[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you see another artist who obviously used your artwork

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: November-27-2012-18-59-35-se.jpg (54KB, 554x554px) Image search: [Google]
November-27-2012-18-59-35-se.jpg
54KB, 554x554px
>tfw you see another artist who obviously used your artwork for reference

someone thought my art was worth referencing, im feel flattered

maybe a good art feels thread?
>>
>>2910722
>be 16, be bretty gud for a 16 year old
>love art, only care about art, stay up all night drawing and rocking out to White Stripes
>be 23
>depressed as fuck for years
>burnt out after consistently studying for 5-6 hours at a time from hogarth
>become slowly exhausted at the thought of even drawing for fun
>cant draw anything for fun without eventually ending up studying
>own boxes of art supplies, paper, pencils, oils paints, charcoal, etc but never touch them
>start taking antidepressants and sleeping medication
>remember that i love art
>start drawing for fun again

holy shit the passion is back. Sure I regressed a lot and am shittier now but its better than not drawing at all
>>
>>2910729
Do antidepressants really not brainwash you?
>>
>>2910731
There's a pretty big misconception with antidepressants. Im not a zombie or anything, its more like someone upped the saturation slider in my life. I never really realized how hard it was for me to enjoy things. I hate "normie" entertainment and am only entertained by darker humor. This makes it harder to be social, but i honestly think that that isnt such a bad mindset to be in. Thats really just life, most of anything is shit and some of it is pretty good.

Depression making me lose my love of drawing and creating was the final straw for me though.
>>
File: shit nigger.jpg (18KB, 366x380px) Image search: [Google]
shit nigger.jpg
18KB, 366x380px
>>2910729
>hogarth
>>
>>2910741
I lost my love for creating around 18, I'm 23 now. I'm only just starting to feel like drawing again but it's so fucking hard without a desk or any sort of linearity in my life. I've been on and off a few anti depressants, but they seemed to just make me hate myself even more, idk man. I just want to draw again!!!
>>
File: Pondering-Questions.jpg (68KB, 660x437px) Image search: [Google]
Pondering-Questions.jpg
68KB, 660x437px
>>2911013
If you want to want to draw, why don't you want to draw?
>>
>>2910729
thats great! im glad you found the source of your exhaustion before you gave up
>>
File: playvidya.jpg (25KB, 980x490px) Image search: [Google]
playvidya.jpg
25KB, 980x490px
>>2911017
>>
File: 1475073832333.jpg (31KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1475073832333.jpg
31KB, 380x380px
>>2910722
>see another artist with basically the same style as you, but better
>>
>>2912196
>he thinks he has a relevant style
all my fucking sides.
stop posting dunning kruger.
>>
File: 1486605795073.jpg (100KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1486605795073.jpg
100KB, 500x334px
>>2910722
I feel always more and more guilty for not drawing.
I got bored after few minutes of study, I can't draw for fun because I can't produce anything decent. There isn't anything else going in my life.
The good thing is that I don't even fear death anymore, going to end it soon
>>
>>2910722
Can we see the other artist's draw?
Or if you feel confident enough, yours?
>>
>>2912599
>stop drawing
>start contemplating suicide
I never want to know this feel
[spoiler]but at least you got a double 99[/spoiler]

>sister's friend asks me if I'm a good artist
>jokingly say I'm the best, all bravado, while pushing my sketchpad out of view
>asks if I'd want to draw her sometime
>reply only if it's in the nude
>Yeah you'd like that, perv
>scream internally when she heads back to my sister's room
>was working for maybe ten minutes before coming to the realization that she was flirting with me
>and I think I flirted back
Felt like I could crush boulders after that moment, it's a really good feeling learning a skill that I can feel confident about even when I classify myself under shit-tier, unlike vidya where I get casually embarrassed when someone sees me playing.
>>
>>2912196
Had this sort of feel a while ago.
Use it as fuel to improve and work harder, don't get down or angry about it.

Work harder and longer than them and kick their ass (metaphorically).
A little competition or having an 'art rival' is a good thing. Set a fire under your ass and draw more.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.