[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coloring Help

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1487545589142.jpg (32KB, 447x456px) Image search: [Google]
1487545589142.jpg
32KB, 447x456px
i seriously cannot seem to grasp the action of just fucking coloring digitally. i can read a million tutorials but when it comes to, my hands and brain just stop working kill me
>>
Just start doing it. You just gotta shit it up real hard for a while and you'll figure it out. The information you read about will click eventually.
>>
>>2895612
Right there with you.

Trying to "render" something through colouring and it's just not working out in the slightest.
Things seem to look okay with lines but as soon as I remove the linework it's a blob of colours, shape entirely gone.
I feel like I spend more time fiddling with the hardness of brushes than I do with actual colouring.
>>
>>2895612
I was thinking about making a same thread. Someone please oh please tell me how you do it.

After three years of working with ink and graphite I got unironically good at most of the fundies, but the perfectionism just doesn't let me finish anything - as soon as I open a digital canvas, my mind goes blank and I scrap everything after the sketch phase.

I envy the weeaboo and furry autists flooding deviantArt with finished works. Even if it's garbage, at least they have something to show for their effort.
>>
>>2895704
I finally reached deviantArt tier yesterday. It really just takes time to render and that's it, just do it.
>>
>>2895612
>>2895673
>>2895704

What is the problem specifically? Picking the right colours? Combining colours? Blending? Establishing edges?
>>
>>2895731
My problem is colors that go together, and light (like making the shadow/light the correct color). I can do really well in just black and white to get the shades down, but once color is added all hell breaks loose. I've also been looking at lots of examples of coloring and lighting but it hasn't clicked for me yet
>>
>>2895612
God, this, this. Everyone keep saying how easy it is to work digitaly, and it's a torture to me.

I have so much fun using color pencils and watercolor, which are often called "hard" by comparison.

For reference I did the chicken in /las/.
I just can't control value changes, softness of brush, blending, hard to explain.
>>
>>2895737
Get good at values, then slowly, and using reference, introduce easy coloured material renders into your practice.
>>
>>2895737
Look up color temperature if you haven't already. Or just read Color and Light by James Gurney.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.