[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Using classical conditioning on yourself

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0360.jpg (976KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0360.jpg
976KB, 1200x800px
What are some examples of positive stimulus and negative stimulus I can use to condition myself to focus on learning and stop procrastinating? Anyone have any experience in this?
>>
>>2909484
The one where you set deadlines and lose something important if you miss works pretty well. Like pay someone 100$ if you miss your deadline. Or sell your vidya.
>>
>>2909484
try giving yourself some candy if you do something correctly and/or meet your deadlines

>>2909487
>Like pay someone 100$ if you miss your deadline. Or sell your vidya.
lol mr extreme here
>>
>>2909500
That's actually one of the most effective ways to sticking to a goal

https://fhww.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/stakes_sample_of_4_hour_chef.pdf
>>
>>2909484
Try finding something you don't like to do, for example I hate horror movies and if I don't hit my weekly deadline I force myself to watch one.

I'm a pussy I know but it works, you can also use small amounts of pain for shorts term deadline misses. For example using one of those gag electric pens or flicking yourself with an elastic band when you find yourself procrastinating.
>>
Only jerk off after you've [managable task]

Alternatively, start buying a snack you can't resist, and then only eat it while you're doing whatever it is you need to be doing.

Basically, link what you want to be doing up with something you're already doing.
>>
We had this thread yesterday go watch brian johnson's video on solving the procrastination puzzle then go read the book and stop being a lazy faggot
>>
>>2909484
I've considered brute forcing myself into focusing by getting an office somewhere without an internet connection, and just bringing all my references on an external HDD. I can either stare at the wall or draw.
>>
>>2909747
that is a good method from my experience with piano lessons
>>
>>2909484
join LAS

>you will try your best to keep your streak, even if it's just a useless number
>you will feel shame when seeing your art next to better lassies
>you will feel guilty for not work more than 30 mins a day
>you will either stuck in a cycle of neverending grinding or improve tremendously, this depends on you
>you will become envious of the skill of others and it will make you depressed
>you will get obsessed with views because it validates your art
>you will be made fun of by other lassies if you do shit and get praised if you do well
>you will be inclined to do better to get higher ranks in the tier list
>you will grow to hate the half-empty toothpasted lemur that ruins your life
>you will grow to love other lassies and stay with us forever

45% chance guaranteed that you will make it
>>
>>2910161
is this not worth very little to a beginner or a die hard realist though
>>
>>2910169
>die hard realist
A what
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzlKkfFJR8Q

>find a discipline within art that you want be a disciple to in order to learn art
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.