[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Writing Judgement Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: Grendel's_Mother.jpg (26KB, 288x487px) Image search: [Google]
Grendel's_Mother.jpg
26KB, 288x487px
How about we do a poem critique thread, you judge mine and/or share yours for others to judge. Be as hard hitting as you like.

'That Uncertain Affection':

Alone with my thoughts,
I'm drawn back to you,
To passion, confusion,
And fear of what's new,

These truths we do tell,
Of how we now feel,
Escaping that shell,
I've found something real,

And that's all that matters,
Not judgement nor doubt,
Old boundaries are shattered,
Yet remain does the cloud,

This fog that has plagued me,
It's hopelessly thick,
But I'll ignore it, and love thee,
Life was never a picnic
>>
You'll have more luck on >>>/lit/

That being said your poem is so bad I'm wondering if it's some kind of troll. I'll give my opinion anyways.

It's ridiculously literal, without nuance or subtlety. I prefer something in which I can get lost, eg. approach the subject less directly, maybe combining multiple metaphors / parabolas. Suggest to the reader, and let real meaning form itself in their minds. You can still get to the literal emotional heart you want to express, but not so flatly and immediately.

You shouldn't use an extremely short meter like that, it's the most difficult to write in. Basically consider that each line of verse should be interesting in itself, so start with longer meters.

Use a thesaurus.

That "thee" at the end is like the cherry on the shit cake. If you're going to write in a period style, do so consistently. The thee/picnic contrast is pretty hilarious.
>>
>>2895962
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Fuck off my board
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.