[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Git gud by watching videos and tutorials?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 44_out_of_10.jpg (73KB, 749x552px) Image search: [Google]
44_out_of_10.jpg
73KB, 749x552px
Git gud by watching videos and tutorials? Is it possible? My idea is, ive got a job where I spend lots of time not doing anything basically, so if I watch tutorials, can I get better?
>>
>>2896618
no
>>
>>2896618
You should watch/read tutorials on stuff such as anatomy, but this in itself won't make you better. Practice is the way to improve.
>>
>>2896618
It helped me a lot as a beginner because I had no idea how to build up a drawing and what to look out for. You have to see someone do it, but make sure you watch established teachers. Watching random people drawing animu grills on Youtube will just teach you bad habits.

You have to put it into practice though, but definitely use the opportunities of the digital age and watch some guys like Watts, Vilppu and Huston approach a drawing.
>>
>>2896618
2 things:

1) You get good at what you do.

2) Knowledge is not understanding.

If you want to be good at having textbook knowledge of how a composition is put together and be real good at watching videos, then yeah just go ahead and watch tutorials and lectures.

But if you want to be good at drawing then you have to draw. Don't think of it as practice. You may be doing an exercise, but you are still drawing. Don't separate improving a skill from performing that skill. Just knowing what to do is useless. You need actual understanding of that knowledge to use it. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFzDaBzBlL0

That said, I do find that seeing the process of composing a drawing can be useful. But only if it is targeted at instruction.

Watching a speedpaint by an experienced artist actually doesn't teach you much because they have years worth of shortcuts wired into their head that will not help you construct your own pieces.

Don't waste your time with random youtuber videos drawing anime or blocked scenes or freeform digital painting. Look up actual instruction tutorials and video series (go to sticky) use those as a basis for improvement.
>>
>>2896688
that was a really interesting video
>>
>>2896688
>that video
tfw neuroplasticity is not a meme
>>
File: 394322.jpg (24KB, 543x405px) Image search: [Google]
394322.jpg
24KB, 543x405px
>>2896688
>neuroplasticity meme
it's time to end this
>>
>>2896688
>>2896702
>>2896711
>>2896724

I wonder if him having more bike riding practice in his life than his son played a role in that. My guess that his neural pathways were a lot stronger and harder to unlearn
>>
>>2896688
This video is also a good watch about a similar thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBVV8pch1dM
>>
>>2896688
>neuroplasticity

hahaha
>>
>>2896618
Just read books and draw in your mind as you read them to practice content.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.