[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

drawing on the right side of the brain

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 9

File: 20170318_181834.jpg (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20170318_181834.jpg
1MB, 1080x1920px
I was only able to make a shitty viewfinder out of thin fragile plastic.
when I did the drawing hand exercise from the book, it kept bending.
what do?
I have no window panes to use for a true viewfinder, but I also want to do the exercises from the book
>>
>>2904931
buy acetate paper,
thick enough to not bend, and really cheap
>>
>>2904939
where do you find them? and what can I do on the meantime?
I wanna hurry up and improve my drawing skills.
should I just make do with my flimsy plastic?
>>
>>2904931
You should just buy a premade grid viewfinder
>>
>>2904931
any picture frames? or windowed boxes?
>>
File: viewfinder.jpg (23KB, 179x192px) Image search: [Google]
viewfinder.jpg
23KB, 179x192px
>>2904931

May I suggest a simple do-it-yourself solution?

Cut a panel in a cardboard, put four Thumbtacks in it to hold 2 tiny ropes. Done.

It's cheap, but remember that this tool is just to help you in your beginnings.
>>
>>2905105
but some if the exercises I need to draw on the viewfinder
>>
Isn't Keys to Drawing better than Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain?

Anyway >>2904966 you can probably find them in a office supplies store, that's where I find them anyway.
>>
>>2905656
>Isn't Keys to Drawing better than Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain?
Yes.

If you're messing around with some kindergarten diy tools instead of just learning the measuring techniques and drawing, you've been meme'd.
>>
>>2904931
fuck those books, get this. Use bargues if you can't get a cast. Or get a cheap garden gnome and spraypaint it matte white.

Those books are a watered-down version of this.

Don't forget to supplement with construction, ala scott robertson.
>>
File: 5_modifiedcontourdrawing.jpg (53KB, 645x345px) Image search: [Google]
5_modifiedcontourdrawing.jpg
53KB, 645x345px
>>2905632

I can only remember one exercise needing that.

I simply drew the lines directly on the transparent paper. Here's a picture.

Alternatively, put a transparent paper on top of the ropes, it will be attached by the the thumbtacks too.

>>2905656

Dotrsotb should take you one to two weeks top. It's mostly to get you started and to convince you that you can make it.
I would advise to skip the exercises about colors if you have the new Dotrsotb (Chapter 11).

Keys to Drawing is a different kind of beast, it goes more in depths and will take you more time. The first exercises are somehow similar (drawing your shoes instead of your hands) but it continues where Dotrsotb stops, and for a long time.

Every chapter of Keys ends with a one page resume of the whole chapter. Skim through them and you'll get a fair idea of what you're going to find in the book.
>>
fuck all this shit, just watch accuracy by dorian iten
>>
File: give me strength.jpg (4KB, 185x123px) Image search: [Google]
give me strength.jpg
4KB, 185x123px
do you own a portable telephone device fitted with a digital camera? Use that.
No?
Use rigid plastic instead of your flimsy shit. You can use a cassette tape case, since you're stuck in the fucking 80s.
>>
>>2906483
I'm supposed to draw on it tho, the exercises required I use a marker to make temporary drawings on it. I did that but I was able to feel my hand underneath it
>>
>>2907337

Do you realise how much of a useless faggot you sound?
>>
File: 1489248391459.jpg (39KB, 500x299px) Image search: [Google]
1489248391459.jpg
39KB, 500x299px
>>2908102
says the guy not giving advice and throwing insults as if I did him wrong.
>>
>>2908137
To be honest you're doing wrong.
That looks impractical as fuck you should look up for another method instead of using something so badly done.
>>
File: 1490047769556.jpg (21KB, 425x256px) Image search: [Google]
1490047769556.jpg
21KB, 425x256px
>>2907337

There's a simpler method. You take a non permanent marker. Non permanent. This is important. You've been warned.

Next, you try to find in your appartment one of those things called a window. You open it and put your hand on the other side. That's all. Hard and transparent surface.

Bonus, if someone asks wtf you're doing, you can watch that pleb and says
> The mind of a genius is too pure for paper
This isn't something you can says that often.
>>
File: spengbab 002.png (3MB, 996x1557px) Image search: [Google]
spengbab 002.png
3MB, 996x1557px
>>2908137
completely irrelevant but i wanted to try out my new pens
>>
>>2908289
you know what, that doesn't sound bad
>>2908138
you're right
>>2908322
neat sketch, what pens you got?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.