[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this site, would you ever recommend it to a beginner?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: 1.jpg (255KB, 1655x1053px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
255KB, 1655x1053px
Thoughts on this site, would you ever recommend it to a beginner?
>>
DrawaBox = ISIS
>>
>>2908795
If the art advertised isn't as good or better than you want to be, not worth your time
>>
File: 1489377119087.jpg (64KB, 613x522px) Image search: [Google]
1489377119087.jpg
64KB, 613x522px
Drawabox is an excellent free resource which will take you further than any other meme /ic/ recc and will give you in just 2 months what most d/ic/k faggots take years to achieve.

Don't listen to the peanut gallery that draws for 10 minutes once a month then turns to try and degrade and stop YOUR progress, you jump on drawabox and get fucking dank.

Somebody keeps shilling a design and fundies discord which I believe is centered around industrial design and drawabox, you might want to jump in there for help going through it.
>>
>>2908795
Best education I had so far. The basics are britty gud
>>
>>2908795
First time i legit learned something.
>>
>>2908806
Stop reading here, thread is over.
>>
File: 1489981340760.jpg (343KB, 700x912px)
1489981340760.jpg
343KB, 700x912px
Any bad comments on it? Please?
>>
>>2908853
uncomfortable draws heads in a slightly funny way in the human drawing lesson
>>
>>2908795
I think the guy is wrong about many things he says, but the exercises will definitely improve your work. Just don't stop doing your normal drawings from imagination along the way.
>>
>>2908806
Discord?
>>
>>2908806
>>2908881

Where is this Discord?
>>
File: 1490030647329.jpg (140KB, 521x480px) Image search: [Google]
1490030647329.jpg
140KB, 521x480px
>>2908881
>>2908901
https://discord.gg/t7qYZNY

here you go m80s
>>
>>2908806
This.

The lessons on lines, shapes, and forms alone is enough to get you well on your way to being able to draw.

It's also pretty useful in that, unlike the usual suggestions like Right Side, Loomis, and KtD it is 90% exercise focused with only a little bit of explanation to set them up.
>>
>>2908919

>Keys to Drawing, Right Side
>no exercises

KtD has AFAIK around 32 exercises packed in a short book + 8 projects for each chapter and whatever you'd like to say negative about Drawing on the Right Side, it has whole workbook dedicated to exercises and also containing 40 of them which are pretty fucking solid and handed in "just sit and do" way.

So get bend, you obviously never looked into those books. From all you mentioned, only Loomis doesn't really have exercises and is more of a reference book (which is still kinda bad at some parts, see how he draw lighted sphere in "Figure Drawing for All Its Worth").
>>
>>2908795
First time I could really feel myself improving, much recommended.

Don't take his advice on figure drawing 'cause he sucks at it, but the structure and the exercises are really, really good.
>>
>>2909075
what's a good alternative to loomis? asking as a beginner.
>>
>>2909134
Hampton's Figure Drawing is a pretty good intro to simplifying human figures.
>>
>>2909134

You have to ask yourself if you even want to apply construction to your figures. I would personally say - don't do that. Just copy figures, from IRL or photos/film stills, that way you won't get stiff figures like 99% of guys who do Loomis.
>>
Is Drawabox any good for intermediates or is it only helpful to beginners?
>>
>>2909282
I've heard you should stop after the animal part, he seems to have half-assed it with humans.
>>
>>2909282
imo it's very good for intermediates. he sucks a bit at anatomy, but is great for learning construction.
>>
>>2908853
His boxes aren't drawn correctly, which is ironic considering the name of the course, and a lot of his explanations just don't make any sense to me.
>>
File: artist_wip.jpg (150KB, 639x884px) Image search: [Google]
artist_wip.jpg
150KB, 639x884px
His art is very mediocre. The first 2 lessons are good though, help you get the mechanical aspect of drawing down.
>>
File: Iwasbored.jpg (514KB, 1276x884px) Image search: [Google]
Iwasbored.jpg
514KB, 1276x884px
>>2910192
>>
>>2909273

Found the retard
>>
>>2910218

not an improvement. sorry.
>>
>>2910218
That actually looks nice. The face is much more appealing due to the slight trimming of the cheeks and it doesn't "jump out" at you as much

But the file name makes you sound like an egotistical asshole
>>
>>2910218
I like it. I'd say the best version is a happy medium between the two but I'm leaning towards your version more. A+ good job
>>
>>2910192
>his self portrait from when he was still in school in 2012 or 2013
I'd say that is more a reflection of his lack of self esteem which is obvious with all the self bashing he does, if he didn't know how to draw anime tiddies he'd have probably off'd himself by now desu

also
>implying everything except the human anatomy chapters aren't good
>implying that he isn't constantly reworking the curriculum as he himself gets better and produces better and more straightforward tutorials

you did one page out of the first lesson and went straight back to drawing on the right side of the brain didn't you
>>
>>2910240
even if you don't think the style is better, he's definitely better looking in the second one
>>
Drawabox is the #1 beginner's resource. It is what you should learn before anything else. Minus the anatomy shit.

After that, I recommend heading over to NMA to further cut your teeth.
>>
>>2910529
>you did one page out of the first lesson and went straight back to drawing on the right side of the brain didn't you
I did the first two lessons, hothead, not just the first one. They're good as I said, though he's not very good at explaining stuff. I have never done Drawing on the Right Side of the Vagina, Keys to Drawing is better.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.