[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it so much easier to browse the Internet, rather than

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: C7QgWPpUwAAkZkx.jpg (26KB, 534x395px) Image search: [Google]
C7QgWPpUwAAkZkx.jpg
26KB, 534x395px
Why is it so much easier to browse the Internet, rather than draw, or do any other productive hobby?
Do I have an internet addiction?
>>
>>2907910
it's mindless/effortless
>>
You're putting off your long term reward (Being great at drawing and having the ability to communicate your thoughts onto media) for the short term reward of putting off the pain of how bad/hard *you think* the task is gonna be.

You need to either just start, or make some pre-decisions to help you flow over all this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW0JtF7ZcMw
embed related, read the actual book if you get the chance
>>
File: ManInTheMirror.jpg (48KB, 400x285px) Image search: [Google]
ManInTheMirror.jpg
48KB, 400x285px
>>2907910

The answer to your question is "Why?" which is kind of a rabbinic answer but bear with me for a minute.

Why are you browsing internet right now?
If you answer sincerely this question... and no, "I'm browsing /ic/ to finally find THAT book above all other books and become gud fast" isn't a sincere answer... if you answer sincerely, you can easily see if you're wasting your time or if it just happens that right now you're too tired to do the things you should better be doing right now.

You're cheating the man in the glass, Anon.
>>
>>2907935

Yeah, mindless browsing is no different than eating take out junk food instead of cooking your own.
>>
>>2907910
Are you saving reference images, locales and characters for sketchbooks that are yet to arrive?
>>
>>2907935
excellent video
>>
Start using the pomodoro method to balance work and play. If you really struggle with discipline then maybe consider using an internet manager like Leechblock, Stayfocused or Self Control.
>>
>>2908045

Do you know good software for planing, schedule and reminders? I suck extremely bad a remembering my paths, and often find myself so dived and focused into one subject that I emerged a week after completely lost on what's next. Kinda silly.
>>
>>2908054
I just use the reminders app on my iPhone for that sort of things. However, a quick google gave me these suggestions:

>Calendar Apps
Fantastical (iOS)
Google Calender
iCal (Mac)
Outlook (PC)
Sunrise

>To-Do Apps
Anydo
Chains.cc
Checkvist
Good Habits
Google Keep
Google Tasks
Habit RPG
Habitmint
MinimaList
Nozbe
Productive
ProjectMinimal
Remember the Milk
Reminders for iOS
Tickmate
TickTick
Todoist
Trello
Wunderlist

>Time Tracking
ProcrastiTracker

These were all taken from the getdisciplined [spoiler]reddit[/spoiler] sticky so it might be worth venturing over there yourself.
>>
File: 1465026829388.jpg (123KB, 807x861px)
1465026829388.jpg
123KB, 807x861px
>>2907910
Well I mean of course it's easier, browsing the internet requires no effort. You can do it mindlessly, you can't do that with art though. Well...you can but mindless practise is useless.
>>
>>2907910
Oh hey, someone exactly like me.

Honestly our problem is that we're little bitches with no self-discipline and short attention spans. Something along those lines.

We look at what the other Anons advise us, and we say to ourselves, "Yeah, I'll do that, *later*." But we know deep down inside that 'later' will never come, because we're little bitches with no self-discipline and short attention spans.
>>
Media flies at the speed of light online,and it draws you in and overwhelms. Subconsciously you worry you might be missing something, the Coolest Something, and you wander aimlessly looking for where it might be. But you forget that there is a place no one else can go but you for the Amazing things you want:your own head. Keep that in mind and draw
>>
>>2907935
>read the actual book if you get the chance
I'll get right on that...
>>
>>2907910
Dont worry bro. I didn't even start drawing
>>
>>2907910
Because lazy
>>
make this your only board and forbid yourself from visiting social media

Yeah you can shitpost here but the board is so slow you'll get bored and go back to drawing
>>
>>2908078

Sorry for the late response, thank you so much man.
>>
>>2907910
try using leechblock
>>
>>2912300
The hell is leechblock?
>>
>>2914461
A firefox add-on that allows you to block websites during certain days and/or times. Pretty useful.
>>
>>2915357
I've used add ons like that before. it always feels like bdsm. makes me want to browse 4chan more tbf.
>>
>>2915394
never gonna make it
>>
>>2915394
What you need is self-discipline: Whip yourself whenever you slack off.
>>
>>2917312
yup
>>
>>2907910
Because you have zero self control and find more pleasure in doing things that take no effort or thought and are immediately gratifying instead of things whose results/rewards may not be fully seen for months/years
>>
>>2921908
Let's be honest here, 90% of the world is like that.
>>
could do this maybe?

www.businessinsider.com/this-guy-hired-someone-to-slap-him-in-the-face-every-time-he-got-on-facebook-2012-10
>>
>>2921934
>everytime i slack off i cut myself
>after several years my hand falls off
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.