[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is kitsch the only truly skilled art these days?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

Is kitsch the only truly skilled art these days?
>>
File: Alex-Jones-Screenshot-800x430.jpg (42KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
Alex-Jones-Screenshot-800x430.jpg
42KB, 800x430px
>>2908911
>>
>>2908917
Take the brown pill matey
>>
>>2908917
____ ___ ________ _____ ___
>>
Roberto Ferri is kitsch & he's good
>>
>>2908911
explain to an uncultured swine what kitsch is
>>
>>2908911

Disgusting, I am midly schizophrenic and I can hallucinate the smell of shit just by looking at it. Art my ass.
>>
File: fresh waffle.jpg (37KB, 680x451px) Image search: [Google]
fresh waffle.jpg
37KB, 680x451px
>>2909433
can you smell this?
>>
>>2908911
You already know the answer is no.
>>2909128
Odd Nerdrum et al co-opted the term to describe their movement/style/group. You can Google from here, just be aware there are two separate definitions in the art world.
>>
>>2909441
Nerdrum is mostly using the term in an ironic manner, because he's painting in the style of the old masters, which modern art critics consider outdated.
>>
>>2909437

Yeah, smells nice desu. Thank you.
>>
>>2909433
That's a schizo symptom? Is that similar to touching something and tasting it?
>>
>>2909488
its not a symptom of schizophrenia, i have no idea wtf hes talking about
>>
No, also its garbage.
>>
>>2909488
>>2909493

Yeah, I probably don't have schizophrenia. Must be some weird neurological issue, sometimes I see pictures and hallucinate smells. I hear sounds in moving images and I see images in sound , gets more pronounced when I am sleep deprived or on stimulants. I've never been able to taste something by touching, no idea what that's like.
>>
>>2909506
I think you might have synesthesia
>>
>>2909511

Been reading about it and watching some videos, mine is nowhere near as cool and develop as some of the guys. When I listen to music I can see shapes in my mind that move around the rhythms and melodies that interconnect and play with each other, but it's not so strong that I would be able to play a piano just by imaging shapes like one of the dudes I watched claimed to be able to do.

So yeah, awesome superpowers. Now I can smell shit that's not even there. Weee!.
>>
File: 2016-12-20-878797.jpg (1MB, 900x1273px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-20-878797.jpg
1MB, 900x1273px
>>2909694
Does that work on stylized stuff too? What would you smell from something like this?
>>
File: 021_04.jpg (95KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
021_04.jpg
95KB, 1500x1000px
>>2909695

Smells like a mix of rusty old house, sweet candy and chicken shit. I also keep getting that smell you get from smelling pic related after you drink water from it.

It's all very faint, but it's sort of there. It also changes around and the more I focus on it, the less I smell it. Feels more like a processing issue in my brain than an extra ability, to be honest.
>>
>>2909697
Wow, that's an amazing ability. It likes your brain gave life to the image itself. I wonder how it works when you draw yourself.
>>
>>2909699

>I wonder how it works when you draw yourself.

Not sure it has any effects, honestly. Maybe in the future when I git gud it might start to reflect but right now since all I produce is garbage (just began learning perspective) I don't really see any effects of it. I can't remember ever smelling anything our of my drawings..mhm. Maybe it's because I never color my stuff.

How does it work for you when you see the imagine? No faint smells on your nose at all? It's very interesting to understand how others perceive stuff
>>
>>2909701

>image

FTFM
>>
>>2909701
I'm not really a smell kind of guy, anon. I chose that image in particular because I'm a color kind of guy. I like light, colors and overall mood. Comfy moods typically, but anything goes. So, I guess if I were to answer, it's an emotion/feeling/mood. It's always been that way for me and why I want to really get good at art already, so I can show other people what I feel.

I never would have thought it could be different for how other people perceive art. That has always been a point, but not very prevalent nowadays.
>>
>>2909704

I see, I feel I can relate in some level to you, I know I've experience those emotion before by looking at certain artworks I enjoyed. I get that feeling mostly from dreams, specially lucid ones where I can go the made up places I made for myself. But, I don't see to get that feeling from the image you posted.

I suspect I might have spoken to you before not so long ago in the /beg/ thread. I can't exactly pin point the details, but I remember you telling me the exact same thing about yearning to get good to express what you felt. If that is indeed you, I wished you luck once and I do again now.

Good luck, Anon.
>>
>>2909709
Eh, that's interesting that you don't. I guess I'll have to work extra hard to make sure you understand the feelings I mean one day.

You're right! I am that anon! Even I've completely forgotten I said that, so it's amazing to see me being mentioned. I had forgotten recently why I was doing this, but talking with you reminded me again. Thank you! I had thought you were gone like most people who pass through the beginner thread, but yet you're still here. That makes me really glad, you wouldn't even believe how happy it makes me to know.

I hope that you're still working hard at achieving the things that you want, now knowing about this extra thing you're capable of has made it even interesting to see what your world holds.

Definitely may you be blessed with good luck too, anon.
>>
>>2909506
sounds like you got a case of the gays
>>
>>2908917
>>2910122
They put something in his water.
>>
File: 1489787466179.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1489787466179.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>2910122
>>2910250
>>
>tfw the anons smell ability is a more interesting topic than the OP
>>
>>2910256
Op here. In fairness it is pretty interesting kek.
>>
>>2910256
>>2910291

I've read that LSD can cause episodes of Synaesthesia, but not always. Would be cool to experiment with it.
>>
>>2908926
It's a tough pill to swallow!
>>
>>2909449
But has now come to actually mean figurative and realistic painting in a rainnessance style with that old fashioned lighting and so on. Art critics like him though, today. Not when he started
>>
>>2910397
How do they learn to paint so well? That Roberto Ferri is Caravaggio good.
>>
>>2910948
>Roberto Ferri is Caravaggio good
Please tell me you are joking.
>>
>>2908911
She is taking a shit...
>>
>>2910992
I think he is
>>
>>2909506
>>2909694
I'm another guy with synesthesia, but in a much smaller scale than yours. I relate numbers to colors and feelings (for example, five feels blue, seven feels orange), and to a smaller scale general situations in life (sometimes I go somewhere new and inmediatly think "yeah, this place is totally yellow/green, I love it"). Sometimes it can be very annoying because if something ends up feeling red I get goosebumps
>>
>>2912008

Damn that's crazy. Can you use your ability to mix colors with numbers to do anything cool?
>>
>>2912102
I've never really tried, I don't know what I could do with it. I usually just use it as a guide on what color palette to use in certain situations.
>>
>>2912110

Man, I wish there was a way to develop synaesthesia. Specially the one where you see colors to notes from an instrument. Imagine that stuff. Composing music with colors, damn.
>>
>>2912115
Or like the other anon said, seeing shapes in music, and even playing music just from remembering shapes. They basically have musical superpowers
>>
>>2912008
What the fuck dude? Five is red, seven is blue
>>
>>2912115
You can always do acid or mushrooms. That tends to trigger synaesthesia.
It's really just a case of the brain interpreting things incorrectly, and sending visual signals to the part of the brain that processes sound, or vice versa.

On a related note, do any of you see morphing blobs of color when you close your eyes? To be clear, I'm not talking about afterimages from looking at something bright. I've always thought that this was common, but I've been asking around and a lot of people have no clue what I'm talking about, while the handful of people who also see them seem to think it's a universal trait.
>>
>>2912959
Do not believe this man's lies
Seven is 100% orange and 9 is red

>>2912969
Sometimes after closing my eyes for a while I start seeing lots of rainbow squares, as if they were zooming in. Does that count?
>>
>>2912969
Isn't that just the bacteria floating on your eyes?
>>
>>2912969
>On a related note, do any of you see morphing blobs of color when you close your eyes? To be clear, I'm not talking about afterimages from looking at something bright. I've always thought that this was common, but I've been asking around and a lot of people have no clue what I'm talking about, while the handful of people who also see them seem to think it's a universal trait.
It is a universal trait, but I think the degree to which you see it varies. As far as I know it's a mixture of afterimages (even from not all that bright things) and the fact that in an absence of light some rods and cones still fire (same reason we see visual snow at night time).

>>2912984
No you're thinking of floaters, which I believe are mostly clumps of dead cells
>>
>>2912008
I have something similar, but it's more like imagining number spatially. I see numbers as a vertical ladder with zero as the ground floor, and the months of the year as a segmented disc, with my point of view usually being at the month we're currently in, looking inwards. The starting point seems to be the middle of summer for me (probably association based on how school years work), and for some reason I always see November from the center of the disc looking outwards.
Geographically speaking, winter is to the north-east.
>>
>>2912979
>>2912984
>>2912988
I'm not talking about anything physical. I've you've seen it, it's very obvious that it's generated by your brain.
They're usually volumetric clouds that form and morph constantly, which seem to be made up of extremely small particles or pixels, with the primary colors being green, red and blue, in that order.

I tried googling it, but couldn't really find anything that looks like it. I guess the closest real life equivalent would be northern lights, but in the form of clouds or smoke.
>>
>>2912984
nah its not i thought it was to but its actually stuff floating around inside your eye that gets in the way of light. and then there are other things that are in front of blood vessles that you see as the faster moving ones , there is a youtube video about it somewhere actually.
>>
File: CEH.gif (3MB, 160x107px) Image search: [Google]
CEH.gif
3MB, 160x107px
Actually found a relatively good, animated representation of it, except mine tend to be more green, and usually end up shifting in an almost deliberate manner.
>>
>>2909433
Wait... I always thought this is normal? ; _ ;
>>
File: MonthSynesthesia.jpg (84KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
MonthSynesthesia.jpg
84KB, 720x480px
Turns out my spatial perception of months and numbers actually is synesthesia. Found this picture which is a very good representation of how I see it.
>>
>>2912008
>>2909506
I'm the same way, but largely with music. I can see colors in music, and sometimes get a hint of smell from it. Like this song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idipMrfAZHk

It smells easily like the fruity smell of water ice. Majority colors are yellow, gold, and orange.
>>
>>2912969

Yeah, I get those floating colours that swirl from the back of my vision to the center. Specially when meditating or heavily focused on something (I get them while drawing, which can be distracting sometimes). They are usually purple/green. I also see them with my eyes open, but only when heavily focused.
>>
>>2913027
huh. The first time i considered it. But the numbers between twenty and thirty give off a lot of light. ive always seen it like that.
>>
>>2913035
I've noticed that they become more intense when I mediate, until I reach a point where they seem to disappear and it just turns pitch black, which usually corresponds with a feeling of relaxation and focus.
>>
>>2908911
I feel like I can smell her shit when I look at that painting
>>
>>2912979
7 is yellow you're all faggots
>>
>>2913086
How could 7 be anything other than purple? come on!
>>
>>2913045

Yep, that's exactly what happens to me to. No idea what the fuck those are or why they happen. I tried to explain them to my cousin once, who also meditates and he says he never gets those.
>>
kitsch is what it is.And i think it will probably become more popular as the post modern trash aesthetic gets even more tired than it already is. But there are people who are amazing painters that trained with Nerdrum who are trying and sometimes succeeding in doing really interesting non kitsch things with painting. Sverre Bjertnes for one.
>>
>>2913115
Op again. What have I wrought....

Yeah the other initial followers seemed of greater potential - will check out your recommend!
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.