for something like this.
Still, you might have a market if you're good at it. It's not a fashionable style right now, but that also means there are few people producing work like this. You just have to find a way to track down the people who are into it.

>oh and also i do sign my art in my own blood, does this freak or gross you out?
That's a bit silly, but not disturbing. Feels more like a thing for, I don't know, seventeen-year-olds drawing their Vampire: The Masquerade characters.
>>
>>2911099
Post your art. I'll commission you for $1000 if you're on the level of the old masters.
>>
>>2911225
Yes, the style seems not very popular at the moment, but that's fine because the world seems to change its taste all the time, some things might come back from the grave see the trending light once more.. who knows, I view my self as having an old soul so I'll stick to this style.

And as for my blood I am a symbolic person in nature, revelation bible verses always inspired me as a kid to think creatively when it came to art, the bible says the blood is the life force, so that's why I draw my name in my own blood on my art, because that is me trying to give my art life symbolically, and I'm not messy, I'll have a vile of blood sucked out and I'll use that to draw my name with, it's not like I'm some emotional teenage girl who cuts her wrist and spells "why doesn't anyone like me on Myspace" over and over again on a blank piece of paper.. haha.. again, I'm putting my self in my art, I'm try to give life though my life force.. not literrly of course, but symbolically.
>>
>>2911240
I shouldn't say things like that, I'm just not good with my words in English, forgive me, but I'm happy you like this style of art.

I think I'm good, but I shouldn't say I'm almost old masters good, it's only been about 4 years for me.
>>
File: 3953a799ed5177c2b856470572a78bd0.jpg (205KB, 1416x796px) Image search: [Google]
3953a799ed5177c2b856470572a78bd0.jpg
205KB, 1416x796px
>>2911099

You've got a long way to go, anon.

Also, salon-style thematic realism hasn't been popular in a big way since the 1930's. No, the ARC crowd isn't that big of a deal either.

Your best bet is working for churches and doing murals if you're really into it.
>>
>>2911099
>I feel as if i've almost perfect the style of the old masters
That's a very bold claim. Post work when you get the chance pls. i'm curious

Also i'd totally buy paintings in that style. i love it.
>>
>Do you like this style of art?

Not really. It's as pretentious as post-modernism.

>I feel as if i've almost perfect the style of the old masters

No you haven't

>oh and also i do sign my art in my own blood, does this freak or gross you out?

Makes me think you're trying to be edgy because you lack actual personality
>>
Pls OP deliver
>>
>>2911099
This art style is a lot more worthwhile than the modern garbage people claim to ascribe meaning to.

Signing it in your blood is gross and creepy though.
>>
Are you going to post your stuff OP?
>>
I think the subjects date it more. I hope you're not drawing romans or angels in clouds, that shit is boring.
>>
>>2911099
I like it a lot, especially when it properly incorporates astrological symbolism. Astrology and mythology [spoiler]based on astrology[/spoiler] were basically the memes of the times, artists who didn't properly incorporate them were told to lurk moar.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.