[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wacom Troubleshooting

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: intuos pro.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
intuos pro.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
I was given an Intuos pro M tablet, and the pressure sensitivity doesn't feel comfortable (I played around with various settings and treshold too).
It does register very light touch, but to reach 100% pressure I have to press quite hard.
I'm used to drawing with pencils and fineliners, maybe that's why it feels so wrong, idk.

What is the normal pressure range it is supposed to work in (force)? I know it registers as little as 1g but I can't find any info how hard are you supposed to press to reach higher pressure levels.
>>
>>2900651
Have you tried changing the firmness level or using the custom pressure level feature?
>>
>>2900829
Yeah it helps somewhat but still feels suboptimal.
>>
>>2900651
change nibs or switch to wireless mode or replace the usb cable
>>
File: pressure sensitivity.png (4KB, 234x240px) Image search: [Google]
pressure sensitivity.png
4KB, 234x240px
>>2900651
I recently bought the same model.
Is it still a problem if you set it up like that?
>>
But I'm wondering, if you can get rid of the noticeable input lag.
>>
>>2902666
>that curve
jesus wtf you doing do you even know how to use that?
>>
File: pressure sensitivity.png (4KB, 239x238px) Image search: [Google]
pressure sensitivity.png
4KB, 239x238px
>>2902675
That's not my setup, but it's hella sensitive like that. And it sounded like that's what OP was going for.

And no, I don't really know how to use that. What should I watch out for? That's my setup.
>>
>>2902666
This is the kind of setup where it seems to work nice but its so strange i have to set up like that.

What is everyones setup looks like?
Also I measured around 400-500 gr of pressure for max value
>>
>>2902735
If it suits your needs I would use it like that. Of course you would loose some resolution.

How did you measure the pressure? With a scale?
>>
>>2902682
left is the amount of pressure applied. bottom is the source(opacity,size you name it). so having a constant linear curve means you apply gradual pressure to get where you want(and its the shittiest also its the default linear curve). having a parabola or an inverted parabola requires less pressure or more to get where you want. you dont actually use all pen pressure levels, because if you did you would fucking break it. you need to actually calibrate your pen to where you have that sweet spot to paint from your lightest light to the darkest with opacity.

theres a site that actually helps you calibrate it to get that sweet spot but i dont remember it. I can only show you the curve, but i wont : )
>>
>>2902758
yup, kitchen scale

using a paper cone to measure the pen's own weight, it gives 20% pressure on default, medium settings (using diagnostic tool)

>>2902839
Yeah, I'm afaird of damaging it using too much pressure.
>>
>>2902839
Thanks for the clarification. I'm gonna google wacom calibration.

Could you also tell me how much input lag is normal?
>>
Yes. The high levels of pressure make it harder to get to 100%.

Use this guide.

https://www.ctrlpaint.com/videos/100-brush-pressure-less-fatigue
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.