[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he right?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

File: 1477793981789.png (46KB, 985x398px) Image search: [Google]
1477793981789.png
46KB, 985x398px
Is he right?
>>
>>2907438
No, just ignorant
>>
File: DoYourFundies.jpg (169KB, 696x1147px) Image search: [Google]
DoYourFundies.jpg
169KB, 696x1147px
No.
>>
>>2907441
That actually doesn't look too bad though
>>
>>2907441
I have the sudden inclination to stop shitposting and go back to drawing
>>
File: 1445123841888.gif (3MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
1445123841888.gif
3MB, 286x258px
>>2907441
>>
>>2907438

No, what a fucking pathetic excuse. It's obvious by the tone of the message that he doesn't believe his own crap.
>>
>>2907441
oh dear
>>
I feel like I need to purge my hard drive now.
>>
Wow. What a sensitive *BEEP*!
>>
File: 1487369501737.jpg (14KB, 261x217px) Image search: [Google]
1487369501737.jpg
14KB, 261x217px
>>2907438
>*BLEEPing*
>>
File: what.png (251KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
251KB, 500x375px
>>2907444
>>2907441
>>
>>2907438
are you a *BEEP*ing perfectionist, /ic/?
>>
>>2907438

Man, I am so happy to be an autistic, beeping perfectionist obsessed with getting good when I see people like that. Imagine living this guy's life, so much laziness, and self-reassurance so your ego doesn't break in half.

Just put in the work hours, bitch!
>>
>>2907438

Kind of? He's right while being completely wrong at the same time.

You only need a basic understanding of anatomy to be able to draw cartoons at an "adequate" level, as in it doesn't look like the scribbles of an autistic child. And spending some time just creating can only help cement what you know and what you don't know.

Learning what you don't know comes from deliberate practice. But in order to really get that in your head you have to go for broke and create something.
>>
>>2907542

Also, striving for perfection can end up causing you to not do shit and shitpost all day on image forums because of the perceived inability to come close to perfection. Personally I find that those who improve the most have the mindset of "I made some mistakes here, let me work on those for a bit then go try something else and repeat the cycle" rather than "I need to perfect anatomy before I can draw heavily stylized waifus or muscle bound cape comics."

Honestly there's never a 100% correct answer and we can spend forever arguing shit.
>>
>>2907512
is he a robot beep boop
>>
>>2907548
good post
>>
>>2907438
Why are you dragging up random DA shit from 2011?
>>
>>2907438
Firstly I'm gonna need context. Why is crazymoto asking that question? Did Mattokenzi take a stance about not wanting to study anatomy or something? I can only assume that's the case but it would be helpful if we could see all of it so we fully know what we're basing our discussion on.

But yes, if you just draw for fun you shouldn't have make rules. If you do it for fun and people like it, good for you. Some people enjoy getting praise and if you like getting praise from people who don't know any better then that's fine. Personally I'd hate it if I drew the same things over and over or if I drew like a 12 year old when I'm 24, but if that's what you want to do then I'm not gonna stop you.

But learn anatomy because learning new stuff is fun. Yes, it's difficult at first but after a while you get the hang of it and finally you understand it. Learning anatomy is incredibly helpful and not saying that you want to do it is like saying "I don't want to improve". And if you don't want to improve, fine, don't.
>>
>>2907441
>tfw you will never be a 8 elemental oul tudent
>>
Not everyone aspires to be Fengpupenko

If he wants to muck about doing fuck all then let him
>>
>>2907438
No of course he's not right. And you should know he's not right if you've lurked here or anywhere else art related long enough.

ALL cartoons are stylised but the only way to stylise something in a deliberate and desirable manner is to actually know what the bloody thing actually looks like and then go from there

Take something like Johnny bravo. Observe the hands of the cartoon characters. You see how they have subtle references to realistic anatomy? That's stylisation with knowledge and control.
>>
Depends what you're trying to achieve in life. If someone wants to draw fat cardboard people, who am I to stop them? If someone enjoys drawing like a child, I don't think they're inherently wrong. They're only wrong if they wish to be better but don't improve because it's easier not to. If he has any desire to improve, even a bit, he is in the wrong. If he's truthful, and enjoys drawing like a child, then he is right. Why waste your time judging people who want to draw like a child, when you can use that time for your own self-improvement?
>>
File: lonk.jpg (87KB, 400x604px) Image search: [Google]
lonk.jpg
87KB, 400x604px
his """style"""" reminds me of that /d/ hentai where the girls turn into horse humans
>>
"drawing for fun"
Fucking normie
>>
File: 1489727763342.jpg (343KB, 1446x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489727763342.jpg
343KB, 1446x1080px
>>2907438
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.