[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets be serious guys and talk about our spines for a minute.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 4VRXkQU.jpg (14KB, 400x599px) Image search: [Google]
4VRXkQU.jpg
14KB, 400x599px
Lets be serious guys and talk about our spines for a minute. I woke up at 9am today, aged 26, feeling mostly fine, no real medical problems. The moment I try to get out of bed I experience some intense pain in my back, and suddenly I cant get up at all, can't stand, can't even sit, it hurts to even lie down. I was completely paralyzed. It's most likely a herniated disk in my spine, a consequence of me sitting down at a desk for the vast majority of my life with poor posture. It's likely also genetic, my mom had the same thing but when she was in her late 50s.

After sleeping for another 6 hours and taking some medical grade Tylenol I feel much better but it still hurts when my back is in anything but perfect posture. Anyway this shit is never going away, it can only be treated with physical therapy and gets better over time. Watch your fucking back kids, literally. A fucked up back aint a joke and can happen really easily.
>>
File: Workstation-Setup-437x565.jpg (50KB, 437x565px) Image search: [Google]
Workstation-Setup-437x565.jpg
50KB, 437x565px
>>
>>2898437
What about the one where you lay back 135 degrees?
>>
Do I really need to change my career if I want to save my back? I can't imagine life without sitting most of the day. What would you even do all day?
>>
>>2898436
I'm sorry, but you've run out of Neuroplasticity.
>>
>>2900036
No, there are ways to preserve your body, firstly practice correct posture. Then work on fixing imbalances(ie. improving thoracic mobility if you're hunched over), and of course strengthen those muscles. You don't have to spend all day at the gym. Just some simple compound exercises and rotator cuff/lower back work can do wonders.
>>
>>2900045
What exercises do you recommend for lower back pain?
>>
this is why we do deadlifts
>>
>>2900054
I do good mornings but this is really one of those things you should research or talk to a professional about. There are different causes for back pain and different solutions. If nothing else look into the exact type of pain and proper strengthening exercises, you don't want to end up hurting yourself.
>>
>no desk
What's the proper posture for drawing on the floor?
>>
>>2900089
There is no proper way to draw on the floor, Pajeet.
>>
>>2898436
are you fat?
>>
Well, looks like I got 3 more years to go. Gotta enjoy my comfy almost-upside-down posture to the max.
>>
>>2898436
It sounds like you put your back out, nothing more. I've done it a couple times further up near my shoulders, though it's apparently worst when you do your lower back.

Anyone can do it. Not just painters or whatever. My mam is a doctor. She gets up and sees a new patient every 15 minutes. My pa is skinny as a rake and does hours of exercise a day, but he also puts his back out periodically. You just bend over and twist at the same time and your back goes pop! And then you're in pain for a week before you come right but the first three days are the worst and sometimes you can't do shit like walk up the stairs or drive.

All you can do is see a physiotherapist for immediate treatment and start doing some core strengthening exercise when you go to the gym.

If you do no exercise at all and don't even have a gym membership, there's your problem.
>>
>>2898436

Holy crappers man, what now?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.