[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get better at values? It seems like I am stagnating

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

How do I get better at values? It seems like I am stagnating and I don't know how to push myself
>>
>>2896282
usually if your parents have good values then you will grow up with good values.

This isn't always the case, but having good values is more a product of nurture rather than nature.
>>
>>2896282
Find what's important to you in life. Those are your values.
>>
>>2896313
That joke wasn't funny the first time you mentally challenged kid
>>
>>2896282
Study more from life instead of inventing it or basing it off photos. Also as you are studying don't juts copy it, try to analyze why it is the value that it is--where are the light sources? what is the local value? what angle is the plane at? what is the material?
>>
>>2896282
find good role models. don't use shitty photos, use /hr/, Then see how the values group together.
ask questions make observations.
>what is the key?
>what values are in the darks?
>what values are in the lights?
>what is the lightest dark?
>what is the darkest light?
>how many planes is that gradient made of?
>what is the lighting setup?

use filters and shit to get as much information from thing as necessary.
>>
>>2896282
depends. Is the image in the OP your work?
>>
>>2896342
no, but it's good for a value study i guess
>>
>>2896343
yes it is. The thing is that all I can say without seeing your work is some general advice about applying critical thinking by redoing and analyzing your own work by identifying all the wrong values and stuff that doesn't belong.

I know posting your work attracts shitposters but that is the sacrifice/chance you have to take for the sake of progress.
>>
File: light.png (151KB, 399x588px) Image search: [Google]
light.png
151KB, 399x588px
What's the light source for OP's pic? Why is it bright there?
>>
>>2896382
secondary light source. if there was no refected light, that side would be black. think of how the moon works.
My guess is that there's two light sources to get that sexy core shadow down the nip
>>
>>2896395
sometimes i wonder why some people got passed birth
>>
>>2896282
Damn, I can't guess the light source. So this is the power of mindless drawing.
>>
File: 1476857307250.jpg (24KB, 428x449px) Image search: [Google]
1476857307250.jpg
24KB, 428x449px
>>2896295
>usually if your parents have good values then you will grow up with good values.
>>
>>2896395
I want to fuck that statue
>>
>>2896295
Underrated post
>>
>>2896600
>>2896758
It's actually funnier if you understand it as tonal values.
>>
>>2896330
>What is the key
THIS
Don't be that faggot that only plays in the key of C
>>
>>2896295
>but having good values is more a product of nurture rather than nature.
then why is my wifes son such a little stinker?
>>
>>2896282
>>2896382
hnnnggg mug dick
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.