[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Artwork/Critique

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0163.jpg (873KB, 2448x2346px)
IMG_0163.jpg
873KB, 2448x2346px
So this is good or should I die
>>
read sticky
post in begginer thread
cya
>>
>>2902236
You shouldn't die, it looks good, but it looks kind of like every other Tumblr character artist.
>>
>>2902236
It's not good, but you don't need to die per se either. There's nothing particularly appealing or eye-catching about your work, so I'd say look into the styles you like and try reproducing what makes them pop out for you. Keep drawing, and maybe stick to the stylization thread if you're going to post work of this nature. Doesn't really need its own thread.
>>
And leave that tumblr style on the journey...
>>
>>2902246
>>2902248
>rewriting your post
>>
>>2902253
wat
>>
>>2902236
Most of /ic/ are a bunch of failed people with no drive and a superiority complex over other artists who actually enjoy doing art for the sake of it, so don't take their opinions so seriously its mostly just shitpost
>>
>>2902265
Thanks
>>
>>2902255
Thanks
>>
>>2902276
>>2902265
Youre either same fagging, or youre only choosing to accept advice that makes you feel justified. So basically what you should have said in your post was "Hey everyone, can you say good things about my art to make me feel good?" You should feel good because you enjoy doing it and want to get better. Everyones said something that you can learn from in this thread, regardless if you dont think so. Youre not going to get better if you dont try doing something different.
>>
>>2902281
I wasn't fishing for compliments. I agree that all of the comments were helpful, I just didn't feel like responding to all of them.
>>
>>2902281
I should probably respond to other ones though
>>
>>2902248
Yeah, a lot of people have the sort of style I have right now
>>
File: Romans what the fuck.jpg (40KB, 429x631px) Image search: [Google]
Romans what the fuck.jpg
40KB, 429x631px
>>2902236
The glorious sticky is here to help you friendo
>>
>>2902236
looks like tumblr vomit.
Only bad, because im 100% sure you just looked at the artist you like and tried to draw like she draws.
>>2902246
>it looks good,
kys
>>
File: 1488269626972.png (622KB, 1024x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1488269626972.png
622KB, 1024x1040px
>>2902281
I was just pointing how stupidly toxic this board can be and how this can hurt newfags

If someone really wishes to get put down in a real level, they can post on more ''serious'' threads. But if someone just wishes some advice ( specially new people ) you can criticize their artwork without being a dick and give them some compliment

Because at the end of the day, art is up to the taste of the beholder, as much of a cynical critic you can be deep down you know that even yourself must have some pieces of artwork that are flawed but you still love because some reason, art is not a sport where you actually need to exceed your opponent and score more points, at the end of the day its just about expressing your feelings/thoughts into the real world and sharpening your skills as time goes by

Or you can be overly critical because you want so, you have the right to shit on anon's drawing, anon has the right of don't giving a shit about some random opinion

>tl;dr
Don't take life and art so seriously nerd
>>
File: samefag.png (57KB, 1352x542px) Image search: [Google]
samefag.png
57KB, 1352x542px
>>2902357
forgot that
>>
File: 1488787179232.jpg (17KB, 239x219px) Image search: [Google]
1488787179232.jpg
17KB, 239x219px
Honestly, it looks terrible. She looks like a 2011 millenial hipster with need of a nose job. Throw it away.

Honest critique is what ever artist needs.
>>
>>2902236
Do yourself a favor and delete your tumblr-account and forget the site exists. I'm serious.
>>
>>2902357
>I was just pointing how stupidly toxic this board can be and how this can hurt newfags
Not him, but it wouldn't be toxic if people read the fucking sticky or at least posted in the question or beginner thread. They don't even take the time to open up the catalog and search for them, which mind you, they would get better feedback in. Of course they need to be a special fucking snowflake about it.
>>
>>2902349
>kys
>>>/facebook/
>>
>>2904093
This board is slow af, its not like we are missing rank S quality content because some newlads are asking for advice
>>
>>2905169
That's no excuse not to lurk where people are actively lurking to answer begginer-tier questions that get repeated all the time from people who don't even read through the sticky. The stuff in the sticky can have you set for months. there's links to youtube channels, even art specific torrenting sites where you can find answers to anything you want. They can post in their own special threads, but they better be expecting some special replies.
>>
>>2905240
You are right, I just try to imagine they want something faster and more personal

Of course there is a shitload of content for free on the internet, but learning from another person directly, or at least taking a advice from someone with more experience can be way more productive and way more inspiring than sit your ass hours and hours grindind through content

Again, you are probably right, I'm just analyzing both sides I don't see a problem with helping random anons because this also helps me ''remind'' the concepts and I like to do nice things for people, but that's just me
>>
>>2905338
If they really want to get better they'll do it. It made no difference for me when I started. Knowledge was knowledge. I can see where you're coming from though.

I like helping too, but I also like to see at least a hint of effort on their side. Another problem with people like this is that they are more easily influenced because they have no prior knowledge to compare new feedback and information too. Better they have at least some idea of how fundamentals work so I know they'll actually take the advice, think critically about it, and use it if it suits them.
>>
>>2902236
Looks very Tumblr. Work on anatomy and be more refined with line work, looks ugly right now.
Overall, don't kill self yet, improve. Stop relying on "style" to save you.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.