[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it possible to draw for 24 hours straight?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: anime-girl-questionmark.jpg (176KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
anime-girl-questionmark.jpg
176KB, 1280x1024px
is it possible to draw for 24 hours straight?
>>
why not
>>
>>2908189
You could, doesn't mean you'll learn anything 8 hours in.

The brain needs time to rest.
>>
>>2908189
Maybe if you're really disciplined and can push through pain like wall sits, because pain is a thing even in drawing.
>>
>>2908189
Using meth
>>
>>2908189

With the help of stimulants, maybe. One wonders why would you, though?
>>
>>2908281
behind on studying.
>>
>>2908296

Pretty sure sleep deprivation fucks with your cognition for a week or so. I don't think it's worth it man. Just do 8 to 12 hous a day and have a good night sleep.
>>
>>2908189
No. exhaustion, muscle pain, posture pain, hunger, sleep deprivation, loss of focus, your eyes burning... One of these is bound to force you to stop by 6 hours max.
>>
>>2908189
it is but there is a point where your body can't keep up so your decision making skills will suffer and drawing will be pointless

Whenever I'm working too intensively on a piece and start to feel sleepy I keep going until I feel like my brain can't keep up and go to bed to recharge or else I'll start feeling frustrated and make shitty decisions.
>>
>>2908366

Listen to this guy OP. You need to draw with your head and not your hands if you want to actually learn something.
>>
Well, you can't draw if you're dead or deprived of basic health needs, sleeping being a vital one.

Does that answer your question, anon?
>>
>>2908193
Because you'll fuck your hand up and start cramping way before hour 12...
>>
>>2908296

You're 90% wasting your time after probably 8-10 hours. You'd be better served stopping then, getting sleep, then resuming the next day.
>>
>>2908189
why do you guys keep asking dumb irrelevant questions?
are you retarded? autistic? what's the deal?
>>
>>2908189
“Practice as much as you feel you can accomplish with concentration. Once when I became concerned because others around me practiced all day long, I asked [my professor] how many hours I should practice, and he said, ‘It really doesn’t matter how long. If you practice with your fingers, no amount is enough. If you practice with your head, two hours is plenty.’”

— Nathan Milstein, violinist
>>
>>2909040
>tfw just working the hands and not the head
How does one use their head?
>>
>>2909042
>Tfw under 130 iq
>Has to ask silly questions
>>
>>2909220
B-but teacher said there are no dumb questions!
>>
>>2909042
>>2909224

Instead of doodling around with your mind set on silence, select a subject matter you don't understand and analyze it, comprehend it and experiment with it, as if you were doing a scientific experiment. Critical thinking is the key to learning, just moving the arm is not good enough.

Do the hardcore shit no one wants to do, Anatomy, perfectly render perspective construction with calculated cast shadows, experiment hard with composition on thumbnails...etc
>>
File: 1266881306695.jpg (27KB, 576x384px) Image search: [Google]
1266881306695.jpg
27KB, 576x384px
I had to draw for 28hrs straight (with brief breaks for toilet and food) to get work in on a deadline once. I do not recommend it. By the time lunchtime comes around your eyes are searing with pain, you're dangerously close to nodding off asleep and every line becomes a chore. You'll also hate the work, and in some cases not even recognize it days later
>>
>>2909374
So this is what it feels to make it
>>
>>2909374

assuming this is true, how much did they pay you? i'd have to be paid extremely generously to put myself through that kind of torture.
>>
>>2909378
In comics, sure

>>2909379
Why would I lie about it? My page rate was $100 per page, which is a standard beginner rate in the industry. I lost all my lead-time on that particular issue and had to nail 22pg in 3 weeks, shit was intense
>>
>>2909385
Is it worth it mate
>>
>>2909387
I'm still a relative nobody but I'm getting to do my dram job so yeah so far. I can only work up to better money and better gigs anyway, I'm fine with starting off rough for a while

Saying that my life has never experienced such a huge turnaround, so it's a bit of a shock to the system
>>
>>2908189
It is possible and also extremely unhealthy.
>>
>>2909391
I love hearing about this kind of stuff. I'd love to shadow someone in an animation studio for a day just to get a feel for what it's like.
>>
>>2908189
I've drawn for 19 hours straight for a streaming thing. Took two 15 minutes breaks but otherwise literally drew the entire time. Wouldn't do something like that very often.

There's a point where you continue drawing but you're not making the best marks or design choices. If you're making you're drawing worse because you're exhausted then its best to stop and rest and go at it again later or you'll ruin whatever you're working on.

6-7 hours in a day is usually the most I can do before I stop drawing 'productively' and just start shitting on my art.

Doing 3 hours of art consistently every day is better than someone who works 12 hours one day a week.
>>
>>2909385
How did you get into comics? Or really any advice you can give about doing them.
I work in illustration/game dev but comics is something I've wanted to start doing for a while now.
>>
>>2908195
/thread

I wouldn't do it unless its 24 hours of getting an endless stack of commi$$ions done
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.