[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

which route should I go?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 16

which route should I go?
>>
Right is much more interesting in every way than airbrushed cookie cutter ass 'n tittays.
>>
Left obviously

You can't beat the dick
>>
>>2906498
Both.

Wax on wax off, faggot.
>>
>>2906506
gonna have to disagree with you there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6xBpsiSy_k
>>
>>2906498
what's the difference? they're both just paintings of girls.
>>
File: ic.jpg (200KB, 961x385px) Image search: [Google]
ic.jpg
200KB, 961x385px
>>
>>2906498

To paint right you must first be able to do left. You can't break the rules before you know them.
>>
>>2906512
But the left one is fucking weeaboo cosplayshite for likes from degenerates. I posted a photo study on Level Up recently & got 200 likes & it felt sooo good, but the pics above & below me (which got more) were degenerate as fuck. wot do senpai?
>>
>>2906516
watch yourself on all that edge pedant.

Also this is sort of my point/rage. this whole board is covered in anime shite.
>>
>>2906498
what do you mean? should you draw epic world of war craft boobie girls or someone with a bashed in face? where are you starting from? if you're idea is that you're going to mimic either style and have it look just like that you're mistaken.
>>
>>2906522
>>2906527
what makes anime girl different than beat up girl?

someone with a genius art mind tell me other than stylistically how one differs from the other?

Without resorting to subjectivity.
>>
>>2906517
what elf ears? I must check out the Proko on top ten ways to bean them...

I like guys like Jeremy Mann & recently trawled through Soey Milk's catalogue. They seem to exist around the border of this divide. I often find people I admire on Artstation then they'll sudden they'll be a shite aliens tribute or something. I also love aliens/akira/star wars whatever, but is i useful to include it in art? All of that stuff is already itself derivative.
>>
>>2906503
>not liking ass and titties
What are you, a fag?
>>
>>2906498
My dick says left, but my brain says left. Go for both
>>
>>2906538
The bashed in face girl is 'comparitivly' original. It also expresses itself on a more visceral emotive level. The elf ear-boob girl is really only one step up from the toilet door symbol - the prime/base form of a female.

But the elf will get a fuck ton more likes, especially at the sort of skill levels I'm at.
>>
>>2906549
erm, I think you dick over rode your brain there matey.
>>
pic related confuses the shit out of me. I fucking love it, but it's also fan boy movie nothing.
>>
File: 1484531895193.png (41KB, 1280x1483px) Image search: [Google]
1484531895193.png
41KB, 1280x1483px
>>2906498
your own
>>
File: 1489860972850.jpg (254KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1489860972850.jpg
254KB, 707x1000px
You can do both, if you try hard enough.
>>
Which do you like more, OP?

And ultimately a question you will need to confront in regards to your desired audience is whether you want to be a people's (or as /ic/ puts it 'normies') artist or an artist's artist. There is lots of art that artists appreciate considerably more than non-artists, and vice versa.

/ic/ will shit on 'pandering to normies' but /ic/'s opinion isn't worth anything 90% of the time anyway, the only time it should be a problem for you is if you're forcing yourself to do stuff you're not interested in in order to get likes on tumblr. If you're drawing what you like and normies like it, that's a good thing regardless of what sort of stuck-up elitism /ic/ will ram down your throat.
>>
>>2906565
Who is this and what did you mean
>>
>>2906558
>fan boy movie nothing
what
>>
File: 1489860904870.jpg (769KB, 2480x3507px) Image search: [Google]
1489860904870.jpg
769KB, 2480x3507px
>>2906569
The character is Lotte from Little Witch Academia.
I have no idea who the fanartist is. Google only returns a pintrest result that's in moon.
I meant that you can make something kinda artsy without going out of your way to make it grungy, edgy, or unsexy.
>>
>>2906566
good fucking points.

ic/ is my acting friend-sim on this. I've got (a few) friends but no art friends. The void of internet likes is probably the best feedback I can hope for.

It seems to get good, you need to pic a subject & stick to it - hopefully something that eventually expresses something new. But how to resist the temptation to paint a sick female optimus prime? Also 'true' artists seem to live a very culturally pure life. I don't seem them binging on Taboo & Tumblring Hardy fan art. It's quite hard to surround yourself with good art. while elf-tits are everywhere.

Also I do like alot of that stuff, Applibot etc.
>>
>>2906566
>it's still possible for you to make it drawing anime
Whew
>>
>>2906574
other stuff (noir etc)->Alphaville->Bladerunner->fan art

why not use the skill to paint something original, like a bashed in face or whatever.

itsnotabashedinfaceitsabirthmarkbtw
>>
>>2906498
Dude, art is an idea, remember?
Subject matter and style only serve as tools, so asking
>which route should I go
is like asking whether you should be right wing or left wing.
Nobody can tell you what to think and how to feel, you have to decide for yourself.
>>
>>2906588
that is some hippy shit.
>>
>left
Work for chink gaming companies
>right
Work for (???)
>>
>>2906606
Thyself
>>
File: ResidentSleeper.gif (989KB, 300x170px) Image search: [Google]
ResidentSleeper.gif
989KB, 300x170px
>>2906611
>>
File: 1395086136337.jpg (886KB, 1200x813px) Image search: [Google]
1395086136337.jpg
886KB, 1200x813px
Both.
>>
>>2906632
Must be lucky to even get hired for both jobs
>>
>>2906632
That's pretty inspiring
>>
>>2906503
No, it's not. It's every bit as generic and cookie cutter. It's basically one of the default go-to clichés if you want to pretend to be artistic.
>>
>>2906606
>right
don't have a job
>>
>>2906498
I think the one on the right is much more appealing to look at, due to it's use of soft & hard edges.

I think it would be very interesting to see what you would create if you painted something in the style of the left image, BUT with the different edge qualities from the right, and less sharp/stiff edges overall.
>>
>>2906827
The right one is drawn by some feminist cunt, so she has a job based purely on her political conviction.
>>
>>2906965
>she has a job based purely on her political conviction.
Topkek. She's one of the top fine artists in the world. Her work is exceptionally skillful and visually interesting while also having a message behind it. Whether or not you agree with her is irrelevant, but she certainly is bringing a lot to the table and her position and fame are well deserved.
>>
>>2906498
why not both :^)
>>
>>2906632
damn
>>
>>2906498
Right.

One of the worst sins as an artist is to be unoriginal and the left looks as generic it gets. I know stuff like the rights been done too but it definitely has a spark of interest
>>
>>2906719
objectively incorrect. If they are both overdone the left is by FAR more over done than the right. This isn't even up for debate.
>>
>>2907108
The left is done more often because it happens to be something that is used in entertainment products, thus thousands of artists are being paid to come up with iterations of the left image. There is nothing original about the image on the right, something having no demand in the commercial art industry doesn't automatically make it original and creative.
>>
what's the difference?
>>
File: 1466210505450.jpg (127KB, 474x509px) Image search: [Google]
1466210505450.jpg
127KB, 474x509px
>>2907218
Objective truth.
>>
Sexy asian chick with big boobs vs boring feminist bullshit.
I wonder
>>
>>2906632
do you know the artists actual name?
>>
>>2907638
Takehito Harada I think since it's the main artist of the Disgaea serie (pic on the right).
>>
>>2906582
Read a fucking. Book nigga, I also had period when I thought cliche thing are the best, then you realize, that most normies dont give a shit about you as an artist, but cultured people are inspired by your shit and then they go do something cool
>>
>>2907218
>something having no demand in the commercial art industry doesn't automatically make it original and creative.
>commercial art industry
There's no such thing as an non-commercial art industry. The implication of an industry suggests commerce. If you're talking about the illustration vs fine art markets then you'd also be incorrect about Jenny Saville having no demand for illustrative purposes considering that her work has been used in such a fashion, pic related. I'd also add, which artists would you say paint like Jenny Saville? I'm not a huge fan of her work, but she does have her own unique look, when you see a Saville painting, you'd know who the artist was. You can't say the same for the anime work on the left.
>>
>>2908595
>You can't say the same for the anime work on the left.
You can. More important the artist who draw left picture don't try to be unique and it's study. If he start drawing mutilated corpses from thousand references from google and models he will become unique for you too. Big deal
>Jenny Saville having no demand for illustrative purposes considering that her work has been used in such a fashion, pic related
She paint picture and someone interested to use it as cover. Pretty common thing
>>
>>2908595
How many artists are being commissioned to draw artsy portraits of beat up girls? How many artists are being commissioned to draw sexy fantasy chicks? The demand for sexy fantasy chicks is a thousand times higher in the commercial art field, thus you see this particular subject far more often.
>>
>>2908619
>More important the artist who draw left picture don't try to be unique and it's study.
You can make commercial fantasy art and still have a unique look. Frank Frazetta, Craig Mullins, and Jon Foster all have their own styles of illustrative works. The person in OP's example does not.
>>2908629
Right but you can still create a unique style as an illustrator. The examples I used above clearly show that. Regardless of the subject matter, the example in OP's pic is still a generic look whether they made pictures of beat up girls or sexy fantasy chicks. It's not the subject matter that makes it generic, it's their style.
>>
>>2908642
>Craig Mullins
>unique look
>>
File: 40e6168f0bb132405f178eab8347b29f.jpg (166KB, 1086x927px) Image search: [Google]
40e6168f0bb132405f178eab8347b29f.jpg
166KB, 1086x927px
>>2908647
Mullins was really the first to mix impressionistic, digital strokes in photoshop to depict fantasy art. He's been ripped off dramatically but he's really the source of it. Not the most original artist who's ever lived but compared to OP's pic, Mullins does have his own voice.
>>
>>2906550
your pretentiousness indicates me you're shit at art, and are still far from starting to make money from it

pleb
>>
File: o.jpg (46KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
46KB, 1440x900px
>>2906498
The one you want to. Both have their merits.
>>
>>2908647
It was unique until he was copied endlessly for nearly two decades. A huge portion of digital artists have been influenced by him either directly or indirectly. He also came up with and explored so many avenues and ways of making digital art that were never done before, at least not to the extent he did.
>>
>>2906506
>You can't beat the dick
but with the left option, that's exactly what you're going to do
>>
>>2908835
Is she 'our' girl?
>>
>>2908905
kek
>>
>>2906580
this is the artist

https://twitter.com/yisaotrane8416
>>
Left is for tasteless fucking plebs with more dick than brain. The cancer of internet art.
>>
>>2909413
I'd argue that trying to capture the beauty of the female form is a nobler pursuit than trying to capture just how goddamn artistic you are with a generic and pretentious style.
>>
>>2909586
Nice gymnastics.
>>
>>2909590
No gymnastics involved.
Right image is arrogance made into a painting. Terrible.
>>
File: heh.jpg (257KB, 697x497px) Image search: [Google]
heh.jpg
257KB, 697x497px
>>2909592
kek
>>
>>2909592
>im a contrarian dickhead: the post

Right and mullins is a hack and illustrat is an underrated genius
>>
>>2909413
Art snobs are really funny. They will eat any pretentious kitsch.
>according to interviews Saville collected thousand reference of sick, burned and dying people
>still using life models for every painting
Real High Art. Someone should start draw deep artistic gore.
>>
>>2909751
>it's the "accuse everyone here of being a snob" poster
off yourself
>>
>>2906498
Right because I like Manic Street Preachers
>>
>>2909756
>"Left is for tasteless fucking plebs with more dick than brain. The cancer of internet art."

>it's the "accuse everyone here of being a snob" poster

nice
>>
>>2906498
right is just a portrait with heavily usage of reference and shit.

go with left OP
>>
How is that the shittier looking thumbnail the shittier the posts and thread is?
>>
>>2909761
>>"Left is for tasteless fucking plebs with more dick than brain. The cancer of internet art."
>>it's the "accuse everyone here of being a snob" poster
>nice
nice
>>
>>2909790
We're visualist not writers.
>>
>>2906498
Why not both?

Paint sexy bloodied girls in a painterly style :)
>>
>>2906600
That is some condescending shit. What's wrong about contemplating on your own position before asking others of it?
>>
>>2906498
sauce on left?
>>
Jenny Saville isn't even that interesting like there are 10 other famous artists at least that have an almost exactly the same style
>>
I think we should all kill ourselves while we can.
>>
>>2913797
why did this make me laugh so goddamn hard?
>>
>>2913863
Because you think death and suicide are funny subjects. You are an awful person.
>>
>>2913863
i read it in a concerned mom voice
>>
>>2908905
Painting traps seems like the ultimate ic form
>>
>>2908619
>If he start drawing mutilated corpses from thousand references from google and models he will become unique for you too. Big deal
Clearly you underestimate the copy business of Asian art. You have no clue how difficult it is to do something unique.
>>
>>2909751
>>according to interviews Saville collected thousand reference of sick, burned and dying people
>>still using life models for every painting
are you implying her art is less worth because she uses refs?

what the fuck kind of amateur are you?
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.