[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Halp

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (985KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
985KB, 1536x2048px
Like all of you self-obsessed, self-pitying, and self deprecating motherfuckers, I think my art is shit. Anybody got some tips for working with acrylic on canvas?
>>
>>2901771
I mean its not complete shit, actually looks pretty good. you definitely need to improve though. I know literally nothing about acryllic so google that shit I guess, idunno.

looks dank though, so keep at it
>>
>>2901771
i've been there m8 lose the edge
>>
>>2901771
yeah, throw away the acrylics, paint over the canvas with primer and start again with oils
>>
>>2901778
>>2901771
Not enough depth, too many vibrant colours without enough tonality in between them. start with the colour of mud and work your way into bright colours in some areas. The eye in the middle of the chest is poorly drawn and shouldn't be there anyway; the boobs are uneven; the face has potential but again you need more depth (this can be achieved with tonality).
>>
>>2901771

I would fug her right in the phuseey
>>
File: 1396714476766.png (455KB, 501x767px) Image search: [Google]
1396714476766.png
455KB, 501x767px
>>2901771
One problem, and its very common in all forms of painting is that your colors are all too saturated relative to each other. By saturated i mean its a pure bright color with nothing else to bring it alittle closer to grey. Too many pure saturated colors makes it seem flat/fake/plastic whatever. You should ideally try and be careful what you choose to use the powerful saturated colors on, or atleast not have them everywhere. This is a rule that can ofcourse be broken, and is, but just keep it in mind if your painting looks flat and plastic and you dont know why.

The bigger problem is the inherent under drawing is flat, practice drawing but while you do it try and imagine simple shapes that actually sit in space and go through it, that's hard to do in the pose you chose because you basically have to draw all the features flat when someone is facing you directly like that and that can be a bit of a trap for beginners because it encourages their minds to think in flat rather then 3d.

You have plenty of potention though i promise. Ypu gotta suck before your good and I've seen people who suck much more and are seemingly dumb, eventually get a good skill set, just focus on learning very simple things and it'll add up. The process of painting or drawing is really just a process of simple steps that are themselves not super difficult but its one step at a time.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.