[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Made it" without a degree

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Tell me your experiences.
>>
I work as a freelance animator and illustrator and do not even finish graphic design degree.
You do not need degrees
>>
show your works
>>
>"making it without degree"
OP probably doesn't even know that less than 15% of art school graduates get employed in the industry, with the rest all going to work as latte servers whereas real nigga self taught people fill up the rest of the industry
>>
>traditional art 1 year
>design and illustration 1 year
>3d, vfx vocational college 2 years
got a job 3 months after finish. worked with pc and mobile, currently some kind of senior artist, expat in asia.

ex classmates most in aaa, hbo tv effects, hollywood movies. couple went to arch vis and indie.

about 25% sperglords drops out or fails to finish (or learn). remaining 90% all got jobs. ama
>>
Can you get any jobs with a visual arts painting major? Going to uni next year and am worried of never getting a job with art. I'm planning on extrapolating whatever I learn to digital art
>>
>>2906975
I took a graphic design class at a shitty technical school where I learned how shitty modern image editing programs work. In my day you could draw lines and fill them with the paintbucket without having to do anything fancy.
>>
>>2908868
Go to trade school/comm college first and get a pliable trade before you sink yourself 80k in debt like a stupid nigger
>>
>>2908906
I'm not in the US anon. The school I'm looking forwards to is a public art university with very good reputation, I only need to pay for the materials and books (unless I get a scholarship, then I only have to pay 50% of those). I doubt all that costs $80K dollars
>>
>>2908800
is this up to date though?
>>
File: 1478291369455.png (119KB, 225x227px) Image search: [Google]
1478291369455.png
119KB, 225x227px
I am in a graphics design school atm. I could literally "make it" without the school, but thus far it's been fun experience in a way that it shows how to work in the industry, not just drawing shit 24/7.

Also when I get my degree, I could get a job in the industry anytime I want, but I just want to work as a sort of a freelancer who draws and designs shit for people.

Also I am one of the oldest ones in my class with the biggest age difference being 7 years. Shouldn't have wasted my time in college, I could've gone to this school straight away after getting papers from primary school
>>
>art degree

lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXpwAOHJsxg
>>
I'm a freelance comic artist, currently working for one of the non-Marvel/DC publishers in the US. I did a year long apprenticeship with an established pro before I got my foot in the door, but other than that my only college experience was;

>1yr of an introductory animation course, didn't pursue further cos animating sucks ass
>1yr of a 2yr illustration course (dropped out)
>1month storyboarding course, realized I'd be working in mostly preschool shit so said fuck that

I'd been working non-art jobs since I left education five years ago and only doing art as a side-thing up until now
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.