[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

drawing on the right side of the brain

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: 1471046154007.jpg (64KB, 260x285px) Image search: [Google]
1471046154007.jpg
64KB, 260x285px
am I the only one having trouble with this book? some of the materials needed are hard to find. I'm afraid to do some of the exercises because I'm afraid I won't do it right.
i cant organize a proper learning schedule for myself and everything seems so complicated. how do i properly schedule this book? should I give up? is this the only way to learn how to draw?
>>
>>2909454
bump
>>
>>2909454
This is the only way to learn how to draw. Do Four or five exercises a day. It only takes 3 days to finish.
>>
>>2909513
wow, I over analyzed it. I thought this had to be a gradual thing if you do it by yourself. I saw a guy online say he was going to challenge himself to learn 30 days. I thought 5 days was only with classes.
>>
File: 20170321_232016.jpg (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20170321_232016.jpg
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>2909513
forgot, here's my Stravinsky from the Stravinsky exercise (my notebook had no space just letting you know)
>>
File: 20170321_232037.jpg (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20170321_232037.jpg
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>2909513
and here is the knight. these were from weeks ago. I think my problem was that at some points, I didn't have the necessary materials, and also because I took my sweet time with this book. I did one exercise every few days, partially out of fear. I need to break that fear. I'm doing the hand exercise now, partially thanks to you anon
>>
Go here OP

http://drawright.com/merch-horizon/

Betty Edwards sells the materials needed herself. She even has a the whole pack including an instructional DVD
>>
Right side of the cuntfuck is a terrible reccomendation book and there is no good reason it should be reccomended for beginners

If you truly want to jump into drawing and get a strong foundation of real world skills and go at a pace most of these d/ic/ks wouldn't even dream of, I reccomend working through drawabox's lessons
>>
>>2909571
Post your work
>>
Drawing on the right side of the brain is garbage imho.
>>
File: ss+(2017-03-21+at+11.33.05).png (856KB, 597x864px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-03-21+at+11.33.05).png
856KB, 597x864px
>>2909572
>>
>>2909580
>>2909572
no baiting please, I just wanna know how a poor fag can make use of the pdf of this book to the fullest. should I organize a schedule for myself to practice this? my practice is often spur of the moment, and I don't do as much as honestly should.
>>
>>2909588
Well, if you really wanted to get better, just do one exercise multiple times day. Being consistent is more important than anything for the beginner.
>>
>>2909589
alright I'll make a schedule for the next 7 days at most. should I read the whole book then do the exercise? or do each exercise as I read? because honestly, I felt the pressure on me that I can't go on to the next part if I don't do a particular part exactly correct
>>
>>2909596
and I meant to say I was afraid if I don't understand it completely as well
>>
>>2909596
Do each exercise as you read. It's no problem if you don't get it, just do it and move on. You can always go back when you want to.
>>
>>2909604
how do I stay focused? my mind is trying to do many things (get better at drawing, read a drivers book, exercise, catch up in certain popular series, etc.) and It's pulling teeth getting myself to organize my goals. at least yesterday I was more productive with the book
>>
>>2909845
Sit down and tell yourself the next hour is reserved specifically for drawing even if all you do is sit there with paper and pencil in front of you doing nothing else but staring at it. Basically don't do other stuff and just do one thing.
>>
>>2909588
you don't use drawing on the right side of the brain to it's fullest, it's psuedoscience garbage made to push copies and classes

just 45 minutes each morning on the basic drawabox warmup alone will give you god tier lines, boxes, and forms within 3 weeks

(provided you're not a stupid cunt and don't half ass it)
>>
>>2909928
wasn't it backed by research?
>>
File: Rside_brain_resume.jpg (671KB, 615x2827px) Image search: [Google]
Rside_brain_resume.jpg
671KB, 615x2827px
>>2909454
>am I the only one having trouble with this book?

I would wonder why it was included in the Sticky, if not for his excellent reputation, considering that yes, it seems to elicit confusion and anger from many people on /ic/ who began their journey with this book - then threw it in a fire. Hell, even the Sticky admits (albeit politely) that it's full of "pseudoscience blabbering".

Yet I think that it brings something to the table.

> some of the materials needed are hard to find.

You're overthinking it. It doesn't matter if you make your Viewfinder out of a cardbox with 2 ropes attached with 4 thumbtacks.

> I'm afraid to do some of the exercises because I'm afraid I won't do it right.

This is a beginner's book. Look at examples in the book, taken from her students, some of them are terrible. Some of my drawings were terrible enough to give you nightmare. If you miss one exercise, it doesn't matter.

>i cant organize a proper learning schedule for myself and everything seems so complicated. how do i properly schedule this book? should I give up? is this the only way to learn how to draw?

Book should take you one or two weeks top, the goal should be to make you begin, it's merely a first step.
Then you have a choice. You can go deeper about the same stuff by reading Keys to Drawing, or read Fun with a Pencil and Perspective made Easy, both books address points which are barely evoked in this book.

What is your main issue with the book?
I will hazard a guess: it's the babbling of the author, who sounds like a psycho old english lady mumbling to tibetan spirits and ghostly cats.

> Picture is a way to skip all the useless talk in the book and go to the main points

Last advice, if really you feel this book isn't doing you any good, skip it and try Keys to Drawing instead: it has a clear organisation, there are resume pages at the end of each chapter, etc.
>>
#Physical Pain, BackStrain.......
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.