[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it just me, or is the art industry mostly female?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: 1488720770559.jpg (42KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1488720770559.jpg
42KB, 400x400px
Is it just me, or is the art industry mostly female?
>>
>>2896075
it's just you
>>
>>2896075
I mean art schools are definitely skewed towards females. Maybe the rise in trans people might tip the scales as they tend to be into programming design and or art.
>>
>>2896075
the future is female, haven't you heard?
>>
No. All forms of art are dominated by males.
>>
>>2896077
>>2896085
Okay you guys claim that....
But whenenver I go on tumblr or deviantart the ratio of male and female artists is always much greater on female side...
>>
>>2896110
try looking at every name in the art categories in the credits of any movie or video game.
Mostly male
>>
Art in social media is generally female.

Paid jobs in the art industry are male.
>>
>>2896110
>useless, shitty art is by females
>professional, elite art is by males

made me think
>>
mostly female.

>>2896162
>Paid jobs in the art industry are male.
except not
>>
>>2896075
Production art is definitely mostly male, can't comment on other fields though.
>>
>>2896231
false correlation
>>
>>2896075
If you go to any art workshop it's 95% male. But I guess female artists are better at using social media.
>>
Subjective art is dominated by females, anything held to a professional standard and with a clear route of training and hierarchy is dominated by males.

Tons of women in fine arts and art related college courses. Not as many in entertainment design or any competitive fields.
>>
>>2896075
its just because women are the loudest :)
>>
>>2896075

The top dogs are men, always and in everything.
>>
>>2896075

Have a look at the IQ Bell curve for both genders, you'll see men are both dumber and more intelligent than women because we have a greater gap between the extremes. So, it is to be expected that the ones at the top of any job are going to be men, excluding the behavioral effects of the different dominant hormones, testosterone in this case.
>>
>>2896075
would explain why it's so degenerate.
>>
>>2896742
>tfw male and suck at using social media
How do I get good?
>>
>>2896877

Inject estrogen
>>
>>2896877
like you get good at everything
think at length about how it works
>>
>>2896075
there's definitely more female "artists" at the start, usually just hobbyists from rich families who didn't know what else to major in college and don't know what the fuck to do with their lives, and they rather spend their time partying and getting high than actually drawing. and when they draw, it's mostly about "expressing themselves" rather than wanting to know how to draw. and then they fade out as they switch to another career or marry the rich family friend or something.

but the ratios of serious artists even out at the end.
>>
>>2896075
i counted, and only 20% of the artists i follow on twitter are dudes. huh.
>>
>>2896075

The most important people in the industry are men. Look, women write newbie books like Drawing on the right side of the brain, men write the big boy books like How to Draw, How to Render. Or even the bigger boy books, like An Aesthetic Theory of Mathematics.
>>
>>2896927
The active and responsive ones on Twitter are usually female I've come to realize
>>
>>2896877
Im female but I suck at social media and I wont post any pics of myself or anything retarded like that.
Is this how you lose female privilage?
>>
File: 1164249215003.gif (22KB, 395x494px) Image search: [Google]
1164249215003.gif
22KB, 395x494px
>>2897026
>Im female
first mistake get ready for TOGTFO comments or rk9 projecting their sadness and anger on you

>I wont post any pics of myself or anything retarded like that.
you already answered your own question
>>
>>2896110
>tumblr or deviantart
I thought you were talking about artists here.
>>
>>2896075
just the schools
>>
>>2896075
>someones been looking at Sakamichans patreon again ;^)
>>
>>2896075
Online, the precence of female artists tends to greatly overwhelm males.

But in the professional world, Men dominate. Women just don't like competition and are satisfied drawing things on their blogs or whatever social media they use.
>>
>>2896749

this
>>
>>2896075

I work at a small art supply store in a pretty artistically inclined city and I can say from what I've seen a LARGE majority of "artists" are one of two things, rich wives who've got enough pension to fund their art careers or rich girls who have mommy and daddy as a safety net to pay their bills when they didn't get enough commissions that month.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.