[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what to draw

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1483963774271m.jpg (72KB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1483963774271m.jpg
72KB, 724x1024px
how do I get over my fear of not knowing what to draw? I feel pressured that every drawing must be string practice, and not be something dumb. but I want to draw the most retarded, crazy stuff on my head. I feel like my inner kid isn't really unleashed because I'm afraid to be judged. my 14 year old brother draws his wacky ideas with no problem. what do?
>>
Just draw your crazy ideas, you'll get judged if you show it to someone, so just don't show it.

Other than that, draw things from life too.
>>
File: 1452589187239.gif (2MB, 400x319px) Image search: [Google]
1452589187239.gif
2MB, 400x319px
>>2909607
Have fun or study.

Why not both?
>>
The worst thing that you can do in art is to be derivative and unoriginal.

I'd rather see a crazy and badly drawn sketch over the 90th iteration of plastic looking videogame/anime fanart. At least the sketch amuses me while my brain tries to figure out what it is. Seeing the latter makes me feel dead inside.
>>
>>2909607
Pick an animal and an element/concept (lightning, spikes, etc.). Google image search each. Break the animal into no more than 10 simple shapes. Play around with only those while considering the element. Now make some complete sketches. Search some fitting environment photographs for reference and draw your OC donut steel Pokemon in them. Do that a few times and have them all go on adventures. Simple.

You're pressured because the idea you have in your head is disconnected from what you actually have to do to get there. Start simple and get complex. Set goals you can actually reach after 30 minutes of drawing.
>>
>>2909607
i feel the same way. My own personal experience is do half and half. For your allocated drawing time, do half what you wanna do and half serious studies.

>>2909609
for me at least what I wanna do is way out of my league.
>>
>>2909607
I'm ashamed at how hot I find this
>>
creating finished pieces is some of the best practice there is, so go for it. Then afterwards decide what sucks most about the piece(anatomy, perspective, colour) and do some regular practice to work on that.
>>
>>2909607
your brother's better than you
>>
>>2909607
it's ok to draw shit. it's not like you're practicing the trombone in an apartment with thin walls.
>>
don't waste a bunch of paint and canvasses on that. use sketchbooks for that and then try to paint out a piece once you settle on something you like. idk seems like a good idea to me at least.
>>
>>2911173
>for me at least what I wanna do is way out of my league.
But this is only temporary... why don't you try to study the things you need to be good at in order to draw what you want to draw?
I know Studying doesn't sound as pleasant as just drawing what you want to, but once you get in the mindset on enjoying the process itself more that the final result, you will have no problem at all with improving.
Also, you ARE using references, right?
>>
>>2911230
>samefag
i had a brainfart and, for whatever reason, i thought you were op, didn't even read the first half of your comment before replying.
My reply makes no sense to what you said, sorry...
>>
>>2911230
>>2911234
well as you said, that's what im doing exactly. I'm studying what is needed to achieve my end goal.
>>
>>2909607
One huge thing that helped me was getting rid of the white canvas.
I take any photo with some abstract shapes and a wide value range, then I copy and paste it a couple times on the canvas.
>>
File: 10542501974_43bc2bea0a_b.jpg (503KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
10542501974_43bc2bea0a_b.jpg
503KB, 1024x683px
Similar. I know what to draw but I have no way to give it enough substance.

Like supposing that I want to paint a store, I know the layout the composition and the perspective, but what do I fill it with?

That has nothing to do with art skills and I don't know how to choose.

I could just mindlessly copy assets from references but that doesn't adds more value to the painting right? It's just noise...
>>
God damn nice TITSSSSSSSSSS
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.