[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to get good, gonna make a comic when I do

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 20170103_035104.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170103_035104.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
I have spent years trying to get good but have only become meh, I'll post 2 or 3 more so you get the full idea. Anything you guys sujust is greatly apreaciated. I hope one day I will be able to publish a comic with these guys in em. Anyway here you go
>>
File: 20170103_034354.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170103_034354.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>
File: 20170103_034438.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px)
20170103_034438.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Here's a lil zomboid I drew
>>
File: 20170116_131914.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170116_131914.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
And here's a lewd. Any sugestions?
>>
how old are you?
if you're in your 20's, just give up

Take some drawing and theory classes, your art is pure dogshit.
And never take positive criticism honestly, anyone who tells you you are good is a fucking liar and is a bad influence to you.

People who think their art is good never improve themselves because the people around them tell them their art is good when its not, it's toxic positive reinforcement criticism that promotes laziness and shitty art that engorges all modern day artists.

tl;dr your "art" sucks, work harder or quit
>>
>>2894470
Thanks man, I have a little bit till I turn 20 but for my age I am bad, I never really said I was good. I was kinda looking for adive on techniques and stuff but this type of help is good too, thanks for the punch in the gut dude. If you still want to comment is there any thing I could salvage from this style or just bin it all?
>>
File: 20170312_121912.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170312_121912.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
I'm doing practice drawnings and have been all afternoon. I am not sure where I'm fucking up but I think I'm doomed from this point (in picture). Could one of you guys help out. How do you niggas draw and how can I fix my broken art?
>>
>>2894516
Bin it, read the sticky and learn your fundies.

Really read the sticky, don't skim it.
>>
>>2894641
Will do.
>>
>>2894626

First off don't panic, because you can already hold a pencil and draw a circle so you're better than people who can't draw at all.

But you need to focus on drawing from real life. You should probably get a book like Keys to Drawing. And get used to not drawing anything anime for a while. Start drawing shit like bowls of fruit. Learn how to measure with your pencil, and how to avoid symbol drawing.

Don't worry about your comic, don't worry about your characters or your "style". The popular artists who have a style already know how to draw properly, because that gives them skills they can transfer to something weirder. Like, how to draw a character from every angle. That's a hard skill, and worth learning. Essential for a comic.

You might not be amazing in two years, but if you try to get good the right way, you will utterly embarrassed by the pictures you've posted. That's a great position to be in.
>>
>>2894677
Thank you so much. I read the sticky like the anon above you said and I am looking at a lot of real life stuff I can draw, I'm bebating weather I should start with a seashell or a jelly cup (apples scare me when I try to draw them). You have boosted my confodence greatly.
>>
>>2894442
Scott McCloud's Making Comics, and Understanding Comics. I really, strongly recommend those two books.

Don't get too hung up on character design. It's a fun hell to be in, but it gets you absolutely nowhere if you want a story down. Try a really small (like a single page) one-shot with your characters first, don't worry if it's bad. You'll see how they fit in with your storytelling style, and it if doesn't work? You did a page.

Your art can be shit, but if you at least churn out a working comic, people will tell you it's quality. If your story and your comic skills are "good" enough, and you somehow manage to market to the right audience, you can put together a twice-weekly MSPaint abortion and get bazillions of fans

But seriously, if you wanna git gud at arting, get your fundies down good.
>>
>>2894516
check out sinixdesign on youtube and watch volume 1&2 of his sketchbook videos that he just posted. you can see his progression and what he did, you are at the same level he was at your age. dont give up youll be fine.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.