[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finnish art schools are shit

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: ss+(2017-03-15+at+03.39.17).jpg (104KB, 678x405px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-03-15+at+03.39.17).jpg
104KB, 678x405px
For Finns it's the time of the year where you can apply for higher education.

Are there literally no good (not master level) art programs that emphasize fundamentals and design and creating work fit for the entertainment industry in Finland?

Everything's abstract shit
>>
File: 1489238528610-ic.gif (1MB, 195x229px) Image search: [Google]
1489238528610-ic.gif
1MB, 195x229px
>>2899804

Joskus kans oon yrittäny kattoo mutta mikään ei oikeen kerro mitään. Ja kaikki Hesburgerissa oleva tuntuu vaan joltain tekotaiteelliselta meemeilyltä.
>>
>>2899804
Why are you confusing fine art with drawing animu shit and half-naked dudes with big swords? not gonna make it bro fukn lul
>>
>>2899804

It's like that in most of EU. I've got a friend in Spain who spent 30k on a degree that alledgely taught art for videogame development. If you look at his work, it's like straight outta /beg/.

The best think to do is save money, and go to the US or Singapore.
>>
>>2900246

He isn't saying that fine art isn't okay.

It just that the most of the Finnish art schools seem to lean towards modern art. The "steal a traffic light and spray paint it" kind. That's a true story btw.
>>
Just NEET up and draw every day. It's somehow becoming the only option for most.
>>
>>2899804
Anime and concept"art" isn't art. It's like why would you study music if your goal is to work for BMW figuring out what noise the car doors are gonna make when you close them?
>>
>>2900268
Paint being that no school offers programs aimed towards working in the entertainment/publishing industry.

It's all just art for artists.
>>
>>2900311
There are a ton of programs in europe aimed towards commercial art. Peoplealso have a weird image of art schools, when i went figure drawing was mandatory. Painting and drawing classes too. People had different goals and those goals were accomodated too. idk man, just getting sick of this weird hate for "traditional" art when that and what ic is dong aren't even in the same category.
>>
>>2900323
ic is for plebs who play video games 8 hours a day and dream about working in the industry. They're the art equivalent of those video game testers who thought playing games for a living would be some kind of dream job.
>>
>>2900246
Is there even a school to go to for drawing anime? Aside from the obvious animation schools.
>>
>>2900344
why would there be?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.