[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>drawing as a career

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 1489693558989.jpg (14KB, 247x223px) Image search: [Google]
1489693558989.jpg
14KB, 247x223px
>drawing as a career
>>
>suffering in a cubicle as a career
>>
>having a job at all
>>
>living
>>
>
>>
Drawing is not a viable career, because you have to waste thousands of hours and you are not guaranteed a job. Artists are paid less and less over time and it's all going to hell, I can't believe people still go for it.
>>
>>2901712
That crab mentality
>>
TALK TO ME WHEN YOU DOCTOR
>>
>>2901683

Who's gonna stop me?
>>
>>2901742
maybe that frog will
who knows
he looks devilish
>>
>>2901723
No, artists themselves say that.

Fuck I'll bite

http://www.vandalhigh.com/blog/2015/7/3/the-problems-with-artist-pay-on-magic

One of many cases where artists are getting fucked
>>
File: getalife.webm (3MB, 568x892px) Image search: [Google]
getalife.webm
3MB, 568x892px
>having a career
>>
Pretty cool, right?
>>
just set up a Patreon and draw noodz, scifi and fantasy

I follow 10 artists doing it and they all make over $3000 a month
>>
>>2901757

Pepe dindu nuffin, he a good boy
>>
>>2901683
>not being a truck driver and drawing as a hobby
>>
>>2901738
But I am a doctor.
>>
>>2901683
I remember having a few friends in high school that went straight to art school post graduation.

They're now working fast food while bitching online about how they're barely making ends meet.
>>
>>2901712
This, it's better to have a real job and keep art as a hobby.
>>
>>2902111
Trips has spoken!
>>
>>2901683
>(You)
>>
>>2901809
Patreon is just virtual begging, I'd rather not be E-Hobo
>>
>>2902111
>having to drive at least 9 hours per day, excluding other activities related to work
>reward for finishing the day sooner means you have to start the next day early than the previous day
>>
>>2901712
that's why you have to pursue technical art jobs like design related fields
>>
>>2901712
define viable. some people don't need to work 12 hours 6 days a week to feed 12 kids and a 2 pack a day cigarette habit (plus bi polar medications)
>>
>>2901712
>waste time
>use said time to produce something of skill
People are idiots, god damn. It's no wonder they think degrees mean everything.
>>
>One sentence OP with a facebookfrog.

How original.
>>
>>2901712
Without people doing art as a career, we'd have no decent games, no good acting/singing/music/dance, no movies at all, just a fraction of good belles-lettres or poetry and every piece of architecture, interior or webdesign, branding and sculpture would pretty much look like shit because no one would get paid for studying it.

Why don't you just ban culture all together, you fucking retard?
>>
File: 1484196907356.gif (428KB, 200x183px) Image search: [Google]
1484196907356.gif
428KB, 200x183px
>>2901683

>Shitposting as a hobby
>>
>>2905842
more like
>shitposting as an addiction
>>
>>2905842
>>2905886
>Not drawing as a secondary source of income while you fuck around with degenerates as a hobby
Shame on both of you.
>>
>I'm going to be a STEM meme like everyone else on 4chan
>>
>>2905816
Yeah but literally every artist ever is under the impression they're working with DaVinci's hands and they are the next big thing when in reality they are one in a pool of countless more without realizing it. I'd love to do music for a living, but it probably won't happen. I'm trying but I'm not going to put my entire life on hold to do it, and me getting a real job in the meantime to support myself isn't a bad thing
>>
>>2909446
>real job meme
>>
>>2902725
Correct, industrial design pays very well. Anything manchild related will put you in league with "professional amateurs" who would do it for free.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.